QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - To the guys at Ghibli
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » To the guys at Ghibli » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Quizzle Bizzle
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.14.09
  To the guys at GhibliPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Quizzle Bizzle Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would like to thank all of you. When I see your films I cry until my tears are gone and all my friends are laughing at me. I've never in all my life seen such beauty and mastery in the film industry. The quality of your productions is only matched by the amazing story-lines you employ, which I'd say is your biggest boast. Honestly, through most of my childhood I was a pessimist and saw no love or fellowship in the world, but one day "Kiki's Delivery Service" came on on the WB. This single-handedly made me the person I am today. For the gift you've given me, I must say thank you and I will always love you. <3

06.14.2009, 02:41 PM Quizzle Bizzle is offline   Profile for Quizzle Bizzle Add Quizzle Bizzle to your buddy list Send an Email to Quizzle Bizzle
oldwrench
Warawara

Registration Date: 02.23.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by oldwrench Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's very nice, QB, I agree whole heartedly. There aren't many who can claim such consistent quality and beauty as the Ghibli films. Hope you enjoy your time here with this fun community.

Post last edited by oldwrench on 06.14.2009, 03:00 PM.

06.14.2009, 03:00 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
reecetard
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by reecetard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love that these films have brought such good to people.

I have to say, some of the Ghibli films do make me reflect on things

x

~ No matter how many weapons you may have ~
~ No matter how great your technology may be ~
~ The world cannot live without love ~

06.14.2009, 06:21 PM reecetard is offline   Profile for reecetard Add reecetard to your buddy list Homepage of reecetard
DreamSequencer
Warawara

Registration Date: 04.22.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DreamSequencer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Quizzle Bizzle, I agree wholeheartedly.
Ghibli changed my life. Period.

I do love saying that, don't I?

06.15.2009, 03:15 AM DreamSequencer is offline   Profile for DreamSequencer Add DreamSequencer to your buddy list Homepage of DreamSequencer
Quizzle Bizzle
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.14.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Quizzle Bizzle Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its nice to finally meet some like-minded people to talk to. People here in Texas can't spell art, much less appreciate a masterpiece when they see it. If everyone gave Ghibli a chance, the world would benefit unbeliveably.

06.15.2009, 10:57 AM Quizzle Bizzle is offline   Profile for Quizzle Bizzle Add Quizzle Bizzle to your buddy list Send an Email to Quizzle Bizzle
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol, Texas? You'll be the only other American here, then. Husky's the only other, from Virginia if I remember correctly.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.16.2009, 11:25 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, Kiki's from America too, isn't she? All I can remember is that it's wet and there might be woods near it...and the coast, possibly? And she's one time zone away from me. Oregon?

06.16.2009, 01:31 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Lol, Texas? You'll be the only other American here, then. Husky's the only other, from Virginia if I remember correctly.

Umm...

06.16.2009, 03:04 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe Americans go to Disney forums to talk about Ghibli films? Who knows...

06.16.2009, 03:28 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne
Maybe Americans go to Disney forums to talk about Ghibli films? Who knows...

Are you suggesting that our American Friends maybe a little 'thick'? And I don't mean the size of their waist.

You North Americans love having a dig at each other, I've seen plenty of that sort of thing going on, watching your TV progs!

BTW; Seiji is also an American! "Yay Seiji"

06.16.2009, 04:40 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm sure we have a few others too. There never seem to be many active American members all at the same time though...

06.16.2009, 04:42 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
oldwrench
Warawara

Registration Date: 02.23.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by oldwrench Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Minnesota may be the middle of nowhere, but it is south of Canada........ And, it does seem Canada is part of N America too, So.......

Now Texas...... That's the center of the anime importers in the US, I believe. Lot's of VA's are from the Huston area, and ADV films is from there. There is some culture down in Texas. It's not all goat roping music.

I've met and talked with Dr. Marc Hairston, a professor and NASA researcher form UT at Dallas, at anime conventions and SGMS. He has some very interesting lectures of anime subjects, and is a great fan of Miyazaki.

There are a small but growing number of academic courses which include the study of anime. Dr. Susan Napier of the Asian Studies Center at the University of Texas at Austin has taught a course titled "World of Japanese Animation". She is also the author of a new book mentioned below. Her work continues to receive attention, such as the Feature Story: An Anime Explosion on the UT web pages.
Two faculty from the University of Texas at Dallas incorporated anime into their course A&H 3300 "Natural Wonders". Dr. Pam Gossin and Dr. Marc Hairston included a review of Hayao Miyazaki's epic film Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/vanfleet/anime.html

06.16.2009, 05:39 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
Theowne
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chihiros-Dream-Boy

Are you suggesting that our American Friends maybe a little 'thick'? And I don't mean the size of their waist.

You North Americans love having a dig at each other, I've seen plenty of that sort of thing going on, watching your TV progs!

I think your imagination is running a little wild.

What I'm suggesting is that Disney distributes Ghibli films in America, casual American Ghibli fans might associate the films with Disney first and have their discussion in Disney forums.

Post last edited by Theowne on 06.16.2009, 11:37 PM.

06.16.2009, 11:36 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
No, Kiki's from America too, isn't she? All I can remember is that it's wet and there might be woods near it...and the coast, possibly? And she's one time zone away from me. Oregon?

Haha, yup! Exactly. XD

@Theowne
LOL, Disney forums. People that spend time on Disney forums. Oh god...

Oh! And I was born in Texas! But then we moved. xD

06.17.2009, 04:38 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I live in the U.S.

06.17.2009, 08:25 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dballred
quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

Umm...

Oh dear, Daniel! I am SO sorry I forgot about you And to think that I knew you the longest.

Hmm, it's kinda funny how people keep saying about how few Americans come here, and then suddenly we discover we have at least four. Which would mean we actually have a pretty even distribution, although the Europeans still make up the most.

Although... I think I'm pretty much the only Asian here Loooonely, I am so loooonely, I have nobooooody, all on my oooooOOOOoooown...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.17.2009, 11:38 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Theowne
Baron

quote:
I think I'm pretty much the only Asian here

If it makes you feel better, I originated in the continent called Asia.

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
I live in the U.S.

I had no idea Saskatchewan had seceded already.

Post last edited by Theowne on 06.18.2009, 04:07 AM.

06.18.2009, 04:05 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've always found it strange how many people from Britain there are here. Lets see, there's me, arren, matthew, frigidchill, Maho, Saddletank... CDB. Reecetard too I think? Yeah. So... the forums active members are actually mostly Brits...? ._. Wow.

My Anime List

06.18.2009, 12:10 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

AARGH!!! turns Roar's volume down... lol

BTW, Roar, I have lived in Virginia, long, long ago, but...

I was born in Canada and have lived most of my life, as now, here in Southern California...

As someone has said, doesn't seem to be to many active USA members...

ones offhand that I know of,
Kiki, Oldwrench, I think Dballred, and one or two others that we hear from... most seem to come in then disappear...
--------------------------------------
if we used the term 'Americans', then that COULD refer to ALL of Canada, Mexico and Central and South America...

(don't throw things, please, I bruise easily and bleed mightly...lol)

06.18.2009, 01:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Saddletank... CDB.

Lucky us, eh?

06.18.2009, 02:57 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks