QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Your Usernames
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Your Usernames » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Your UsernamesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So .. I'm just interested .. what do your usernames mean and why did you choose them?

My Anime List

09.09.2007, 05:40 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Frigidchill" comes from the Metallica song Blackened, from the line " Callous frigid chill" back from in my metal days. Basically my mate had a gaming name and I needed a steady one to start gaming. And this one stuck. I've had a lot of good gaming on this name.

09.09.2007, 07:00 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A saddle tank is a type of steam engine, common in Britain in the late 1800s but went out of use mostly by the 1920s. One of my other hobbies is an interest in railway history.

As you can see the tank that holds the water sits over the boiler like a saddle sits on a horse.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.09.2007, 07:22 AM.

09.09.2007, 07:21 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
A saddle tank is a type of steam engine, common in Britain in the late 1800s but went out of use mostly by the 1920s. One of my other hobbies is an interest in railway history.

Yes I was particularly curious about your name. Interesting.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 09.09.2007, 08:44 AM.

09.09.2007, 08:43 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its an acronym.

09.09.2007, 08:52 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
Its an acronym.

Just gonna leave us all in suspense huh?

My Anime List

09.09.2007, 08:57 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
Originally posted by JRR
Its an acronym.

Just gonna leave us all in suspense huh?

I bet it's Jovial Roosters Roost.

Yea, that sounds completely logical.

09.09.2007, 08:59 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My name means absolutely nothing, it just came to me one day and I used it ever since. Lots of people seem to confuse it with "the one" thinking I'm a Matrix fan or something.

09.09.2007, 09:19 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Look up "orphic" in the dictionary, then look up "okapi."

And no, I did not come up with my name while under the influence of illegal substances, as convincing as that theory may seem.

09.09.2007, 09:22 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah.
Im gonna leave it at that. Some people know part of the acronym.
Only one knows it all.
The mighty Saddletank.

Its actually Jenga Raving Rabbit.

09.09.2007, 09:41 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Jehovah Rules Reykyavik

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.09.2007, 09:51 AM.

09.09.2007, 09:50 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Chef
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chef Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I named a random cat Chef because he just looked like the epitome of one to me for some odd reason.

Everyone else I knew thought it was a really dumb name, but I became rather attached to him and would call him that anyway when no one was in earshot.

I ended up having to get rid of him unwillingly, and I decided to pick his name for this forum.

09.09.2007, 10:16 AM Chef is offline   Profile for Chef Add Chef to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i was really into mononoke at the time, i watched it everyday for a week i think, and san was awesome, so i decided i was her #1 fan. if i could change my name i probably would.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

09.09.2007, 10:29 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Jehovah Rules Reykyavik

Ahhh... I always wondered about the J.

Mine should be easy to guess.

09.09.2007, 02:20 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HSA stands for 'Home Slice Alliance' a clan i belong to, and Moro, should be somewhat straight forward

09.09.2007, 02:43 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mushka is a nickname that my grandmother gave me when I was little. I picked it for the forum because it was a softening of "Muska", for that Ghibli connection.

09.09.2007, 02:46 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
Mushka is a nickname that my grandmother gave me when I was little. I picked it for the forum because it was a softening of "Muska", for that Ghibli connection.

Yeah I remembered your name when I watched Laputa for the first time yesterday. I wasn't sure if it was a completely direct connection to Muska or a wierd coincidence. The latter it seems.

My Anime List

09.09.2007, 02:53 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ha, I always assumed it was Mushka as in a spelling variant of the Ghibli character. I did wonder why a person would have a username named after a power crazed paedophile murdering psycopath but I was too polite to ask.

I'm so glad the name is a co-incidence though... I feel much better now.

09.09.2007, 04:23 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha... yes, sorry for the confusion. I suppose I should have made it clear sooner. Good thing this thread came up, I guess

09.09.2007, 04:25 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Toolfan1912 explained:

Toolfan= Well that because I'm a fan of the Band Tool

1912= Well I just put that on as a random thing....

09.09.2007, 05:41 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks