QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Random Trivia
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Random Trivia » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Random TriviaPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you find out anything interesting, hilarious, or just plain weird, any knowledge that might come in handy one day but is really pretty useless, post it here!

Here's mine:
You know the flavours that the tastebuds on the tongue relate to? (salty, sweet, sour, bitter)
Well, there's also a fifth flavour: umami (possibly umame, I dunno how to spell it) which the savoury taste that you get in things like soy sauce.
Everybody go tell that to random people please.

09.19.2006, 12:39 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The world's smallest boy is only 50cm tall, he's 14! The Russian hammer throw record holder, Olga Kuzenkova, (I think that's right!?) can thrown this boy's weight (or the boy himself) 75m!!

Another piece of useless info for you all...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

09.19.2006, 03:10 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Donald Duck actually has a middle name not many people know of. Its Fauntleroy!!! BEAT THAT

Or this.. Cats have 32 muscles in each ear and Rats cannot throw up.. (not as good as donald duck though )

09.19.2006, 04:04 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well, i cant beat it but i can add tot he topic of random trivia,

i love sports so thats what it is about.

The game of curling originaled in scotland over 500 years ago, immigrants to canada brought it with them.

the granite usued for curling rocks is running out because there was only one known mine and the mine is in scottland and it is drying up, the standard curling rock weighs 60.2 pounds.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

09.19.2006, 04:14 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Endless Twilight
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Endless Twilight Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's limestone in glass.

09.19.2006, 04:20 PM Endless Twilight is offline   Profile for Endless Twilight Add Endless Twilight to your buddy list Send an Email to Endless Twilight Homepage of Endless Twilight
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't like soy sauce.

There are 4 states of matter. The fourth is plasma. Still haven't figured out what it is, though.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.20.2006, 05:32 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here's a random fact:

I like cheese.

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

09.20.2006, 09:34 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There aren't five senses: there are between 10 and 20 (or between 20 and 30, I'm not sure which)
Other than the five we normally think of, they all have ridiculously long names that seem totally unnecessary.

09.20.2006, 12:19 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
RealityBites
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.18.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by RealityBites Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

did you know sharks drown if they stop swimming so they have to swim in their sleep

09.20.2006, 12:22 PM RealityBites is offline   Profile for RealityBites Add RealityBites to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know how the band City and Colour got its name.
i m not saying right away, but i recommend them to everyone, they rock.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

09.20.2006, 03:33 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by RealityBites
did you know sharks drown if they stop swimming so they have to swim in their sleep

Bzzzt, wrong. Sharks are pretty much one of the very few creatures who never need to rest.

And the only problem with their body is that they can't forcefully gulp in water to breathe, hence the need to swim. But other sharks like the nurse shark can remain immobile, because they live in waters that have strong enough currents to pass through their gills without them moving. These are called sleeper sharks, but like all other sharks, they don't sleep nor need to rest either.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.20.2006, 11:12 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HOLY MOLY... this is getting scary!!! This Roarkiller guy knows weigh too much bout everything!! Maybe he´s some professor whos like 96 and had loads of surgery to look like hes 20 ..
Thats the only explanation I can come up with

09.21.2006, 03:19 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Howmany
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ok useless facts eh well mine is that there are 11 dimensions (up,down,left,right,time) are the four we know of any suggestions for the others ?

09.21.2006, 10:04 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One of the most random facts I have ever come up with!

Even though he wears dark glasses, Porco Rosso's eye/s are seen 3 TIMES DUN DUN DUUUUN

Proof:

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

09.21.2006, 10:56 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by RealityBites

Bzzzt, wrong. Sharks are pretty much one of the very few creatures who never need to rest.

And the only problem with their body is that they can't forcefully gulp in water to breathe, hence the need to swim. But other sharks like the nurse shark can remain immobile, because they live in waters that have strong enough currents to pass through their gills without them moving. These are called sleeper sharks, but like all other sharks, they don't sleep nor need to rest either.

I think I also heard somewhere that generally fish drown if they go backwards, because the water goes straight into their gills without being filtered. I don't know if this is true or not though.

09.21.2006, 11:51 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

here's a very random fact about moi.

i lied to a squirrle because the voices told me to lol.

try yours lol.

b-day month
January-----------i married
Febuary-----------i FOUND
March--------------i kissed
April--------------- i bitch slapped
May----------------i screwed
June---------------i stole from
July----------------i killed
August------------i lied to
September-------i choked
October---------- i ate
November------- i watched
December--------i spanked

- DAY [NUMBER] YOU WERE B0RN 0N =]
1-------a spork
2-------my best friends boyfriend/girlfriend
3------- myself
4-------a football player
5-------a hobo
6------- some little bitch
7-------you
8------- my dog
9-------a lawn gnome
10-------a banana
11-------a monkey
12-------my neighbor
13-------an ipod
14-------my TRUE love
15-------a goat
16-------a pickle
17-------bigfoot
18------- a noodle
19-------a fireman
20-------a mexican
21-------a spoon
22-------you
23-------my friends pants
24-------a gangster
25-------my science teacher
26-------a ninja
27------- your mom
28-------A SANDWICH
29-------1000 high school guys
30-------a squirrel
31-------my uncle

- C0L0R OF Y0UR SHiRT ;]
White------- Because i keep it gangsta
Black--------Because dat bitch took my taco
Pink---------Because im in love
Red----------Because the voices told me to.
Blue----------Because thats how i roll
Green--------Because I hate myself.
Purple--------Because i can
Gray---------- Because im sexy and i do what i want.
Yellow--------Because someone offered me 1,000,000 dollars
Orange----Because i hate my family.
None-------Beca i was higuseh
maroon-----Because i was drunk.
teal-----cuz they were illegal
Brown-----Because im emo
Caramel----cuz Charlie told me too.
Striped------cuz ur mom said so
black..pink----Because i am kool like that
bra-----cuz im to kool for tv
bathing suit----- cuz im so sexy and i freak like no otheri bitched slapped

09.21.2006, 01:22 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

WOOHO...
I FOUND A GOAT BECAUSE I KEEP IT GANGTSA!!!

Btw, i live on Lanzarote, canary Islands, spain, and theres quite a few goats round here. In fact, a goat herd walks around our house every morning.. the goats´bells wake me up!!!

Well whoever was born on May 29th and has a purple shirtis in trouble...

I screwed 1000 highschool guys because i can!!! WOOT

09.21.2006, 01:51 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I stole from a banana because Charlie told me to.

Wait a minute... I know a bloke called Charlie...

He's been sending me subliminal messages again...

09.21.2006, 01:59 PM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I've done something like this before.
Anyway, apparently...
I kissed some little bitch because I'm sexy and I do what I want.

09.21.2006, 03:20 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I heard once that there are more tigers in Texas than in the rest of the world...

Charlie Chaplin once lost a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.

And it would seem that I spanked a gangsta because I hate myself...

09.21.2006, 09:19 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks