QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Religious or not?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Religious or not? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  ]
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
Where is the part about embracing all religions as equal?

Someone is going to say this sounds heated and defensive. I agree; I admit that this time I do feel pretty emotional. Maybe you have misinterpreted my arguments, Orphic, but I found that statement quite offensive in light of everything have said so far. I am not trying to convert anybody to atheism (what would be the point?), nor am I an atheist. Here is a selection...

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
I really want to emphasize the point that all religions have to be taken equally from any objective point of view.

quote:
So objectively, I have no choice but to embrace all religions as equals.

quote:
So there's no way that you can call it a 'fact', any more than you could say "it is a fact that my religion is the one true religion, and that's not a matter of opinion".

quote:
Furthermore, to state that someone else's religion is actually an error is approaching the idea of religion from a very narrow and hurtful perspective. Again, there are no 'facts' that can support your view; religion is purely a matter of faith, and will always stay that way. That's why we are forced to accept all religions as equals.

quote:
That's why we absolutely have to be tolerant and supportive of other religions. If I were to have some message to deliver about religion, that would ultimately be it. We have such limited knowledge about God, that we cannot do anything but accept other religions on equal grounds as our own.

I am wondering how I can make this point any clearer...

Edit - Sanfan, that's a scary post... I hope you're not right, for my own sake.

Post last edited by Mush on 11.21.2007, 12:52 AM.

11.21.2007, 12:36 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
At any rate, I already believe that all religions are equal, so at least we agree on something.

this is what i one of the things i like to hear. with this knowledge of your beliefs i have a greater understadning and perhaps respect for your views.

just like alot of other people, im bailing out now rather than end up offending someone or saying something i regret. but know that my views wont be changed, at least not dramatically, and this decission is based on proper reasoning and experiences.

11.21.2007, 04:51 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
OnYourMark
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OnYourMark Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sanfan, i can feel your sorrow while reading your post. you are a good writer... are you a writer? you conveyed your thoughts with your words and bound your emotions to your words... and you did it very well.

i know it's kind of off-topic, but it just stood out to me.

11.21.2007, 05:16 AM OnYourMark is offline   Profile for OnYourMark Add OnYourMark to your buddy list Homepage of OnYourMark AIM Screenname: OnYourMarkItsumo
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Edit - Sanfan, that's a scary post... I hope you're not right, for my own sake.

I hope I'm not right. Sorry for being scary, but when pressure builds, you need to let of some steam. This subject gets me emotional as well, and I needed one of those. Lets just hope i am wrong. Law of averages.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

11.21.2007, 11:27 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I am wondering how I can make this point any clearer...

You're right. I'm very sorry for offending you; it was very inappropriate for me to lash out at you personally like that. I was making assumptions based off nothing but your responses to my own posts--which I still find puzzling hostile, but whatever. I hope you can forgive me.

11.21.2007, 06:07 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We'll call it even

11.22.2007, 12:26 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If we are winding this thread down I am happy with that although I do still have a lot of Mushka-facing responses I am working through. Am happy to drop it or do it by PMs, it's fine either way but I wanted to mention that I still have the posts part-written and make it clear I'm not ignoring anybody.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.22.2007, 02:31 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

I'm still up for it PMs or posts are both fine. I guess it depends on whether anybody wants to listen / get dragged back into the discussion.

11.22.2007, 03:00 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
What about aliens? People all over the world have seen them, there are more people who see aliens than apparitions. Seems good enough to qualify for existence to me, what are they then? Good apparently made us in his image, these things are never documented to look remotely like us, religion should be able to answer this one no?

Well I certainly believe UFO's exist, as I witnessed one myself!

The report below is just a copy of the one I posted on wingsee earlier this year.

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:43 pm Post subject: CDB Witnesses a UFO over N. London

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know what all forms of aircraft look like and behave like!

But Tonight on Tuesday 6th Feb 2007, my Family and I plus some of our Neighbours witnessed for Approx 1Hr 45mins, from 9.30 to 11.15pm GMT, some form of unknown craft, fly a rectangular flight path of Approx 5 miles by 2 miles repeatedly without deviation.

As the moon hadn't risen at this time, the Sky was Pitch Black with a bright field of Stars, as there was no clouds either to obscure the veiw, I could not however make out the shape of this craft, but it did have lights, 2 of a golden hue, and 2 of a reddish hue in a diamond formation, they held steady (never flashed, or changed intesity) . Unlike all forms of aircraft which have the red and green lights on there wingtips which flash.

Now because you could see the configeration of these 4 lights in diamond formation, I could clearly see this craft never 'banked' when it turned, unlike any aircraft or helicopter I have seen. It turned very fast and extremely tight, and always turned to the right, and always precisely flying this same rectangular path in the sky.

This UFO must have kept a constant altitude of at least 5,000ft and you could also hear a constant low pitch rumble coming from this craft, again totally different from a Jet engine or any rota-blade.

The UFO finally 'flew' away to the West and out of sight!

I am just dumbfounded by this expirance, and have never witnessed anything like this in my life. I'm pleased my Family saw this strange event aswell, the Kids are a little scared, and presently not gone to sleep.

As well as reporting this to you here on 'wingsee', I have also filled out and submitted a report form on UFO Watch! As this Craft was not of this world, it defied normal physical law, as I understand it!

But why was it repeatedly flying the same course for nearly 2 Hours, in Pitch Black Darkness?

Perhaps you guys would like to comment on this report of mine, or perhaps tell the forum of your own unexplainable encounters?

I have never believed in Aliens visiting the Earth, due to the vast distances through space requirering to be travelled in order to reach our little planet, and if they could, why don't they make themselves known?

11.22.2007, 02:44 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
[  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks