QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Freaky Coincidences
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Freaky Coincidences » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Freaky CoincidencesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What really freaky coincidences have you come across? I'll start...

Dad and I were wondering what film to watch. Now, seeing as we don't have TV, we have literally hundreds of DVDs and videos to choose from so that we don't get bored. The chances of us picking the same comes to about 600 to 1. But at exactly the same time, we both suggested "The Legend Of Zorro". Wierd.

Another one:

Mum bought me this book that I really didn't want to read, but knew nothing about, called Tunnels. One night, I randomly decide to do some research into albino people. The next night, I start reading the book... and the main character is albino.

My Anime List

10.06.2007, 09:36 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The book I did for my personal study in English (A Long Way Down) mentioned the book we were reading in class (Catcher in the Rye). Then there was a poem on the board, and the first line of it was exactly the same as what someone in A Long Way Down said should be a song title.

10.06.2007, 09:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wrote a 58 chapter fan fiction. In it, during chapter 18 I used the lyrics to a song that became a personal song for my main couple. A friend of mine was sat reading that chapter online and as he got to the scene where the girl sings those song lyrics - on his PC the playlist he was listening to began to play that song.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.06.2007, 09:54 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was at the conservatory one evening.
And when it gets dark, around 7 or 8pm they turn on the lights (theres a window in the roof).
that evening I was sat there arguing with a friend. nothing serious, just joking about.
And I slammed my fist on the table. Hard.
Exactly when the lights went on.
I seriously thought Id turned on the lights for a sacond before I thought realistically.
I even tried smacking again to turn them off.

10.06.2007, 10:06 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

First day at work I experienced Deja Vu over a minute long.

Off-topic, sorry.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.06.2007, 10:28 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i went to tariss' house,and left one of my pencils there.
that night i dreamt alviss from mar came and put it on my bedside table.next morning the pencil was there.
im freaked out.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

10.06.2007, 06:47 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
I was at the conservatory one evening.
And when it gets dark, around 7 or 8pm they turn on the lights (theres a window in the roof).
that evening I was sat there arguing with a friend. nothing serious, just joking about.
And I slammed my fist on the table. Hard.
Exactly when the lights went on.
I seriously thought Id turned on the lights for a sacond before I thought realistically.
I even tried smacking again to turn them off.

Aw good one! Heh, that's cool. I understand why you'd be like: "Did I just...?"

10.07.2007, 06:48 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
First day at work I experienced Deja Vu over a minute long.

Off-topic, sorry.

once again off-topic but, i have this thing occasionally where i have deja vu but my recollection of the memory is either from a dream or a memory of a memory.. its hard to eplain.. but i can relate to how that may have been creepy for you Roarkiller.

Post last edited by T.C. on 10.07.2007, 07:00 AM.

10.07.2007, 06:59 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah.
I know how they say a deja vu is because the mind recognises he image before you process it and it seems like youve seen it before.
But Ive had deja vus where I see something and I realise that exactly thast thing happened in a dream already or some other time.
I know its not just a mind trick.
Always weird when that happens.

10.07.2007, 07:36 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Listening to 'Wish You Were Here' by Pink Floyd, whilst browsing an internet article called 'WORST LYRICS EVAA!' or something like that.

Then the article mentioned the line: "We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl" at the moment it appeared in the song. FREAKY

10.07.2007, 07:41 AM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, they say Deja Vu happens more often to some people. To me, it happens on an alarming regularity, so much so that at one point I couldn't distinguish between thoughts and reality.

But that's a long story for another day.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.07.2007, 10:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love Deja Vu, i get it quite frequently. Ive had instances where I have seen my entire day in a dream, and then relived it out again. Pretty crazy.

I had a weird coincidence, it isnt that weird but.

I was playing Metal Gear Soild 3, and I thought that one of the chicks(EVA) looked alot like one of my friends from curling, as i was thinking this, my phone rang and it was her calling me asking for another friends phone number.

Pretty lame, but it was creepy.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.07.2007, 11:05 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was in history class the other day, and we so happened to be having history in a geography room. In front of the desk I was sitting at, there was a pile of National Geographic magazines. The top one was dated July 1993. The month and year in which I was born...

10.07.2007, 01:21 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This isn't something that happened to me, but my aunt.

Upon visiting her late husband's grave, she encountered a crow sitting on his tombstone with a snake in its mouth. Apparently, my uncle really HATED snakes, and its just weird. o_O Of all graves...And to have a crow with a snake in its mouth on his grave..

10.07.2007, 09:56 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i love freaky occorunces, there so wicked. i love the irony in them. *thinking of example* *thinking hard* i bet i'll remember one tommorow, when it dosnt matter

10.12.2007, 09:41 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

once,i dreamt my best friend died in a plane crash.next morning,says shes going to latvia on a plane.she live,no crash,but still......scared the livin daylights outta me.

11.04.2007, 10:02 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
tariss-of-mar
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tariss-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I´m glad to see you care about me... lol.
I love deja vu!!! It´s really freaky, but it´s also awesome.
Sometimes it can be explained by science, but other times... It´s just supernatural... I hate it if you mention it to someone and they go ¨Yeah, right.¨ And you feel really stupid...

I´m a supporter and user of Ubuntu (Linux)
Open source rules!

11.11.2007, 05:24 AM tariss-of-mar is offline   Profile for tariss-of-mar Add tariss-of-mar to your buddy list
Lupin
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lupin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ahhhh... i love coincidences... if you believe in them.

but one day meanswhile i was in a car driving along, i was looking at the track listing for niel youngs album greatest hits and the last track i looked at was called Harvest Moon, then i looked up and saw a cafe called the 'harvest moon cafe' then when i got home a bit later i switched on the TV and the programme went into the adverts and the advert for the nintendo DS game 'Harvest Moon' came on.

very coincidental indeed

and no i didnt make up a single bit of that.

11.11.2007, 07:25 AM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Two for today:

one, I just made my 666th post here and just as I hit 'post reply', my phone fell off my desk and onto the floor and hit some random keys. I picked it up and it had the numbers '666' on the screen xP

two, I picked up a hold from the library today and I was flipping through it in the car when a piece of paper fell out of it and it was a worksheet, for school I think, and it had the name of my best friend from elementary school on it. Interestingly, I was just thinking about her today. It's not exactly a very common name so...you never know, could be her ^_^

11.25.2007, 03:47 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

this is kind of weird.
once,this uy in class was looking up stds on the internat for homework,and then the coordinater came into the com lab and randomly launched into a sex talk.
like i said..weird.

11.25.2007, 10:32 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
[  1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks