QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli tattoos?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli tattoos? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Torlove89
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.10.10
  Ghibli tattoos?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Torlove89 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone here have any tattoos based off of ghibki movies? I DO

12.10.2010, 04:09 AM Torlove89 is offline   Profile for Torlove89 Add Torlove89 to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pic?

I don't have any tattoos myself.

12.10.2010, 12:50 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Totoro face on my right arm and a Kodama on my left... I think there is a pic in the post a pic of yourself' thread, but I can't seem to locate it...

If nothing wlse, I'll repost them...

When my son was tattooing Totoro's name, I was reading a book and didn't notice until it was too late that he had written it upsidedown... sigh.

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.11.2010, 09:10 PM.

12.11.2010, 09:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Torlove89
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.10.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Torlove89 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thats so funny! I keep trying to post my picture but I don't know how.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGZkkyvnieM

thats me showing it off on youtube

12.11.2010, 11:20 PM Torlove89 is offline   Profile for Torlove89 Add Torlove89 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

take a photo, download to computer, open a Photobucket account and download it there.
then click IMG under your photo and post it in here...

It's what i do...

12.12.2010, 11:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
miyazki_eternal
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.08.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by miyazki_eternal Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

aww husky those pictures are awesome! haha

ghibli tatoos. never gave it thought. i dont even have tatoo's!! great idea though. how meaningful it would be to have a ghibli character on your skin hehehe

12.13.2010, 04:19 AM miyazki_eternal is offline   Profile for miyazki_eternal Add miyazki_eternal to your buddy list
miyazki_eternal
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.08.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by miyazki_eternal Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Torlove89
Thats so funny! I keep trying to post my picture but I don't know how.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGZkkyvnieM

thats me showing it off on youtube

AWESOME!!

the lighting was bad though D:

12.13.2010, 04:21 AM miyazki_eternal is offline   Profile for miyazki_eternal Add miyazki_eternal to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by miyazki_eternal
aww husky those pictures are awesome! haha

ghibli tatoos. never gave it thought. i dont even have tatoo's!! great idea though. how meaningful it would be to have a ghibli character on your skin hehehe

AND!!!

it is amazing how many times someone in a public place has seen and recognized them... Nice conversation starters... Whenever that happens, I always mention the Tavern...

12.13.2010, 12:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
tiki
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.27.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i'm thinking of one. I'm so mad on Ghibli and have tattoos already. I like the kodama one there thats cool. I was thinking of that myself

01.09.2011, 04:04 PM tiki is offline   Profile for tiki Add tiki to your buddy list Homepage of tiki
boycecat
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.05.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by boycecat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello,

This is my first post on here. I have recently had some Ghibli Tattoos done on my arm (i already had one of Jiji)
I am looking to get my whole arm done eventually with Ghibli creatures. I am looking for good pictures to use. I will upload a picture of my tattoos so far when i am home from work.

04.05.2012, 08:29 AM boycecat is offline   Profile for boycecat Add boycecat to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  I was thinking of starting this thread! Glad someone did!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I only have 4 tattoos. A hand sized 3 leaf clover on my shoulder- my daughters (they were born in March) all signed each leaf and they were tattooed in, a large cherry blossom branch on my right calf, a smiling sun and moon on my back w/ some filigree around them (my 1st 1) and my favorite so far the original Betty Boop and Pudgy straight from the 1939 cartoon titled Musical Mountaineers. I have a large one draw up though and I just haven't had it inked yet. My artistic daughters drew it for me. It will have a large faded oval type outline as if it were in a oval picture frame and incorporate some of favorite things...Black Sabbath song "Faries Wear Boots" if you know the song then you'll know what I'm talking about-the fairy in boots looks like Sofie from Howls Moving Castle and she is dancing with Kermit the frog (I♥muppets), there is a weeping willow in the background and a toadstool that looks like the one from the 1980's movie Troll. I can't wait till I actually get it done! My mom does tattoos, my dad is just covered in them. He was her guinea pig, so he has some crappy ones from her early days and some beauties too. LOL The best ones are on his forearms- an eagle w/ the American flag in the background and big scorpion w/ the Earth on it's body-I think it was from Heavy Metal Mag?
Anywhos- I like tattoos...

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

04.05.2012, 10:01 AM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
boycecat
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.05.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by boycecat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I cant seem to post a file with out some sort of photo holding website account.

Post last edited by boycecat on 04.05.2012, 11:25 AM.

04.05.2012, 11:24 AM boycecat is offline   Profile for boycecat Add boycecat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I use photobucket, pretty happy with them...
----------------------------------------
@mokiepoet:
My oldest son did mine. he used to do it on the side until people would get him to draw up the designs, spending quite a bit of time on them and then change their minds... I'm trying to get him to do a 'Sumomo' from the Chobits anime... Doesn't help that we live in different cities now...

04.05.2012, 12:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, it may seem wierd, but mom does it as a hobby. My brother is covered in them too! He has a Japanese Girl holding a fan, sitting on a round bell thats really pretty, but he got in a bit trouble at work (Army) because her dress is really short and his t-shirt sleeve doesn't come down far enough to cover her up. I think it's very tasteful, but to each thier own.

@Husky, is that a real snake on the floor in your 2nd pic?

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

Post last edited by Mokiepoet on 04.05.2012, 06:16 PM.

04.05.2012, 06:14 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, in that particular case, no, but I have had them in my house before... thankfully it was only a Gophersnake...

You want to see pics of me with snakes, check out p.80 in the photo thread...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.06.2012, 06:16 AM.

04.06.2012, 06:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Do ye get many snakes where you are husky?

04.10.2012, 08:40 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

I killed a rattler about a block from my house and I live near the foothills of a mountain which is a natural habitat for them. Before I picked up the snake from inside my house, I looked very carefully to be sure that it wasn't a rattler. I am quite familar with snakes in general and have caught and eaten them over the years... I only ate the ratlers, the others I generally released after playing with them for awhile, sometimes being bitten in the process.

04.11.2012, 02:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

OOps, doubled by mistake...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.11.2012, 03:00 AM.

04.11.2012, 02:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I killed a rattler about a block from my house and I live near the foothills of a mountain which is a natural habitat for them. Before I picked up the snake from inside my house, I looked very carefully to be sure that it wasn't a rattler. I am quite familar with snakes in general and have caught and eaten them over the years... I only ate the ratlers, the others I generally released after playing with them for awhile, sometimes being bitten in the process.

Whoah, i'm lucky if i see a spider every now and then.... You sound like Bear Grylls, eating snakes and playing with them

04.11.2012, 08:05 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would love to get a Studio Ghibli tattoo. I would get the Studio Ghibli logo on my arm like this:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs42/i/2009/1...shesrequiem.jpg

There's just one problem: I have a low tolerance for pain. I'm just too scared. I would get piercing any day. I have some already. A tattoo would hurt way more, though. Unless you pierce your eyelids or something....

04.11.2012, 10:23 PM  
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks