QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Awesomeness - Musicals
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Awesomeness - Musicals » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.02.09
  Awesomeness - MusicalsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by reecetard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im just back from London, a 3 day school trip.

We shopped, we ate, we rode the london eye, we had performance workshops. WE SAW THREE MUSICALS.

Mama mia= Really fun and lively

Hairspray= OMG MICHEAL BALL, COLOURFUL AMAZING

Billy Eliot= IVE NEVER SEEN SOMETHING SO EXCELLENT IN MY LIFE, ITS AMAZING AND ITS A MUST SEE WESTEND MUSICAL.

Any others have opinions on musicals ? (Westend and/or films)

Wicked= also fantastic

I thought this deserved a thread as it rocked.
x

~ No matter how many weapons you may have ~
~ No matter how great your technology may be ~
~ The world cannot live without love ~

06.26.2009, 07:38 PM reecetard is offline   Profile for reecetard Add reecetard to your buddy list Homepage of reecetard
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I went on a trip to London last year with my school. We went to see les miserables which was VERY good. It did drag on a little bit towards the end, but that's probably because that was the first time I've sat through a 2hr+ performance. The music was definitely my favourite thing about it because it was so powerful and great to listen to.

I also went on another trip to London last year and we went to see Blood Brothers, but that one wasn't in the west end. It was still very good, and I liked how it had some humour in it as well.

06.27.2009, 04:59 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Les Miserables is just an amazing story. I really want to see it live, but I haven't had the chance. I'm jealous!

I haven't seen Wicked, but I've heard the soundtrack numerous times. It has fantastic lyrics. I saw the movie Hairspray and liked it a lot.

I was in Annie, Fiddler on the Roof, and Oklahoma. Oklahoma isn't really that great, but it was pretty much the first musical ever, so I guess it's historically significant. Annie and Fiddler are both pretty good, although the movie version of Annie is kind of atrocious.

06.27.2009, 11:19 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen quite a few West End Musicals over the years.

The last one I saw was 'We will rock you', it was brilliant, with great audience participation, clapping along to Queen's legendary songs!

06.27.2009, 04:08 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
matthew.
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.21.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by matthew. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My ex girlfriend took me too london to see lord of the rings at the theatre, and it literally blew me away!
(the shall not pass bit) =]
I cannot think of a time I have enjoyed something so much at a theatre.

06.28.2009, 03:56 PM matthew. is offline   Profile for matthew. Add matthew. to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@matthew
HAHA, "You shall not pass" is like... part of my daily life. I use that quote in everyday conversation.

As for musicals, I've only seen a few, but I LOVE them. The Music Man is one of mah favorites. ^^

07.27.2009, 03:59 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by matthew.
My ex girlfriend took me too london to see lord of the rings at the theatre, and it literally blew me away!
(the shall not pass bit) =]
I cannot think of a time I have enjoyed something so much at a theatre.

Woo!! I've seen that too! Really stunning effects and songs...the only thing that annoyed me was their insistence on giving every hobbit a fake west country accent..oh well

Clicky

08.05.2009, 04:59 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
ja
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.14.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ja Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favorite musical is "Fiddler on the Roof "
I really recommend it! excellent music! And dancing with bottles is great!

Why so much stress?
Don't you have gains to get?
We all do, even you!
And the more you seek
The more you find, then
Love, night and rain - life is good
So try to luck and kill the pain
Tell me, do you always think you have no worth?
Find it in yourself!

05.29.2011, 08:04 AM ja is offline   Profile for ja Add ja to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

depends on what WAS in the bottles.... lol

just joking.... lol

but couldn't resist...

05.29.2011, 10:36 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
although the movie version of Annie is kind of atrocious.

Punjab makes it awesome!

lol jk

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 05.29.2011, 04:21 PM.

05.29.2011, 04:21 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
ja
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.14.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ja Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
depends on what WAS in the bottles.... lol

just joking.... lol

but couldn't resist...

there is nothing to be surprised the more so as they danced at the wedding xD

Why so much stress?
Don't you have gains to get?
We all do, even you!
And the more you seek
The more you find, then
Love, night and rain - life is good
So try to luck and kill the pain
Tell me, do you always think you have no worth?
Find it in yourself!

Post last edited by ja on 05.29.2011, 06:33 PM.

05.29.2011, 06:29 PM ja is offline   Profile for ja Add ja to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm seeing Wicked soon! I love this story and what I've heard of the music. Can't wait!

06.03.2011, 01:32 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks