QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are your favourite quotes?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions What are your favourite quotes? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...    »  ]
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

a convo between me and chris, who i secretly admire

me: i find it irratating in ads that they always use pretty people, cos in real life, i doubt super models would work at hogsbreath cafe.
chris: unless they were pigs.
me: true enough... They do the same thing in soapies, even the ugly people are pretty, in order to take away the attention that their horrible acting brings they make the show visually appealing.
chris: you're a good actor, i saw in that drama play thing about the greek guy, maybe you should try out for that win a contract on "Neighbours" comp.
me: nah, they wouldn't pick me, i'm not pretty.
chris: thats a lie.

could that mean he possible likes me? it certainly made me hopeful.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

07.13.2008, 02:00 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
could that mean he possible likes me? it certainly made me hopeful.

Let me just give this advice.
I'm a guy, and if I liked a girl thats the kind of thing that I would say if I was too shy to say more.
Which I am.

Romantic situations I have gotten into always resulted from slow, mutual convergence.
So, if I were you, I'd say a thing along the lines of what he said to you, now and then. Maybe it will make him hopeful, if he is indeed so inclined, and give him the courage to a little more comments along those lines.
Take it nice and easy.

It might all be hogwash though.

07.13.2008, 04:27 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yes sir!
*salutes*

07.13.2008, 04:54 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Never judge a book by its movie."
— J.W. Eagan

"Ignorance killed the cat. Curiosity was framed."
— Anonymous

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be."
— Douglas Adams

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer"
— Douglas Adams

"I didn't lie! I just created fiction with my mouth! "
— Homer

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
— Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."
— Groucho Marx

"Humans think they are smarter than dolphins because we build cars and buildings and start wars etc...and all that dolphins do is swim in the water, eat fish and play around. Dolphins believe that they are smarter for exactly the same reasons."
— Douglas Adams

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
— Oscar Wilde (Lady Windermere's Fan (Penguin Popular Classics))

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
— Dr. Seuss

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
— Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
— Albert Einstein

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
— Oscar Wilde

OK, I copied and pasted a lot of those from a book website that I am on with lots and lots of quotes.
I rather like them all, even though there are a ton of them . . . ah well, yay!

07.13.2008, 04:55 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Rove mcmanus-

"i love going to your house when you're not at home and stealing just a few random socks... That's right, it's me. It's ALWAYS been me."

07.16.2008, 04:22 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Bob: Hey, my alphabet soup! It just spelled "Oooooo!"
Sue: Bob, you're eating Cheerios.

If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be research.
- Albert Einstein.

07.17.2008, 10:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"What ever happened to being a @#$%ing shark wrangler?"
-Will from You Shall Know Our Velocity

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

07.17.2008, 11:43 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is not so much our friends' help that helps up as the confidence of their help.

I wrote this down a while ago but didn't take note of who it was by...blah.

And then this one made me laugh:

"I'm sorry for being a chicken sh**. I swear I don't mean to be...it just comes with being a guy." - someone who will remain unnamed. xD

07.17.2008, 05:07 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
lyubb
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.18.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by lyubb Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

by my favorite writer

“What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love”

"Talking nonsense is man's only privilege that distinguishes him from all other organisms."

"For, after all, you do grow up, you do outgrow your ideals, which turn to dust and ashes, which are shattered into fragments; and if you have no other life, you just have to build one up out of these fragments. And all the time your soul is craving and longing for something else. And in vain does the dreamer rummage about in his old dreams, raking them over as though they were a heap of cinders, looking in these cinders for some spark, however tiny, to fan it into a flame so as to warm his chilled blood by it and revive in it all that he held so dear before, all that touched his heart, that made his blood course through his veins, that drew tears from his eyes, and that so splendidly deceived him!"

Fyodor Dostoyevsky

07.18.2008, 10:32 AM lyubb is offline   Profile for lyubb Add lyubb to your buddy list Add lyubb to your contact list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

-Mark Twain

07.18.2008, 07:46 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
harmony-of-mar
Baron

experience is directly related to the amount of equipment ruined.

07.18.2008, 08:09 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Komui, speaking to Allen and Kanda in D Gray-man abridged series episode 3:

"Alright, mission briefing time.

You. You. Mission. Go."

Sorry, I guess you need to see it for it to be really funny, but w/e.

My Anime List

07.19.2008, 01:49 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

yeah, it rocked.

speaking of dgm quotes, heres one where lavi is looking for allen.

Allen: (to cross) that... musical score, it's...?
Lavi: DINNERTIIIIIIIME!!
Chouji: Lavi-sama, it's not like he's a dog...
Lavi: Just you wait Chouji! If Allen's hungry he'll come running in an instant! DINNERTIME!
Lenlee: That voice...?!
Cross: someone must yelling inside the ark...
Lavi: STEAK! PASTA! MITARASHI DANGO!
Allen: inside the ark...?
Lavi: IT'S DINNERTIIIIME ALLEN! DINNETIIIIIIIME!
Allen: IT'S LAVI!
Lenalee: they're alive....!
Lavi: BEEF RIBS!
Cross: huh, looks they are...
Lavi: MITARASHI! MITARASHI! MITARASHI!

07.19.2008, 08:47 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

From the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged Movie:

Yugi: "How are we supposed to destroy a real monster?!"
Kaiba: "The same way we do everything on this show: by using children's trading cards." (he throws Yugi a card) "Here Yugi, I'd do it myself but I'm obscenely rich. I have lots of money."

My Anime List

07.20.2008, 04:26 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

screw the rules i have money.
screw the yules i have money.
screw the money i have rules... no wait, lemme try that again...

07.20.2008, 08:50 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LOL, I actually thought Kaiba was surprisingly in-character in the abridged series.

But you know who was the best? Bakura... "My limey senses are tingling!"

Joey: "Hey where are you going?"
Bakura: "I have to go do British things, like... drink cups of tea, eat bangers and mash... that sort of thing. Because I'm British."

My Anime List

07.21.2008, 08:26 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

" boon chi chi i don't want to here that name again!"

07.21.2008, 06:37 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

" Don't you lecture me with your thiry=dollar haircut! Goku dies!"

07.21.2008, 07:17 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
harmony-of-mar
Baron

a quote from photoday at my school.

blondie: ugh, my hairs gone all curly
liam: here, use my straightener!
*pulls hair straightener from blazer pocket*

07.21.2008, 09:34 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

" my dear god!"

07.22.2008, 11:12 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks