QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The world is gonna end !!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » The world is gonna end !!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Howmany
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.06
  The world is gonna end !!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yo hi there if the world was gonna end for sure no way to stop it and the governments knew a month in advance would you want them to tell you ?
or would you prefer not to know ?

Post last edited by Howmany on 12.01.2006, 12:18 PM.

12.01.2006, 12:18 PM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

id want to know so i know to do stuff i wouldent do usually, like bungijump lol but i supose there is no way id want to be told because it would cause panic an stuff quite a tricky one really

12.01.2006, 12:23 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i would like to know too. i might panic but at least i would know what's going on..

12.01.2006, 12:54 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
If it was everyone knows or no-one knows.. better that noone knows..
however, if I had the chance to know, and they wouldnt tell everyone, I would want to know..
to do things like sky diving etc..

12.01.2006, 04:36 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd like to know if the world was about to end, lots of things to do before i die, although i think if they did tell people the whole world would descend into global chaos with rioting.

12.01.2006, 04:37 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i agree there if people knew they would go crazy remember y2k?

12.01.2006, 06:10 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That is a pretty funny notion. If you told everybody that the world was going to end, and they believed you, then it probably would end just because of the "global chaos" that would follow.

12.02.2006, 01:07 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

if the gov new the world was gonna end they wuldnt
say shit. theyd fix it and tell us then lol

cheers

12.02.2006, 08:13 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That'll be the same as asking "if god knew when we will die, will you want to be told or not?"

Obviously we do, but obvioulsly god ain't gonna tell us (usually). Good governments follow the word of god; bad governments do as they please.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.03.2006, 09:15 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Howmany
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by I-B4-E THUG
if the gov new the world was gonna end they wuldnt
say shit. theyd fix it and tell us then lol
cheers

its just a physcological test my friend said that most people would rather not know because knowing would mean that you would have to deal with it.

the government would not tell us because it would cause global chaos but I said no way to stop it so they could'nt fix it and even if they could they still would not tell us governments treat there citizens like mushrooms
kept in the dark and fed on S**t.

Rorakiller what about secular governments who follow the rule of law? also what about Israel they are follwing there version of thew word of god but im sure the palestienians would ahve a different idea about it.

Post last edited by Howmany on 12.04.2006, 12:39 PM.

12.04.2006, 12:38 PM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
Cujo
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.21.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cujo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd like to know...
Whew, if that happened, people would go crazy...

12.04.2006, 12:42 PM Cujo is offline   Profile for Cujo Add Cujo to your buddy list Send an Email to Cujo
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What I meant is that most general answers and solutions out there (like life or science) can be found in holy books.

Common case scenario my teacher put forwardw as that if we knew when we were gonna die, then we could a) make the most of it, or b) do whatever we please, like (a), except that we also do all the BAD things, like stealing, murder, rape, etc etc, then stop and repent when we know we're gonna die.

Which is convenient bullshit.

The general idea of the time of death being unknown (assuming you're a god-fearing man), is for people to remember that whatever whatever you do you can never be sure if you'll be alive the next moment. So you'll think twice before doing anything bad, because you'll never know if you'll have tomorrow to repent.

So goes the basic idea in a nutshell.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

12.05.2006, 10:20 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Howmany
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well yeah I have to agree the holy books of the world can provide most answers to ethical questions. I dont think that any holy book has any real answers for science physics and the like.
the fact that we dont know when we will die has'nt stopped thousands of people commiting the most heinous of crimes genocide,mass murder if only the basic idea as laid out by Roarkiller worked.

12.05.2006, 11:25 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
Cloud
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would not know it. I would make plans and stuff, but at the end thats all the same,
because I dont believe to a life after that life, so I dont care about the last thing I do.

I luv the susuwatari^^

12.05.2006, 01:53 PM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, my friend told me people in Mexico believed the world would end in 2006, but that obviously never happened. Something to do with the calender..Something..
And in old text books it says the world would end in 2012. So, yeah, I'm freaking out to know if that's true, even this psychic guy on the history channel said he saw the destruction of that in a vision, which some people believed it was the tsunami(New Orleans), terrorists, etc..Stuff that has passed.
AH!! Is that true? Ge, If I knew the world was gonna end, well..OMFG!! OMG!! AHH!!*kills someone*

03.21.2007, 04:50 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
PlasticMedia
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PlasticMedia Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

On the one hand I'd like to know so I could do some stuff I'd never do otherwise. But on the other hand I've always thought it would be nice if it just ended without me knowing it. Figuring out what had happened would be fun and it wouldn't put any undue dread or pressure on me. It would work best if it happened in my sleep and then I'd have to decide if it was a dream or not. But I don't decide those things, so.... I guess I wouldn't really want to know, it just wouldn't matter that much.

03.21.2007, 11:39 PM PlasticMedia is offline   Profile for PlasticMedia Add PlasticMedia to your buddy list Send an Email to PlasticMedia
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Howmany the fact that we dont know when we will die has'nt stopped thousands of people commiting the most heinous of crimes genocide,mass murder if only the basic idea as laid out by Roarkiller worked.

You do realize that most of these people don't believe in god, and even if they do, don't have much faith in what happens AFTER death, which is the whole point. Y'know, day of judgement, heaven and hell, that kind of stuff.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.22.2007, 01:12 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i new the world was gonna end 2morro id suiced 2day.

lol

03.22.2007, 02:17 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Well, my friend told me people in Mexico believed the world would end in 2006

A lot of people reckoned that it would happen on the 6th of June 2006. 6/6/6, see?

There have been many theories to work out when the world will end, but I can't seen any of them being true. Or at least, I hope the world can wait until I've done what I want with my life first.

03.22.2007, 12:44 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

A lot of these apocalypse predictions are based on rubbish 'facts', like the one arren18 pointed out.

Like how at one point, people thought the world would end in the year 2000 simply because it was the new century (even though it wasn't; the new century started in 2001). Or for the extremes, there's the ol' story of the Jones temple, where the Jones followers committed mass suicide because they believed the world was coming to an end, and that suicide would bring their souls together with the Haley comet to salvation.

Strangely, I heard it was also April Fools' day that day

It is true, however, the the end of the world is just around the corner. Not in this century, that much I have faith in, but in the next to the next few centuries, maybe.

In Islam, there are a big number of signs to look out for that signals the coming of the end of the world. Usually, these are divided into two categories; the early signs, and the late signs, with obvious meanings.

The very first sign has already passed; the coming of the last prophet (Muhammad).

The very last sign is the blowing of the horn, during which all life in the universe will cease.

In the middle, the few that I know includes:

-Buildings so tall they touch the sky (skysrapers, space stations?)
-Women will be wearing clothes, yet not wearing clothes (revealing attire?)
-The mother will give birth to her master (delinquents?)
-When a man passes a grave, he will say, "If that were to be me" (high incidents of suicide?)

And the most famous sign of all: the rising of the sun from the west (scientists have revealed that Jupiter or some other planet I forgot was actually spinning in the opposite direction, an occurrence that happens every few millennia, and unfortunately is NOT exclusive to that planet only; Earth will eventually encounter a similar effect).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.23.2007, 12:25 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks