QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #4
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #4 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A feeling came over me, a bad feeling. I’d done something wrong again, people were watching me.

These things… they come over me, these feelings, and I must do them… and they always seem to be bad decisions. The smile left my face and I felt bad for making Kodo-Ra embarrassed.

quote:
"No, no, it’s not that you did anything wrong, and I don't feel bad, just a little awkward. It is sorta something that other people will give you a few weird looks."
“Hai… It’s OK, you don’t have to lie to me, I know I did something wrong… I just don’t know what.”

Can’t be the dancing or playing, it must be undressing. About what Mai said yesterday… Hm, that. But why is it wrong when it’s lovely?

I shook my head and sighed and let him lead us in. Chi went ahead of me and spoke to a brown-haired girl I didn't know.

quote:
"Hey, you might want to go see her and take up her offer of dry clothes and a hot bath”.
I nodded at Rakuin, that felt like a very good idea. I accepted a warm towel from the girl who told me her name was Momoko. Chi did too. I went in the shower room to take off Chi’s pretty but very wet and probably ruined cardigan. I quickly towelled my hair then wrapped the large soft white towel around myself, right around my neck and holding it closed with my hands inside it much like I’d worn my blanket earlier I went back out.

He was still waiting there for me, bless him. I smiled feebly at him. He looked like he was about to speak when...

[edited to fit in Icchan's screaming! ]

Post last edited by natsuba on 05.18.2008, 11:01 AM.

05.18.2008, 09:23 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As the three came onto the porch I took a step forward and-

quote:
Hirata: "Here, take a towel and dry yourselves."
"Ah..."

The words dried in my throat. Why do girls always have such perfect timing?

Natsuba headed straight for the shower room, so I closed my gaping hole and sighed.

"That went well."

I tilted my head to my left.

"Your humourless humour never cease to amaze me, Jun."

"I'm honoured. Well, things are fine now, aren't they? Breakfast?" said Jun, offering a pastry.

I was at loss for words. Ever since I met him, Jun always seem to have a knack for making the driest of jokes; so dry, in fact, and so normal was his tone of voice, that I could never tell if it was supposed to be a joke or a sarcastic remark.

"Yeah, I guess I should. Ought to make me less cranky, at least. Empty vessels make the most noise, right?"

He shrugged. "Well, let's see how loud you can get. Ameashi-san just stepped out in a bath towel."

I snapped around. What the hell...

"NA-CHAN!" I exploded as I stomped towards her direction. "For heaven's sake, can you PLEASE get back in the shower where no one can see you!"

She's gonna give me brain damage, this girl.

05.18.2008, 10:41 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
natsuba
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"NA-CHAN!" Icchan shouted
"WAAAAHH!" I jumped a foot in the air, "Don't kill meee!"

quote:
"For heaven's sake, can you PLEASE get back in the shower where no one can see you!"
"Ahh! What?! AH! I'm... I'm... bathing! I mean I'm going to go bath! I'm going! Do you want me to run from the shower upstairs with nothing on?!”

I shied away from him in fear and surprise clutching the towel round me. It covered everything from my neck to my shins. Stepping back I bumped into Rakuin. I clutched at him with one hand which almost made the towel come off so I clutched back at it with the other, “Eep!”

quote:
"Hey, I have something to ask you, 'he' was here wasn't he?"
I looked up at him gawping stupidly but nodded. I managed a smile though it was a bit lop-sided with Icchan-fear and one eye was nervously keeping the foreign boy in view.

“Hm, oh, ah, yeah… he was, very much so! And best of all I felt him too!” Momoko then said something about going up for a bath and that seemed an extremely good idea right then.

“See? See? I’m going!” I laugh-snarled at Icchan, then still clutching the shirt sleeve of the boy behind me said to him, “Kodo-Ra, ah, hah, I’m going to take a bath,” a thought came, “If you want you can come sit outside and talk to me while I soak. Ah…. Unless you’d rather have breakfast that is…?” I eyed Icchan nervously, he looked like he might confiscate my towel for reasons I couldn’t fathom.

Where has Chi gone? Then I saw her just by the dining room doorway. I waited while Rakuin answered me and then went to where Chi was, wrapped in a towel like me. She was talking with Kazuo. I smiled at him and waited until they had finished their conversation before speaking to her.

“Ohayo, Kazuo, did you have a good sleep?"

"Hi, Chi, I’m going up for a bath, do you want to join me? It’ll be fun!”
I need to ask you something too… I looked round to see if Rakuin would come up.

Post last edited by natsuba on 05.18.2008, 11:08 AM.

05.18.2008, 11:07 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Hey. Did I cause that unhappy look? Sorry if mine and Na-chan's behaviour caused you any trouble. I... I didn't mean to do anything bad."
I looked at her carefully for a few moments. "Yeah. I guess you didn't. No harm in a little fun... so long as things don't get out of hand ne?" I shifted slightly uneasily. "Look," I lowered my voice. "I don't know if you realise, but... I don't Na-chan understands exactly what she's done wrong. She's not stupid, she knows she's done wrong, but I don't think she realises what. I just... it just didn't feel right for her to be encouraged like that OK? That's all it is." I noticed Na-chan coming a little bit close. "OK?" I gave Chi a little smile, letting her know I wasn't angry with her.
quote:
“Ohayo, Kazuo, did you have a good sleep?"
"Ohayo Na-chan. I did thanks, yeah, and you too I hope?" I glanced over at Icchan, who looked positively livid. "Er... what was Icchan shouting about?"

05.18.2008, 11:55 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Her clutching to me put another awkward moment into the reel. I couldn't help it but I felt the cheeks go red. Okay, time for this to come to an end.

Na-chan eventually headed for the bath.

quote:
“Kodo-Ra, ah, hah, I’m going to take a bath,” a thought came, “If you want you can come sit outside and talk to me while I soak. Ah…. Unless you’d rather have breakfast that is…?”

"Yeah sure, we may have a few things to talk about." I said, not incriminating, but more caring. Looking at the bigger picture, it was barely a footnote if we talked about this 'incident'.

She turned around and left. Everyone was still around with a wide variety of expressions.
"Here," I said "Her and I have a few things to talk about, so Ill go accompany her, Ill make sure that nothing gets repeated and you can all have breakfast rather peacefully." I finished and turned and left.

05.18.2008, 12:35 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Yeah. I guess you didn't. No harm in a little fun... so long as things don't get out of hand ne?" . "Look," . "I don't know if you realise, but... I don't Na-chan understands exactly what she's done wrong. She's not stupid, she knows she's done wrong, but I don't think she realises what. I just... it just didn't feel right for her to be encouraged like that OK? That's all it is."

"Mm, gomen. I got a carried away I suppose, it was one of those moments when you dont really think things through." I said, blushing a little.

I heard a lot of shouting, and Na-chan squeaks and popped my head out of the dining room. Na-chan was wearing a towel like myself, but unlike me had nothing on underneath. Icchan didnt seem to be taking this too well.

quote:
"Hi, Chi, I’m going up for a bath, do you want to join me? It’ll be fun!”

She was desperately trying to talk herself out of trouble and I couldn't help grinning. "Clueless." I sighed "Utterly clueless."

"Sure i'll join you." I said, offering her my hand "If only to stop Icchan killing you." I laughed and gave Icchan a friendly wink.

"Its okay we'll get our towel-y selves out of sight quickly."

No point causing everyone anymore alarm!

05.18.2008, 03:42 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was still facing the other way when I heard some playful shouts from outside. After a moment or two, Na-chan went past, looking a little subdued. Then Kashikoi came along as well. Completely ignoring me. What were you expecting?

Na-chan came back suddenly, wearing a towel. And nothing else... I thought, going a bit red. Then Icchan exploded. Almost literally. Who are you, her dad?

Chi was speaking to Kazuo, who appeared remarkably unfazed by the whole nude scene. And she still won't talk to me.

Then I heard Na-chan asking Chi to join her for a bath. Oh. Now that I was standing their with very rosy cheeks, looking like a fool, I decided I was quite glad that nobody chose to talk to me. ...yet.

05.18.2008, 04:30 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Turning over, still more asleep than awake, I shivered and snuggled under the covers. It was morning? A cold morning. Sunday...

I smiled underneath the covers and then flung them off, immediately regretting it. Quickly gathering my things I surpressed the urge to rush since there was a lot of time left and stepped outside and into the rain. Giving out a little yelp as it was cold, I turned my face up to let the rain dance on my face for a few seconds before running to the door where quite a few people were crowded. Looking back out, I thought, It's a pity it makes you sick...

I said good morning to everyone around me and ducked into the washroom after Momo-chan had conveniently provided me with hot towels. Soaking under hot water for a few minutes, I came out feeling refreshed and warm. I dried myself off and dressed before turning my attention to my hair. It was a terrible mess...it took another couple minutes to sort that out after which I stepped out in an orang-y red wrap around dress under a warm, cream sweater top. Once outside, I slipped on some wool socklets, hopping a little and bumping into someone who was standing off to the side and then in an attempt regain my balance, hopping some more and stepping on the same person's foot.

I straightened to find Hibiki-san in front of me and said, "Ooh, morning! Sorry about that! I didn't hurt you did I?"

05.18.2008, 05:48 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I turned as I heard somebody coming in. A slightly disheveled figure of beauty had woken up. With my scarlet face, it was just as well that she didn't suddenly come and speak to me. After she vanished, I stood and said to myself, Why do the girls in this class have to be so pretty...?

Okay,
I answered, maybe you're not gay after all.

By the time the figure of beauty returned, my face had returned to its normal hue. It didn't last long though, because then suddenly the figure of beauty stood on my toe. I winced, and went red again as she stood up straight and apologised.

quote:
"Ooh, morning! Sorry about that! I didn't hurt you did I?"
"Hey," I replied with a timid smile. "It's okay though. I'm fine."

Ouch.

05.18.2008, 06:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
natsuba
Ohmu

Rakuin answered my question about staying outside the bathroom.

quote:
"Yeah sure, we may have a few things to talk about."
I grinned at him, “Arigato! I’ll be right up, just want to… ah, there she is…!” I gave his shirt sleeve a final tug goodbye and went over to Chi and Kazuo who were talking. They seemed to finish as I approached, I only caught Kazuo’s last few words.

quote:
"…that's all it is. OK?"
Then when he and Chi had finished their conversation I asked him if he’d slept well.

quote:
"Ohayo Na-chan," he replied "I did thanks, yeah, and you too I hope?"
“Ooh, yes! I did! Arigato! I slept like a log, but my head got a bit cold, I had it stuck out the tent in the middle of the night watching the stars.”

“I was… ha, ha, I was imagining I was camping in a forest.”

“Ah! Like in Icchan’s spooky story!”

“Um, yeah... So yeah! I did sleep very well!”

His gaze went past me to the area by the back door. I guessed at once who he was looking at.

quote:
"Er... what was Icchan shouting about?"
I laughed in a rather squeaky embarrassed way, then realized I didn’t know why I was laughing. Or embarrassed. Or squeaking. Nerves I think, Icchan was scary when he shouted. “Ah, ano… um… I think he thought it wasn’t right to just wear a towel. But I need a bath, a good hot soak, suddenly I’m freezing! I was fine out there! In here it’s cold. I came out to go upstairs and got yelled at.”

“Ah…”
I looked down at a point near his feet, under the towel I brought my hands up under my chin and gently bonked the knuckles together a time or two, it might have looked odd, the towel moving under my chin, “I did something wrong again…”

But you’re lovely. You don’t snap at me. I looked back up at him and smiled nicely.

Then I turned to Chi to tell her where I was going and asked her if she wanted to come. I felt a little fragile, a little too looked at, like I was in the staring crowds when I had one of my moments when I was out with mummy.

quote:
"Clueless." she sighed, "Utterly clueless."
I frowned at her, “Well you might be, but I thought I’d talked some sense into you back there! Ah, you’re so slow!”

“Dimwit!”
I grinned.

You're joking a lot!

I am?

Hmm!

Ooh, is that good?

Hmm!

Heeee!

quote:
"Sure I'll join you. If only to stop Icchan killing you."
She laughed and took my hand and winked at Icchan. It was a pretty thing, that wink. I wanted to do one so I tried it too though mine might have looked too much like a sudden spasm of one shoulder. I still wasn’t in a winking mood.

You’re so relaxed.

quote:
"It’s okay we'll get our towel-y selves out of sight quickly."
I let her take me by the hand this time and we scampered up the stairs. Part way up I began to laugh, I have no idea why, nerves maybe but by the time we reached the top hall by the bathroom door where Rakuin was waiting I was laughing fit to burst, I could hardly stand up. Clutching on to her elbow we stopped outside the door.

“Ah, Kodo-Ra, please would you look after us? We need a really alert sentry! A strong noble guardian! There’s weird boys down there, Icchan is being shouty and scary, please make sure he doesn’t come up here!” I only just managed to get this out before I exploded into laughter again, bending at the knees almost double and leaning against the wall.

05.18.2008, 06:39 PM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Hey," he replied with a small smile, "It's okay though. I'm fine."

I smiled back at him a bit guiltily, "Oh I'm silly, of course it hurt; I basically stomped on you and first thing in the morning too."

"I'm just a little clumsy in the morning," I added, "Won't happen again, promise." Another smile. I'd been like that since I woke up, all smiles and besides, I'd always thought Hibiki-san could use a few extra smiles.

Leaning back against the wall beside him, I stretched my arms a little and asked, "So, did you have a nice sleep? I haven't slept in a tent in ages...not since elementary school."

Wow, it's been a while, I thought to myself, grinning, I'll have to remember to thank Sadoru-san again before I leave.

05.18.2008, 07:00 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Waving a goodbye to Kazuo with my free hand, I used the other to lead Na-chan up the stairs.

Where she seemed to be having some sort of break down.

"Na-chan you crazy girl stop laughing!" I said, giggling myself "Your towel will fall down and i've seen enough of whats underneath it to last me a lifetime!"

We reached the top of the stairs and I let go of her hand, Seisaku was waiting at the top for us and I gave him a friendly grin and roll of the eyes towards the hysterical Na-chan. "Shes all yours, i'm going to go head in first."

I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. For a second I lent against it, thinking of what I had just said.

This morning, the first person he talked to was Na-chan...and he came to give us the umbrellas, pausing to talk to her...and now he's waiting for her outside the bathroom.

Seisaku and Na-chan?

I could still hear laughter through the door and I couldnt help smiling. She deserves it. Treat her well Seisaku, or you'll have me to answer too.

I quickly stripped, undoing my hair from its ponytail and shaking it out like a dog. I rubbed at it with my towel a for a few minutes, lost in thought.

So now its Seisaku and Na-chan. Sadoru and Aoi. Hibiki and...Megumi I suppose. I sighed, and then rapped myself on the head. "I will have to go on a boy-hunt. Before all the rest of them get snapped up." I said softly to myself as I clambered into the bath. You shouldn't talk to yourself.

I dont care, this bath is gorgeous. So warm! Ooh...

I sat there, amusing myself by rubbing my hands with soap and then touching my thumb and index finger together, dipping them into water and blowing bubbles through them. It was something I was taught how to do when I was very young, 4 maybe 5. Theres something very pretty about bubbles, the way if you looked at them just right they seemed to reflect the colours of the rainbow.

Mmm, I wonder when Na-chan will finish sweet talking Seisaku and come in.

I couldnt help but giggle some more at the idea of Na-chan sweet talking somebody. That would be interesting.

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 05.21.2008, 12:29 PM.

05.18.2008, 07:11 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I went up and checked the bathroom, making sure mom or dad had no plans to use it but mom was downstairs and dad had gone out for his early Sunday walk.

The place was tidy and clean, last night's girl session hadn't wrecked it so I got some fresh towels out and hung them on the rail and ran the bath checking the water was nice and hot.

Crazy girl, you'll be frozen.

As I stepped out and closed the door I found Rakki just coming up the stairs. I greeted him and assuming he was using the upstairs toilet because downstairs was occupied I pointed the door out to him. Then I went back down.

I'd only got as far as the end of the landing at the top of the stairs when up came two small bundles of towel wrapped madness. It was a good thing sis was at uni and not having her Sunday lie-in. She hates being disturbed.

I stood back into the corner and watched them bumble past, Na-chan bouncing off the walls with gales of laughter, Kashikoi trying to hold her up and guide her.

quote:
"Na-chan you crazy girl stop laughing!" Kashikoi giggled, "Your towel will fall down and I've seen enough of what’s underneath it to last me a lifetime!"
I raised an eyebrow, speak for yourself. Well, maybe not a lifetime but certainly for today... I shook my head in half-wonder, half- ah, I don't know. Love, I guess. How can you harbour feelings of impatience and annoyance at such cute people? That's the thing with girls. They don't have to try very hard to get the better of us guys emotionally, turn on the smiles and laughter or those sorts of looks and we become putty in their hands, or I do anyway. I shrugged but didn't comment. The impromptu naturism and yelling about perverts was over so I let it go.

When they'd gone by I went downstairs. In the dining room most people were up now. One though, wasn't there.

Still asleep hm? Well it was ridiculously late when you finally turned in... I went to the table and filled a tumbler with ice cold orange juice and downed it in one. Uh, I needed that! I grabbed a slice of dry toast and using it as a plate put a soup bowl on it and filled the bowl with miso. In my free hand I picked up a second slice to dunk with. Going back out Kazuo was by the doorway.

"Ohayo. Have you eaten? Mom does a mean green onion miso so I recommend you dive in." I couldn't tell whether he'd eaten or not so in case he had, or didn't want to, I added, "I'm going to go watch the rain. Want to come?"

I went back past the shower room. Tanaka had come in. “Ohayo!” I smiled at her, “Breakfast’s in there.” I indicated a direction with a slice of waved toast.

How do you do that? Last person up and the first one who looks like you’re going to attend a smart garden party, or art gallery showing? I shook my head in wonder and nodded at Hibiki who was hopping on one leg for some reason. Maybe he’d made some comment about Tanaka and got stamped on? Nah, Tanaka wouldn’t descend to physical violence.

I got to the back door which was still open, the rain curtaining down.

I stood watching the downpour for a minute, the cool air and smell of it was great. I breathed in deep. Icchan was there, I dunked my toast and munched it.

"Interesting morning."

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.19.2008, 05:12 AM.

05.18.2008, 07:59 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I groaned. "Not you too. C'mon Sadoru, dry jokes from Jun is plentiful enough."

"Know what, one of these days, we gotta strap Na-chan to a chair and teach her the basic A-to-Zs of life, then I'm gonna drag Tanaka-san down and make her teach her from Z to A."

I looked at the toast, and decided to take up Jun's earlier offer of breakfast.

05.18.2008, 11:05 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

quote:
"Oh I'm silly, of course it hurt; I basically stomped on you and first thing in the morning too."
Well, maybe just a bit... "It's alright really. Don't worry about it. I'm sure I'll live."

quote:
"I'm just a little clumsy in the morning. Won't happen again, promise."
She smiled at me. I melted a little bit, and smiled back. "Well, at least give me some warning next time," I answered, feeling quite happy. It was always nice to see Tanaka in a good mood, ever since I'd managed to find myself in her bad books within about two seconds of knowing her.

quote:
"So, did you have a nice sleep? I haven't slept in a tent in ages...not since elementary school."
"Yeah, I slept okay. I haven't tried sleeping outside before. One day I was going to, but then the weather turned nasty. Kinda like just now." I looked outside and shrugged. "But I guess a bit of rain never hurt anyone."

05.19.2008, 12:46 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
"It's alright really. Don't worry about it. I'm sure I'll live."
"Oh, I'd hope so. Can you imagine? Death by Mai's foot...what a terrible way to die," I said, rolling my eyes with a laugh. I explained that I was just being clumsy and it wouldn't happen again. This time, he returned my smile quite nicely.

And what d'ya know? Another one with a perfectly good smile that he never uses, I said to myself, I wonder why we have so many shy guys in our class when I know they're very capable of being lovely...
quote:
"Well, at least give me some warning next time."
I stiffened a little and gave him a mock salute, "Hai!" before falling back against the wall and asking him a question.
quote:
"Yeah, I slept okay. I haven't tried sleeping outside before," he said in reply.
"Mm, well better late than never. I can't say it's much fun when it's like this but it was great in the summer," I said, closing my eyes for a second, seeing stars and hearing crickets and feeling the hot air cling. When I opened them, Hibiki-san was speaking.
quote:
"One day I was going to, but then the weather turned nasty. Kinda like just now. But I guess a bit of rain never hurt anyone."

"Ah, I just hate it when things turn out that way..." I said looking outside with him, "As for rain, I rather like it. I know it's stupid but one day I'm going to go barefoot outside in the rain and just stand there and get soaked to the bone."

I nodded my head with a grin, liking the sound of that idea and adding, "Or I could walk or run; skip?...dance even."

Looking at him, I laughed, "Oh you probably think I'm crazy but I think it'd be fun." And after a lifetime of never being allowed, who wouldn't?

05.19.2008, 04:01 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I went up the stairs and waited for them, they eventually made there way up, I presumed there was some more conversations, which had me slightly worried since their had already been a few incidents.

quote:
“Ah, Kodo-Ra, please would you look after us? We need a really alert sentry! A strong noble guardian! There’s weird boys down there, Icchan is being shouty and scary, please make sure he doesn’t come up here!”

"Yeah sure, Ill make sure that King Creeper doesn't get near the room." I said with a thumbs up rather cheesily.
Chi offered to go first which was fine, gave Na-chan and I time.
"So.... I guess Ill start with the obvious question..." I paused, slightly longer than usual, I looked at her and made a more casual face "How did you sleep?" I said warmly. There was a tension I was unfamiliar with, it had to deal with all these external forces. They were all that seemed to matter, all that seemed to come up, I couldn't just keep drilling her with questions about thunder and lighting and just ignore her as a person.

"I know that you know that I want to know a few other things, but I guess they just don't seem as important as my other question" I said with a smile. "Good fun last night? Anything not too girly to share?"

05.19.2008, 05:01 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
natsuba
Ohmu

quote:
"So.... I guess I'll start with the obvious question... How did you sleep?"
Ah, okay. I tried to calm down but I was still full of giggles. "Very well! It was great, I loved it! I always sleep with mummy, either in our house or if we go on vacation we share a room, and being away from home was so much fun! Do you remember that spooky story Icchan told? Ah, ha, ha! Gomen, I can't call him what you did, its a bit naughty to call him that... ah, well, where was I? Hm, yeah! I woke up in the middle of the night and lay with my head out of the tent and watched the stars for a long time, I pretended I was camping out in the forest miles from anywhere, it was lovely, I'd so love to do that for real one day and yeah, I slept great!"

quote:
"I know that you know that I want to know a few other things, but I guess they just don't seem as important as my other question"
I stopped grinning at him and just smiled, "I understand, and I'm quite used to it, you don't have to worry about offending me, I've had doctors and therapists and all sorts of people in suits ask me questions for ages, it doesn't offend me at all any more, truth of it is I'd like to understand more of the world round me too... and if it was you asking..." I leaned back on the wooden railing opposite the bathroom and began to relax even though I was very cold now. I hugged the towel round myself more.

quote:
"Good fun last night? Anything not too girly to share?"
I cocked my head at him and wiggled an eyebrow, "Do you mean in the tent? Or before I went to bed? In the tent everyone was already asleep, I thought we might do something fun like munch midnight snacks but I think everyone was too tired... but before I went to bed... Hmmm...!" I finished with a smile.

05.19.2008, 05:32 PM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Na-chan's reply came out in the usual excited tumble; how she maintained such constant energy and liveliness was beyond me. 'Specially first thing in the morning. Don't you ever get tired?

She answered my question about Icchan, suddenly seeming quite jittery. I glanced quickly over at him. Baka, you've made her nervous.

quote:
“Ah, ano… um… I think he thought it wasn’t right to just wear a towel. But I need a bath, a good hot soak, suddenly I’m freezing! I was fine out there! In here it’s cold. I came out to go upstairs and got yelled at.”

“Ah… I did something wrong again…”
"Don't worry. It was an accident." I smiled gently, resisting the urge to add: "Could have happened to anyone." Yeah, too far. Heh. A few moments later, Na-chan and Chi disappeared up the stairs, giggling madly, together with Rakuin. The gallant rescuer eh? Right.
quote:
"Ohayo. Have you eaten? Mom does a mean green onion miso so I recommend you dive in. I'm going to go watch the rain. Want to come?"
"Ohayo. Ah, yeah I'll be with you in a sec. I'll just get some toast, that'll do me for the minute." I grabbed a couple of slices from the table and followed him out. Icchan was out here too; he reacted despairingly to Sadoru's sarcasm before continuing:
quote:
"Know what, one of these days, we gotta strap Na-chan to a chair and teach her the basic A-to-Zs of life, then I'm gonna drag Tanaka-san down and make her teach her from Z to A."
"Sounds a little drastic." I laughed softly. "She'll learn. Slowly."

05.19.2008, 05:43 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

quote:
"Very well! It was great, I loved it! I always sleep with mummy, either in our house or if we go on vacation we share a room, and being away from home was so much fun! Do you remember that spooky story Icchan told? Ah, ha, ha! Gomen, I can't call him what you did, its a bit naughty to call him that... ah, well, where was I? Hm, yeah! I woke up in the middle of the night and lay with my head out of the tent and watched the stars for a long time, I pretended I was camping out in the forest miles from anywhere, it was lovely, I'd so love to do that for real one day and yeah, I slept great!"

"Ah well that sounds good, I wasn't really 'there' for the stories, had to do maintenance, I'll make sure I get them next time. Must have been a nice change of pace, things that are unusual to our routines can be scary, but also hold promise and enjoyment. Glad you had fun."
quote:
"I understand, and I'm quite used to it, you don't have to worry about offending me, I've had doctors and therapists and all sorts of people in suits ask me questions for ages, it doesn't offend me at all any more, truth of it is I'd like to understand more of the world round me too... and if it was you asking..."

I got caught off guard a little by the response.
"Gomen gomen, I think I didn't get that across right. Its the principle of the thing. I wasn't too much worried about offending you by going there, its where my curiosity wants to go, but I felt that you didn't deserve that for the reason you just gave. It-" I searched for the words a bit "It is a little dehumanizing I think. They didn't treat you as a person, just a thing with answers to potential questions, I don't know if I want to just talk about all the other stuff, I want to know about you, talk to you. You shouldn't have to just be my magic 8-ball whenever something new happens, that really shouldn't be the extent of our conversations, yet it always seems to be in that direction. I figured I'd ask the most pressing question and that was it." I said smiling.
I was a little worried about something like this happening, it was possible that she is used to being used. I felt sad, yet couldn't think of anything to do about it at this time.
quote:
"Do you mean in the tent? Or before I went to bed? In the tent everyone was already asleep, I thought we might do something fun like munch midnight snacks but I think everyone was too tired... but before I went to bed... Hmmm...!"

I raised an eyebrow right back.
"That sounds...interesting. I am intrigued, I think that you need to elaborate a little more into detail." I said with a sheepish grin.

05.19.2008, 05:49 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks