QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Whats your favourite type of music?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Whats your favourite type of music? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: Whats your favourite type of music?
Rock
Proggressive rock
Rap
Classical
Dance
Pop
Results
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4    »  ]
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
Whats your favourite type of music?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just wondering what music you guys/gals like and feel free to say what bands you like aswell.
My favourite music type is proggressive rock and my favourite band include-
TOOL, APC, (OLD) METALLICA, DREAM THEATER, ICE AGE, DIRE STRAITS, R.E.M, PHIL COLLINS, TEARS FOR FEARS, LIQUID TENSION EXPERIEMENT, MARILLION, THE POLICE, U2, SPOCK'S BEARD, VAN HALEN, (OLD) DROWNING POOL, STAIND, EXPLORERS CLUB, PLANET X, PORCUPINE TREE, COLDPLAY, I ALSO ENJOY LOTS OF THOSE ONE HIT WONDER BANDS FROM THE 80'S AHH THE EIGHTIES THE ONLY DECADE THT POP WAS LISTENABLE, MIKE PORTNOY AND DANNY CAREY ARE TWO OF THE BEST DRUMMERS ALIVE! 8]

Post last edited by Toolfan1912 on 06.22.2006, 08:56 AM.

06.22.2006, 08:54 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love J-Pop, fave band is PlusTech Squeezebox. There's another Japanese band that kick a$$ called Mad Capsule Markets, album is called Osc-Dis, I guess you'd call it digital-hardcore-thrash-punk-pop! It's one of the best albums ever!
Love Weird Al Yankovic and Tenacious D, any music by Trey Parker and Matt Stone ('The Most Offensive Song Ever' off the 'Mr.Hankey's Christmas Classics' album is one of the best songs ever!)...I'm a HUGE fan of comedy music! Big fan of bouncy punky stuff like New Found Glory and Less Then Jake!
Love swing, Frank Sinatra, etc, and 60's music is awesome, fave song ever is 'Paint It Black' by the Rolling Stones, The Beatles are the best band ever! Bluegrass is pretty cool. As for recent albums, I like Jack Johnson and Madeline Peroux (I must be getting old!)
I also like ska and two-tone (the old stuff, not the new stuff), metal (the new stuff, not the old stuff), love classical music and opera, and the film scores of Joe Hisaishi (not just his Ghibli work)!
I HATE dance music (as we get it in the UK), also HATE rap and R'n'B! Rubbish!!
As you can see, I've got pretty eclectic tastes, but am really not a fan of modern music, give me the oldies any day...when people wrote real songs with real tunes!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.22.2006, 09:55 AM.

06.22.2006, 09:45 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i likejrock bands like miyavi,dir en gey, malice mizer, gackt, alice nine, x japan, gazzete, white berry, t.m revolution, hyde.

I like other bands such as ramstein, night wish, blind guardian, iron maiden, korn, offspring, scorpions, i dont mind some rap but i hate hip hop, deep purple, ghibli music, jack johnson, the older songs of red hot chili pappers, nofx, sonic boom six, david bowie, abit of nirvana, corpes bride/nightmare before christmas music, kill bill 1 sound track cd. ect...... to many to write and remember lol

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

06.22.2006, 09:55 AM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's only one band that I really, really like, and that's Coldplay

My favourite animé music was "melissa" ~ the openeing theme from Full Metal Alchemist. But when I found the 'merry-go-round of life' from howls' moving castle on this site, I feel back in love with it... What an amzing song, not even Coldplay can compete with it...

Out of the vote options, would you say Coldplay is 'progressive rock'?

I like the odd songs from a wide variety of other bands, but I won't post them all here. I'm not a fan of rap or R&B either, like SpiritedSen... sorry thug!

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.22.2006, 03:46 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

DISCO INFERNO (gotta love those bell bottoms)!!! 8]
Actually back in high school (mid '80's) was Judas Priest and Black Sabbath (especially with Dio), then started opening up to Jazz and rithm and blues, then classical, then musicians from my homecountry Brazil (not too many of you would know them though!), but always the Beatles, 70's Elton John, classic Rolling Stones, Supertramp, Electric Light Orchestra, many of the classic 80's songs, and 70's disco (especially nowadays!). I guess I could listen to anything depending on the mood I'm in (not much into rap though, sorry!)
Favorite Ghibli tune (so far!) is Howl's theme

Post last edited by aviator on 06.23.2006, 03:14 AM.

06.23.2006, 02:33 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra
There's only one band that I really, really like, and that's Coldplay

My favourite animé music was "melissa" ~ the openeing theme from Full Metal Alchemist. But when I found the 'merry-go-round of life' from howls' moving castle on this site, I feel back in love with it... What an amzing song, not even Coldplay can compete with it...

Out of the vote options, would you say Coldplay is 'progressive rock'?

I like the odd songs from a wide variety of other bands, but I won't post them all here. I'm not a fan of rap or R&B either, like SpiritedSen... sorry thug!

Not too sure whether they're prog, but they do have some element's of prog but i have to say theyre alternative indie and personally im a big fan of them aswell.

06.23.2006, 04:39 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by aviator
DISCO INFERNO (gotta love those bell bottoms)!!! 8]
Actually back in high school (mid '80's) was Judas Priest and Black Sabbath (especially with Dio), then started opening up to Jazz and rithm and blues, then classical, then musicians from my homecountry Brazil (not too many of you would know them though!), but always the Beatles, 70's Elton John, classic Rolling Stones, Supertramp, Electric Light Orchestra, many of the classic 80's songs, and 70's disco (especially nowadays!). I guess I could listen to anything depending on the mood I'm in (not much into rap though, sorry!)
Favorite Ghibli tune (so far!) is Howl's theme

Hey you should take a listen to Dream Theater some time man, they mix jazz, classical, metal basically crazy mix, but i think you might like some of there tunes i'll give you a link to a sight where you can check out some of there tunes-
-http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_...asp?band_id=378

06.23.2006, 04:44 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like just about any kind of rock. There are certain groups that I really like--even though I might not listen to them much anymore.

- Grateful Dead ("Morning Dew" "New, New Minglewood Blues" )
- Moby Grape ("Three-Four" is my all-time favorite song)
- Garo (J-Folk) (Loved 学生街の喫茶店)
- Every Little Thing (J-Pop) ("Time Goes By" -- Great video!)
- Metallica ("Unforgiven" )

Of course, I really like the Ghibli songs--whether or not Joe Hisaishi did them.

06.23.2006, 07:59 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
aviator
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

[/QUOTE]
Hey you should take a listen to Dream Theater some time man, they mix jazz, classical, metal basically crazy mix, but i think you might like some of there tunes i'll give you a link to a sight where you can check out some of there tunes-
-http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_...asp?band_id=378
[/QUOTE]

Wow, very original metal sound! Seems like metal has come a long way since my days! thanks for these very cool tips! I'll definitely be exploring more of this site

06.24.2006, 02:21 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Wow, very original metal sound! Seems like metal has come a long way since my days! thanks for these very cool tips! I'll definitely be exploring more of this site
[/QUOTE]

Your welcome enjoy.

06.24.2006, 05:32 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

RAAAAAAAAAP man, defineately rap, hip hop, hate r&b, like a bit of metal & rock, Linkin Park, Guns & Roses, Korn, Bob Marley, Cypress Hill, Twista, 2pac, D.O.C., Nate Dog, Eminem, Daz Dellinger, the Pharcyde, couple others

cheers

06.24.2006, 09:41 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

quote:
Originally posted by I-B4-E THUG
RAAAAAAAAAP man, defineately rap, hip hop, hate r&b, like a bit of metal & rock, Linkin Park, Guns & Roses, Korn, Bob Marley, Cypress Hill, Twista, 2pac, D.O.C., Nate Dog, Eminem, Daz Dellinger, the Pharcyde, couple others

cheers

One of my (pilot) students plays hip hop when I'm in his car on our way to the plane, and for some reason I start dancing to it, don' ask me why!!! this student has such a friendly outgoing personality that probably rubs on his music tastes (personally I think he has a microwave brainwashing machine in the glove comartment) !!!

06.25.2006, 01:39 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^^^^^^^^^ lol you don't need a microwave brainwashing machine in the glove comartment when youve got a good beat lol

& has anyone hear heard of the Hilltop Hoods? Australian Rap

cheers

Post last edited by I-B4-E THUG on 06.27.2006, 05:20 AM.

06.27.2006, 05:19 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Well seeing as we have gotten some new memebers on the site i thought id resurect this thread and bring it back to the front page for some more hits.

07.17.2006, 02:33 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i like some pop, soft rock, love ballads, some classical and some metal.

07.17.2006, 02:36 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Good wide varitey yah have there, what bands are yah into at the moment?

07.17.2006, 02:42 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

temposhark, cold play, darren hayes, meat loaf, queen and savage garden. Alot of the old stuff.

07.17.2006, 02:44 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

quote:
Originally posted by Howell
temposhark, cold play, darren hayes, meat loaf, queen and savage garden. Alot of the old stuff.

Cool and another Coldplay on the forum, thats good to see.

07.17.2006, 02:48 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i listen to pretty much anything.. beatles, johnny cash,
rolling stones, maaya sakamoto, yoko kano, sex pistols,
nelly furtado, dir en grey, bob marley, bob dylan, smashing pumpkins, jethro tull, the used, judas priest...

07.18.2006, 01:27 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Yet another Patented THREAD RESURECTIONS!!!MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

muahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa....................................*falls back off chair and collapes onto the floor*........

08.22.2006, 05:17 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
[  1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks