QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are your favourite quotes?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions What are your favourite quotes? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"I don't feel old... I don't feel anything until noon.
Then it's time for my nap..."

...Bob Hope

"I was married by a judge...I should have asked for a jury..."

...Groucho Marx

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation....
As you grow older, it will avoid you..."

Winston Churchill...

09.06.2008, 12:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Evey
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Evey Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have some from V for Vendetta :
" Evey Hammond : [reads] Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
V : [translates] By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.
Evey Hammond : Personal motto?
V : From "Faust".
Evey Hammond : That's about trying to cheat the devil, isn't it?
V : It is. "

" Creedy : Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?
V : Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof. "

09.09.2008, 10:45 AM Evey is offline   Profile for Evey Add Evey to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this is ed and winry's va's at a con

Edward: Um, Winry?

Winry: Yes Edward?

Edward: This is really hard for me. I've been practicing. -pause- on Al.

Winry: Do I really wanna know about this?

Edward: No, not like that! Wait, where was I? Okay. Umm, well. I found some straw in the backyard and I transmuted it into a ring. And I know I haven't always been the best friend, but I realized something last night. I realized that I love you, Winry. So... if there's still some place in your heart for me..."

Vic [His voice actor]: This is good!

Edward: You took my heart of stone... and made me feel human again. So here I am, down on one automail knee.

Vic: Oh this is good.

Crowd: Oh get on with it!

Edward: .. Asking you to be Mrs. Edward Elric.

Winry: Gosh Edward, it's about time! I thought you'd never ask... So me and Al already hooked up sorry. -pause- I'm just kidding of course I say yes!

if you wanna hear their voices

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMyY7Qu5X...feature=related

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

10.01.2008, 06:44 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
filter
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My Personal Fav: "Train Hard, Fight Easy"

10.01.2008, 08:28 AM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A quote from ROVE LIVE.

"whats the weirdest thing you found in Jimmy Barnes-s house?"

"no alcohol."

"WHAT?! I don't know what to belive in anymore... Thats like going to Warney's place and not finding a mobile phone!"

10.06.2008, 12:04 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
filter
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha yea i seen that toooo, funny

10.06.2008, 08:00 AM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

“Damn the torpedoes! Captain Drayton, go ahead! Jouett, full speed!”

Admiral David Farragut...

10.07.2008, 11:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
harmony-of-mar
Baron

"I love australian women. They all look like Elle McPherson and drink like Mel gipson."

10.07.2008, 11:54 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
"I love australian women. They all look like Elle McPherson and drink like Mel gipson."

so that's what you look like, eh? lol

How's it going, Harms... Well, I hope...
Almst made it to Australia once... Long time ago...

lets see, another quote that I like, hmmm..

"Carpe Diem"

10.08.2008, 12:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
harmony-of-mar
Baron

"Welcome to the secret underground society of lawn gnomes."

10.08.2008, 12:35 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
"Welcome to the secret underground society of lawn gnomes."

"There's no place like gnome, there's no place like gnome" ...Husky

10.08.2008, 01:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Night: "Is it true...? I'm so sorry Riiko! I'll apologise by giving you tons of fanservice when we get home!"

Riiko: "That's nice, Night... but can you put me down now?"

Lol, from chapter 13 of Absolute Boyfriend. Night accidentally cheated on Riiko, but apparently doesn't remember a thing about it.

My Anime List

10.12.2008, 05:21 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

my friends talking about that big bang recreation machine

stephie: but at any rate they say if it does go wrong it wont reach us until thursday
tamara: Yay! we miss out on sport!

10.17.2008, 05:01 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
harmony-of-mar
Baron

year 12 school captain speeches.

Justin: i'm not gonna give you empty promises likethe other captans do. I can't promise you spider monkeys, and the coka-a-cola in the bubblers promise everyone makes? Not gonna happen; accept it already.

Justin: i'll finish my speech with a quote from a song i heard in my childhood that touched my heart and has made me the man i am today..."I'm going to be the very best that no one ever was; to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause."

Declan: If i am captain i'll make sure the abuse of the schools redhead population comes to a stop!
(the redheads in the audience stand and cheer)

10.17.2008, 05:45 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Justin: i'll finish my speech with a quote from a song i heard in my childhood that touched my heart and has made me the man i am today..."I'm going to be the very best that no one ever was; to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause."

Well, he's got my vote.

10.17.2008, 08:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1. "Hey is that Shakespeare?"
"No, its Porco" Yay i love porco rosso...

2. "An intellectual is someone, who when placed alone in a room with a wooly tea cosy, resists the urge to put it on their head."

Clicky

10.21.2008, 03:17 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

A starwars parody on fastforward about the banking crisis in australia. Note skychannel is a take on skywalker.

"I've been watching you, Skychannel."
"Many people do."

"What? Fire a Debtray at the planet of australia? That'll cause chaos!"
"No, it's ok, i'm aiming at Canberra."
"...Can i push the button?"

"I've never seen so many strange characters in one place!"
"Obviously you've never been to the Sydney mardi gra."

"Oh look it's Han Solo."
(Shows a guy called Han drinking a can of Solo.)

10.25.2008, 11:43 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
harmony-of-mar
Baron

"...And these lovely young ladies are James and Harold!"

the millenium earl to Robin in ZONE.

10.29.2008, 06:08 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Dark Totoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"No matter what, keep on going" from Shuya's dad in Battle Royale...

10.30.2008, 12:13 PM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
BookWorm
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.01.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by BookWorm Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Afraid this doesn't really fall into the stream that is already going, but still one of my favs....

"A person to whom everything can be said. Am I an idiot to want such a thing? But ah, the energy we spend hiding from one another, afraid as we are of being identified. But here we are, identified: five fools in a tree. A great piece of luck provided we know how to use it: no longer any need to worry about the picture we present-- free to find out who we truly are." Judge Cool in The Grass Harp by Capote

Yes, I'm a book nerd. But by golly, I'm proud of it! hehe.

11.10.2008, 10:08 PM BookWorm is offline   Profile for BookWorm Add BookWorm to your buddy list Send an Email to BookWorm
[  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks