QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Is anyone a mad collector like myself?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Is anyone a mad collector like myself? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.27.08
  Is anyone a mad collector like myself?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hope I'm not the only one lol. I get mad looking for and buying all kinds of Ghibli items. The art books I find are interesting and well done. I've bought special box sets of Mononoke and Totoro in German lol. Really nice prints inside, posters, calendar and sticky pad of catbus, plushes, box sets etc
I finding it hard to find places for all these items I have I think I may need better storage options.

It's a fun little hobby :-)

01.27.2008, 05:05 PM tiki is offline   Profile for tiki Add tiki to your buddy list Homepage of tiki
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I often find myself wanting to buy those kinds of the things, especially the art books you mentioned, but i ussually come to the conclusion that my limited financial resources might be better off going to actual anime or manga.. so for now im contented with my dvd and book collection. These types of things are so expensive, i couldnt afford to "collect" anyway.
I'd like to see your house though, filled with oversized totoros and Nausicaa posters i presume?

Post last edited by T.C. on 01.27.2008, 07:00 PM.

01.27.2008, 06:58 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have seen an artbook I really wanted. It was an Evangelion one and contained a lot of images I'd never seen on the internet. But although it was beautiful it was also £35 and I just can't justify the expense, sadly.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.27.2008, 07:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im a mad collector, and ive solved the storage difficulty.
i just keep them in my bookcase in my room
but for some reason lately all the dvds ive been buying are wrecked.weird.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.27.2008, 07:19 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
tiki
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There is several more stuff I'm seeing and I want. Mainly I just have my dvds and books out. All the individual dvds and the boxset. Although it is taking over my cabinet lol.

I do try and find the best price for the item I want. They aren't cheap at all. I mainly buy the stuff abroad and check that the postage price is okay. As it all totals up.

I have a mini Totoro but don't know where to put him hehe. As long with the many kokeshi and hello kitty things I have.

Its good to talk to peeps who can relate. :-)

01.28.2008, 08:43 AM tiki is offline   Profile for tiki Add tiki to your buddy list Homepage of tiki
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In my younger days I collected anything and everything. You should have seen my junk metal collection, including a half-inch thick industrial screw.

And from experience, I KNOW that finaces are not the biggest problem; lack of space is.

Then again, I'm living in a room with TWO brothers. And we all know what a boy's room looks like, eh guys?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.28.2008, 09:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
tiki
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Indeed lol Everything my brother owns anyway is always on the floor.

a half inch screw?! lol.

01.28.2008, 12:47 PM tiki is offline   Profile for tiki Add tiki to your buddy list Homepage of tiki
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I also share a room with my brother, younger, and he leeches off my anime and manga. He tries to watch my new Dvd's before I do and pretends to be a fan in front our family, yet condemns my obsession in front of his friends.

Imbecile!

Speaking of stuff on the floor: A while back I'd placed an order for the entire chobits manga series, a stroke of bad luck meant that the parcel arrived while I was out of town, staying in a uni friends dorm. My brother took it upon himself to open MY parcel and read as much as he could. When I got home the following day I found them strewn over our bedroom floor with a few bent pages, and to top it all off my cat was asleep on volumes 1 and 4.

Brothers........

01.28.2008, 01:11 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
tiki
Tanuki

Cheeky brother lol.

I was watching Mononoke the other day and my brother asked me why I was watching cartoons. Idiot lol.

Siblings don't care for the other ones property.

Lending my sis dvd's to watch u neva get em back the best way to get em back was go round her house and get em back yourself.

01.28.2008, 01:47 PM tiki is offline   Profile for tiki Add tiki to your buddy list Homepage of tiki
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I'm scared to let my sister touch my DVDs, video games, or manga. She'll get finger prints over everything (I'm very much a neat freak like that.. I scream when I see a speck of dust or a finger print on DVDs and video games, even more so on my new laptop)

When I'm not home she'll sneak em. -.- She blames me for her stuff getting ruined. Her manga, I like quite a few series she has myself, but she bends them and lets them get wet and everything. @.@ I take it upon myself to take a few of those poor things from her and rest with mine, then she comes and ruins my special orders I put them on my shelves. -__- *possessive, even with real things..*

Everyone notices the DVD thing. ._. I keep them all in tins and make neat arrangements with the manga on the shelve to represent something. With other materials. Or I'm just odd. o.O

Unfortunately, it is moi who breaks the devices that play my DVDs. Eh heh..

I seriously don't think I have much manga and anime, but I do. @.@

01.28.2008, 03:02 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
tiki
Tanuki

What they like lol. My sister is older and I can't trust her with any of my stuff.

Items are best kept neat.

I'm always adjusting my collection. Dusting, re-arranging etc. I guess it is being quite possessive just can't help it.

I've been spending all day looking for stuff I don't already own. I have so much things in mind I'm waiting for next pay day :-D

tins thats a good idea hmm...

01.28.2008, 03:13 PM tiki is offline   Profile for tiki Add tiki to your buddy list Homepage of tiki
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
[I]Originally posted by tiki [/.

I have a mini Totoro but don't know where to put him hehe. As long with the many kokeshi and hello kitty things I have.

hahaha, I have a Totoro and a Catbus that vibrate when you pull their tails. They are sitting on the shelf above my computer and my oldest local grand-daughter loves Totoro... I even have Totoro tattoo'd on my arm along with a Kodama... I gave her a Totoro coin purse for her birthday. and , yes, I have bought a lot of
Ghibli and have been unable to buy other stuff because of the money factor...

sigh!

03.23.2008, 03:33 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i have the dvd's, the art of porco rosso and a plush toy of totoro and a soot gremlin one..

03.30.2008, 10:09 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahahaha, just thinking about it...

An old guy buying Totoro and Catbus plush toys to display along with his swords, knives and guns....

Am I weird? Yeah, maybe, but I generally love what i do for play...

03.31.2008, 09:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ethanimlynn
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.18.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ethanimlynn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I collect BOOKS!! My favorite author is Diana Wynne Jones and Roald Dahl. I am also in the process of collecting The Pendragon Series, which is 10 books in all, and I've got 7 of them already.

And I also collect movies. Favourite actors is Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks.

I collect cd's too. I used to collect cassettes, but not anymore. I believe someday they are going to be valuble, like the round black plate our grandparents used to play on their gramophone. wat's it's call again?

04.03.2008, 12:14 AM ethanimlynn is offline   Profile for ethanimlynn Add ethanimlynn to your buddy list Send an Email to ethanimlynn
husky51
The Old Guy

Eh? what's that you said? speak loud into my ear-trumpet.... something about round black thingies? oh yeah, wax recording tubes, but that was before my time even, heeheehee...

joking aside, I still have quite a few of those LP's and some smaller 45's... and a record player with cassette and cd player...

04.04.2008, 01:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks