QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The Video Game Thread.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » The Video Game Thread. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4    »  ]
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  The Video Game Thread.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, as requested by Saddles, here's the video game thread for everyone to frolic in.

I loves my Final Fantasy's. Ever since I got my hands on FF9 back in the day. My greatest achievements so far are killing half the Dark-Aeons in FF10, whilst getting max stats on four characters. FF12 is brilliant to, and I'm totally going to abuse that over Christmas.

Unreal Tournament i love as well, I just wish I had the comp to run the new one.

12.12.2007, 07:42 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oops, now we have two. My bad!

Perhaps our new Super Mario Adminstrator can come along and remove one of them?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.12.2007, 09:14 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
frigidchill
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

See what happens when you suggest threads? People with nothing better to do, or with something really important to do but don't want to do it, will jump at the chance!

12.12.2007, 09:19 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lets just use this one.
YOu did open iit a few minutes before me....

Heres a copy and paste of my stuff in the other thread.

Im currently playing Mario Galaxy on my Wii and Super Mario Bros 3 on its Virtual Console. Both absolutely brilliant.
Lately Ive been spending my lunchtimes playing an hour or two of the MMORPG Guild Wars, which I absolutely love and got back into after not playing for nearly a year. Its a really fun game.
However, my PCs been freaking out a lot lately (maybe a virus! :S) so I cant play that atm.

I really want to play Mass effect (Ive bought it and am waiting for the Christmas season), Devil May Cry 4, Smash Bros, Burnout Paradise (looks incredible!), and Zack and Wiki.
MGS4 aswell, but i don have a PS3.

12.12.2007, 09:55 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
frigidchill
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Lately Ive been spending my lunchtimes playing an hour or two of the MMORPG Guild Wars, which I absolutely love and got back into after not playing for nearly a year. Its a really fun game.

I'll be honest now, Guildwars took 2/3 years of my life, it's a brilliant game but I had to quit, me and my friends spent so much time on it we kind of burned out. I'm waiting patiently for GW2 to come out!

12.12.2007, 10:00 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, PC games have passed me by, they never did appeal to me. Its nice to read about others enthusiasm though.

I watched some friends playing a MMPORPG once and didn't like it at all, there was so little realism and character development and everything was fast and furious and the language was terrible! No-one was in character, it felt like a bunch of brats squabbling...

Post last edited by Maho_Fushida on 12.12.2007, 10:54 AM.

12.12.2007, 10:12 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The most gaming fun I've ever had apart from one particular simulator was a WWI aviation game called Red Baron, a good few years old now and you could only do MP over a LAN so we would do a few weekends round each others houses, take our PCs, network them up with cables all over the place, live on beer and pizza for 48 hours and have a blast, dogfighting over the trenches until 3 and 4 am. Great fun.

I'm currently waiting for "Empire : Total War" to come out. It'll be set between the years 1700 to the early 1800s (so the Age of Reason - Marlborough, Frederick the Great and Napoleon) which is my favourite era of military history.

http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=...mp;nav=/en/6/8/

12.12.2007, 10:16 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by frigidchill
quote:

I'll be honest now, Guildwars took 2/3 years of my life, it's a brilliant game but I had to quit, me and my friends spent so much time on it we kind of burned out. I'm waiting patiently for GW2 to come out!

Same here, but a friend started it and asked me to help him out and I got drawn in again.
THe music, my pet bear "Big Smoke", the community feeling.... I love it.
And there are many places I hadnt been to yet, such as Underworld and the Temple of the Ages. I was thinking about buying expansion packs aswell as I love it so much again, but have a lot to do atm so Im waiting for some free time first.
We should meet up in Guild Wars.
Would be fun.

What class were you anyway, and which campaign did oyu play?
Prophecies?

And I cant wait for GW2 either. WE should sign up for the beta in Fall 2008-.

12.12.2007, 10:28 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I own a PS2 and PS3.
Right now I'm really addicted to playing Call Of Duty 4

12.12.2007, 10:37 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
frigidchill
Totoro

quote:
Prophecies?

I was primarily a Ranger, 'cause they are just awesome. But I also had a decent Monk and Warrior. I had all the campaigns, it just the expansion back I didn't get. (Well, can't now!)

It depends if i have a reasonable comp at that point. But damn I hope so!

12.12.2007, 11:13 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favorite games are RPG's and fighting games.

(though not of the MMO variety)

Zelda Rules
Can't wait for Soul Calibur IV and Smash Bros.

Currently working on:

Odin Sphere
Kingdom Hearts I
Okami
Zelda Windwaker
Eternal Sonata

Considering that I play one of them about once every other week, I probably won't finish half of them by 2009.

I don't really play computer games. Played gunbound for a while years ago though. I also bought Oblivion for PC before I had a 360. Oh yeah, and starcraft forever ago. I suppose I do play some computer games.

I hate guitar hero! I've lost so much sleep over that game. And not because I was playing it, cause as I mentioned, I hate it. It's sooooooooooo boring, and not to mention ugly. Other people would play it and keep me up.

@Saddles: That dogfight game sounds really fun. The only one I've ever played would be starfox 64, which wasn't that great (In multiplayer).

12.12.2007, 11:46 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

quote:
quote:
Prophecies?

I was primarily a Ranger, 'cause they are just awesome. But I also had a decent Monk and Warrior. I had all the campaigns, it just the expansion back I didn't get. (Well, can't now!)

Im just a Ranger.
Love being a ranger, getting elite skills, buying new bows (Dragos Flatbow is the shit)
I havent got nightfall or Factions but I feel like getting them sometime before GW2 comes out. Maybe after the holidays.
Before we populate this thread with conversations on a game only we 2 have played we could take this to PM level.
PM me aswell if you want to meet up in GW, or give amazing items to me...

I also Love Zelda and Smashbros.
And mario Kart.
Smashbros and Mariokart are the best multiplayer games ever.

12.12.2007, 11:59 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji
Okami

Oh yes.

I like various types of games, but in any genre I like those that do things particularly well or just differently. As with films, etc.

In particular, I enjoy RPGs, but I can be interested in anything with an intriguing plot or especially enjoyable gameplay; for example, I love the action of the Metal Gear Solid series because it's so well-delivered with the storyline and on the other hand I think TimeSplitters is great just because it's mindless fun.

Just to be a bit less vague, here's a list of games/series which I particularly like:
Final Fantasy
Okami
TimeSplitters
Metal Gear Solid
Zone of the Enders
Ratchet and Clank
Pokemon
Soul Calibur
Street Fighter
Katamari
Lego Star Wars
Burnout
Monkey Island

If there's anything else I feel I should add, then I'll do so when I think of it.

12.12.2007, 12:10 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, this is a good thread to update a long lost one.

Well, I still need to update my consoles, I still have an xbox and ps2. I do have a ps1 emulator along with MAME and NeoGeo. Oh, and a genesis and snes ones as well. So Ive been around a bit.
I might get a PS3 boxing day, or i might get new curling shoes it is a toss-up.
I think Assassins Creed looks ridiculous, so that is on the wish list. I would also probably get the new Ratchet and Clank, the first 4 were really good. I am a burnout addict. On Burnout 3, I recorded 92 takedowns in one shot, so Paradise is right up my alley.

I like grid strategy games as well. Currently I am playing Front Mission 3, FF Tactics Advance (eagerly awaiting the sequel on the DS) Beat Front Missions 1 and 4.

I love me sports games as well, Madden, NHL 08, etc.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

12.12.2007, 12:29 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love Okami so much, it's just so cool! I didn't know it so well known...

And I really like the Sly Cooper series too, so fun.

12.12.2007, 12:30 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I LOVE playing syberia (both 1 and 2), the artwork is amazing . Here are a few screenshots:

syberia 1

syberia 2

Post last edited by ..Ayami.. on 12.12.2007, 01:18 PM.

12.12.2007, 01:17 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm about a year behind everyone else but I bought Medieval II Total War recently and installed it today with some custom mods, so I may mess about with that a bit over the Christmas break.

@Seiji, yes that world war one dogfight game was very nice, it had very good graphics for its day, the plane models loked lovely (with some very strange machines) and a very VERY good physics engine so dogfights were realistic in that they tended to always get low and slow, if you manuvered much you lost speed, if you banked too tight you lost altitude, things like that. The speed of the combats was nice and gentle too, you had plenty of time to look around you, but you do need very good 3D spatial awareness to play such games, its amazing how many people will sit in a plane at 5000 feet and just look around them but not above and below...

I tried a Battle of Britain dogfight game too with the same group of friends and I was hopeless at that. With WW1 aircraft flying at 100mph it was easy but Spitfires flying at 350mph it was impossible, it was just like you hear the rookie pilots reports. "I was in formation, we got bounced by a squadrom of enemy, I accelerated banked and climbed and suddenly I was all alone in teh sky and the fight was miles away and 10000 feet below me". Its just like that. Realistic but too frustrating for me.

I also enjoyed playing Age of Sail II online (that's Nelson era wooden walled sailing ship combat) which again is great fun - everything moves ata very slow pace and its all about tactics.

So, as you can see I'm into military strategy games, military simulators, other simulators and occasionally driving games and shooters, but far less shooters these days, in fact none now.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.12.2007, 01:18 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
FF Tactics Advance (eagerly awaiting the sequel on the DS)

It's out, I think. I know the PSP one is out, and it's the same game as far as I'm aware.

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I love Okami so much, it's just so cool! I didn't know it so well known...

Well, it's not really that well known. One of the reasons Clover had to fold was because not enough people bought Okami. And it's such a good game too!

12.12.2007, 01:24 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm trying to find a copy of Okami in my area to no avil. It looked really sweet, the art was mint. And my computer cant run ps2 emulators so i cant even pirate the darn thing.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

12.12.2007, 01:29 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
quote:
quote:
Prophecies?

Im just a Ranger.
Love being a ranger, getting elite skills, buying new bows (Dragos Flatbow is the shit)
I havent got nightfall or Factions but I feel like getting them sometime before GW2 comes out. Maybe after the holidays.
Before we populate this thread with conversations on a game only we 2 have played we could take this to PM level.
PM me aswell if you want to meet up in GW, or give amazing items to me...

I also Love Zelda and Smashbros.
And mario Kart.
Smashbros and Mariokart are the best multiplayer games ever.

Correction....Goldeneye is the best Multiplayer game ever....

12.12.2007, 04:18 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
[  1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks