QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - If You Think You Can Take Good Pictures
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » If You Think You Can Take Good Pictures » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7    »  ]
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And some more:

07.21.2009, 09:10 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nice pics !
your lucky you live somewhere with such beautiful scenery ! i be jealous, but i wouldnt give up the city for it

07.21.2009, 09:30 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Toolfan- woah that one with the bird is so well done!! An animal has to be dead before I can take a semi good picture of it..

Clicky

07.24.2009, 08:27 AM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the kind comments guys, here's some more I uploaded today:

08.01.2009, 01:51 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*-* *drools* Well done~.

08.01.2009, 02:46 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Chrisss
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.11.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chrisss Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

its Switzerland this is not a professional photo

08.13.2009, 05:03 AM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ Toolfan -

Photo 1: Ahh the clouds

Photo 2: Ahh the beauty

Photo 3: Ahh the colours

Your really are soo good

@ Chrisss - Hmm mysterious, Switzerland was a bit mystical when I went there last summer...

Clicky

08.13.2009, 12:42 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Chrisss
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.11.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chrisss Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

toolfan had me owned i set the one with the houses as my desktop background

Post last edited by Chrisss on 08.13.2009, 05:18 PM.

08.13.2009, 05:17 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Some new uploads:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2535/3850...4fb1f912a_b.jpg

08.24.2009, 03:37 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cool pics ~
what kind of camera do you use?

08.24.2009, 05:02 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

quote:
Originally posted by UO
Cool pics ~

Thanks UO, I shoot with a Canon 450D DSLR camera.

08.24.2009, 06:52 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Some fresh uploads:

08.26.2009, 12:48 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow toolfan, those truly are amazing pictures! I've also set the one with the houses as my desktop background it looks like something out of a book. The brightly coloured houses contrast so beautifully with the grey of the roofs and road.

I also particularly like the photo of the alleyway, makes me shudder. Brings concentration camps and jails to mind for some reason. You have a real skill of drawing out a strong emotion from an image I think Your use of tinting (not quite sure what the correct word to use here is, I expect you know what I mean) is always used to the greatest effect.

08.26.2009, 01:59 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Toolfan1912
quote:
Originally posted by UO
Cool pics ~

Thanks UO, I shoot with a Canon 450D DSLR camera.

Ahh, does it have like a built-in HDR feature or did you do that in Photoshop (ie. the alleyway pic) oO

08.26.2009, 02:00 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

@Nausicaa_Cat

Hahaha thanks!... , nice to see some people using my photographs for personal enjoyment... .

If you think my photographs are good you should check out some of the other people on Flickr their 20 time's better than me...hahaha.

Thanks tinting is right but in photography the word usually used is the colour tone's in the image.

@UO

Well HDR is basically a composite image of 2 or more photographs blended together using either photoshop which is ok but the better piece of software I use is called Photomatix Pro 3.2.

So what you do is you take usually 3 seperate shot's sometimes more at different exposure's so that when you blend them together using the software you get a perfect exposure plus you can tweak the image's tones to get some cool effects.

All camera's have the ability to produce HDR even some Compact camera's that have a manual mode setting which can allow the person to set the different exposure's.

Hope I don't confuse you sometimes I get confused with it myself...

Anyway here's two more I put up the other day:

Post last edited by Toolfan1912 on 08.30.2009, 05:56 PM.

08.30.2009, 05:54 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Some new flickr uploads:

09.04.2009, 07:23 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
kbirrane
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.04.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kbirrane Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow there is some very good photos on here! i thought i was alright at photography but WOW! (slight jelousy coming from over here )

Here's a few photographs ive taken recently, im sorry about the watermark at the bottom but in the past ive had people steal and use my photographs without my permission which really sucks so i have no alternative but to put the links on or remove my images, and whats the point taking photographs if nobody can see them! sorry folks

Post last edited by kbirrane on 10.04.2009, 04:04 PM.

10.04.2009, 04:04 PM kbirrane is offline   Profile for kbirrane Add kbirrane to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

CCB-18 monitor boat from the Vietnam era. This boat is the only one of its kind left in the world and was used to train crews of similar boats before they were deployed to Vietnam.

This is a bow view of the CCB-18. She is part of a three boat memorial along with a wall of flags and placards. I will show these in later posts...

This is part of the Work Party that has restored the CCB-18 over the years. We now spend most of our time just scrubbing, sanding and painting to keep her in good condition. Daniela (standing next to her grandpa) is in HS now and has been working on the boat for at least 5 yrs...

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.05.2009, 05:42 PM.

10.05.2009, 05:28 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Toolfan - Oh.my.

Your pictures are amazing! I loooove them! Wow....

Here's my humble attempt at something photography-ish. I made my little sis wear my converse and stand and model her feet for me lol. I also took one of her which I kinda liked, but I dunno if she'd want me posting it on here. So. XD

EDIT: Oh gaaaah, it's huge. DX Now the legs look really hairy. Um... Sorryyy... it looks better smaller. DX

Post last edited by Yay! Kiki on 10.09.2009, 04:19 AM.

10.09.2009, 04:19 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

@kbirrane

Thanks, I'm not that good....hahahaha.

Have you got a Flickr account? If not you should...

Great shot's everyone else!!

Here's some photo's I uploaded a few weeks back:

10.23.2009, 08:25 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks