QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - I Watched 'Kiki's...' On A Train...
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » I Watched 'Kiki's...' On A Train... » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Artoo
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.19.07
  I Watched 'Kiki's...' On A Train...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Artoo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Today I watched Kiki's Delivery service on a train (on my laptop). Great film as always, I swear it gets better with every repeat viewing. Anyway....

Where have you watched Ghibli films aside from the usual (at home / in a cinema/movie theatre)? A strange cinema? At work or school or university? At a friend or relative's house (and what did they think of it)? A boat, a plane?

08.29.2007, 06:27 PM Artoo is offline   Profile for Artoo Add Artoo to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was over at the community center, helping them set up their website (in return, they let me use their piano for practice). On one day, I was finished but the owners had left for a while to run an errand, so I couldn't leave with the door still unlocked. So I took the DVD I had (Porco Rosso) and popped it into the computer.

So, the weirdest place I have watched a Ghibli film was in the cramped office of a community center with the owner's pet cat watching over my shoulder, seeming to enjoy the film

08.29.2007, 06:30 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In June 2005, I flew over to NYC and saw 'HMC' 5 times in Loews Cinema complex in Times Square during my 6 day stay, I couldn't wait to see it, as the UK release was put back to late Sept.

Then on 18th August 2005, 'Spirited Away' was shown at the 'Summer Screen', a large open air venue in Londons Sommerset House Courtyard. I took or rather dragged my wife there, to sit on the hard stone paving under the stars, amongst thousands of other SA Fans, it was a special evening, and many of the people around me had tears in their eyes during the train sequence, me included!

Also on 10th July this year, I met up with Saddles in Cambridge, to watch the UK premier of 'Earthsea', then later that same evening we saw 'Paprika'.

08.29.2007, 07:09 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I often watch anime on my laptop on the train. One day a guy next to me was sneakily watching most of Porco with me... I'm currently watching Beck on the train - its awesome.

Watched some anime once in a hotel room when I was working away a few days. Hm, laptop in the garden at night in summer with just garden candles around me - that was nice although it was Elfen Lied so not so cutsey as it could have been.

In my daughters bed on her DVD player /TV (no don't ask she wasn't in there too)

That might be about it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.29.2007, 09:59 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I own a portable 7" DVD player I often play before I sleep.

Although admittedly I never saw any ghibli anime on it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.30.2007, 12:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In junior high, in the AV room, I found a stash of anime and ghibli stuff, surprisingly, which was interesting. A friend and I snuck off there during lunches and free periods to watch on the projection screen. It was pretty cool.

08.31.2007, 07:38 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
OnYourMark
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OnYourMark Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've watched the short movies "Ghiblies" (1 and 2) in a plane to Minnesota, on my mp3 player.

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I'm currently watching Beck on the train - its awesome.

Beck is that anime with the band right? hmm... looks like a PG-13 series lol

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775.

09.02.2007, 02:33 AM OnYourMark is offline   Profile for OnYourMark Add OnYourMark to your buddy list Homepage of OnYourMark AIM Screenname: OnYourMarkItsumo
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by OnYourMark Beck is that anime with the band right? hmm... looks like a PG-13 series lol
Yep, that's the one. No idea what its rating is, but the f--- word gets used a lot, other than that no sex or drug abuse (so far) but a few punch ups is all.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.02.2007, 02:53 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
Just at home.
But Ive rewatched sequences of OY on my iPod.

09.02.2007, 07:31 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've only ever watched Ghibli films on my own TV, with two exceptions: Spirited Away, which I saw on a better TV, and Gedo Senki, which I saw in cinema.

09.02.2007, 07:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i watched totoro the day i got it at her house in hobart
and my farther (a stern man who doesn't agree with me watching japanese animation)
kept watching it with me and acually thought it was a good film

09.02.2007, 08:34 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ohh whopps i forgot to say that it was my sister's house in hobart..

09.02.2007, 08:34 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Pink
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I put all of these movies on my iPod and watch them when i go to bed, i find it alot more comfortable and i seem to pay alot more attention to the movie this way.

P1nk777@Deviant

09.21.2007, 09:02 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i do the same thing, but i dont have an ipod video, but i have a laptop, which works just fine

09.21.2007, 07:38 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Pink
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, laptops r more expensive then ipod's, lol. So, i dun got a laptop .

P1nk777@Deviant

09.21.2007, 11:49 PM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

true, but there not a portable as ipods
u cant keep a laptop in your pocket

09.22.2007, 12:00 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Pink
Calcifer

Yea, true, but you can do so much more with a laptop!

P1nk777@Deviant

09.22.2007, 12:01 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

yea thats for sure, but still
laptop = bigger screen, more stuff ,$$$$$$$
ipod = pocket size, more portable , less $

09.22.2007, 12:06 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Pink
Calcifer

Yea, idk, i dont now what i would do without my ipod though, i love it .

P1nk777@Deviant

09.22.2007, 12:11 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

video right?
or one of them new nanos or touch, ot iphone

09.22.2007, 12:56 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks