QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - funny stuff
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » funny stuff » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sure, any time.

@ Saddletank

You're on the right track, I think. Don't pay attention to the story itself; pay attention to how the story is being told.

05.29.2008, 05:58 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it in some kind of rhyme scheme? I see "politician", "Salvation" and "oration"...

05.29.2008, 06:00 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nope. That is an interesting observation, though.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 05.29.2008, 06:05 PM.

05.29.2008, 06:04 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Orphic...

Reminds of looking in the forest, but not seeing the trees, see...

05.29.2008, 06:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Yeah, it's really fun knowing the answer when no one else does. Knowing tons of random trivia really does pay off.

05.29.2008, 06:16 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am sure that I probably wouldn't have gotten it myself if I hadn't known beforehand...

05.29.2008, 06:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I've seen it. I think so, at least I'm looking and can't see any... if I'm right, wow that is weird. Very clever too.

Was the entire BOOK written like this?!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.30.2008, 01:28 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh! I am going to go insane? What is the answer!?

05.30.2008, 01:55 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I think I've seen it. I think so, at least I'm looking and can't see any... if I'm right, wow that is weird. Very clever too.

Was the entire BOOK written like this?!

Yes, the entire book was written that way. You can PM me if you don't want to give away the answer.

05.30.2008, 08:07 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm still just seeing rhyming stuff. It seems to have a rhythm to it...

05.30.2008, 08:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Maybe think about what all of those rhyming words have in common. That might put you on the right track.

05.30.2008, 08:12 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I was going to say they all have a stress on the first syllable, but then some of them don't, and some don't have a stress at all.

05.30.2008, 08:16 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Orphic, PM sent. If its what I think it is it's incredible, quite amazing. Why haven't I heard of this book before?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.30.2008, 08:33 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

@Saddles,..
It IS amazing that the whole book is like this... Can you imagine the, I don't know, call it brainwork involved!!!

05.30.2008, 10:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
@Saddles,..
It IS amazing that the whole book is like this... Can you imagine the, I don't know, call it brainwork involved!!!

Ok, doubling, but time for a clue, a biggie...

"It was a rough book to author without this in it ..."

the above sentence is the clue.

enjoy...

How about it, Orphic and Saddles? Good clue?

05.31.2008, 01:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You haven't heard of it, Saddle, because only that specific oddity made the book famous. Otherwise, do note that it didn't exactly win a Pulitzer prize.

Yeah, like Orphic, I know of the book, so I know what's odd about it. To everyone else though, so you'll have less of a headache:

It has NOTHING to do with the plot, story, style of storytelling, poetry, the author, or any of that sort. In short, the literature part of the book is completely irrelevant to its oddidty.

It's a language oddity. One unique only to English.

05.31.2008, 01:32 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Otherwise, do note that it didn't exactly win a Pulitzer prize.
Have you any idea how hard it is to write anything meaningful in English that way? Let alone a whole book. I don't mind if it's utter rubbish, the fact it even exists is amazing.

05.31.2008, 04:45 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Er can someone give it away for me, I am really stuck as to what you guys are on about.

05.31.2008, 05:07 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
husky51
The Old Guy

After discussion, a major, major clue is now given...

"check the letters"

05.31.2008, 11:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Holy crap! How can you write an entire book like that?

Oh, and another clue:
I'm trying hard to avoid putting a particular thing in my words...

Post last edited by arren18 on 05.31.2008, 01:17 PM.

05.31.2008, 01:11 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks