QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #3
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #3 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Akuri-sensei
“I have been told to gather information about yesterday’s unfortunate incident. You will spend the ten minutes of homeroom filling in your answers and then the temporary class rep here – ”
And he pointed at me. Nani!?

quote:
“ - will collect them in.”
My god you're having a good time, aren't you? One of these days you are going to get your ass kicked so hard you psychotic jerk. Great, now he's getting to me. I could feel his eyes on me as I went round handing out the papers. What is your problem? Were you bullied at school? Is this meant to be your revenge on the cruel world? Yes? Then why the hell is it on me?

10.27.2007, 09:28 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yuichi looked over excitedly at me and pressed the piece of paper in my hand. I looked down at it curiously and gasped.

quote:
"His name's Kuro. Before he became a Sokoban he was a Muromachi period Shinto monk. Now he lives in my head. And he's turning my brother into a vegetable." - Karinushi Fubi

So Fubi-san was the Karinushi we were looking for! I looked around for Fubi-san. Not here...Aoi-chi? She wasn't here either. Aoi-chan had been late yesterday as well. I hoped she was all right. For a second, I wondered if she might be sick but then thought, No. She has the Shadow...it's all right now.

It was right around that time that the meaning of the note sunk in...Shinto monk...living in her head? And turning her brother into a vegetable. All of a sudden I felt really afraid. What was that supposed to mean? Was it even true? It wasn't something that one would lie about but still, I didn't want to believe it. I looked over at Aoi-chi's empty desk and the one beside her. Sadoru-san. We should tell him about this.

Then, Akuri-sensei was there, being loud and pushing Kazuo-san around. Anger rose in me. What was this man's problem? Being helpful one minute and then a tyrrant for the rest. Looking down at the note, I quickly memorized it and slipped into Icchan's hands before taking my seat and writing the note in the little note-book full of Shadow things I had started keeping. Akuri-sensei's eyes followed Kazuo-san as he passed out the sheets. Poor Kazuo-san. When he came to me, I gave him a nice smile before looking at the paper in front of me. Questions about yesterday, huh?

10.27.2007, 12:32 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kazuo-san came up the row of desks handing out the papers. I took one and gave him a small pat on the elbow and a thumbs up as he went by. Go Kazuo. What with my Go Tanaka thought earlier this wa sturning into something of a Go Class! day. I wondered if it really was.

The Shadows. The illnesses. The stupid sensei. That headmaster thing yesterday. Was it us against the rest of them? And if so whose team were the Shadows on? Ours? Theirs? (whoever 'they' were...) or their own?

10.27.2007, 01:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

AKURI-SENSEI

When the Albino was done I barked out,

“But first, registration. Respond when I call your name.”

We went through that ritual. The special girl was absent again, dear oh dear, no Kouchou-Sensei here to save you today my sweet. I marked the register. That damn weird Karinushi child was absent too. Hmmm… interesting, given the circumstances. I took out my diary and checked a couple of things. Yes. I made a note and put it away.
“Now open the papers and answer the questions as honestly as you can. This is an anonymous survey, no need to put your names. If you had no contact in this incident merely state as much. I don’t want anything made up. And be honest.”

I glared at them with that final comment, particularly focussing that stare at the people around the girl's desk by the window and the boy at the back - where people would have seen at least something.

The papers were a questionnaire about the incident of yesterday. The questions included such things as:

Did you see anything unusual in the school you cannot explain?

If so, describe what you saw.

Were you physically contacted by anything inexplicable?

Did you experience any effects? Sensations? Feelings?

Summarize what you think they might be.

And so on…

I sat at my desk and watched them working.

10.28.2007, 03:50 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Soon after Sadoru-san returned to his desk, Akuri-sensei came in, looking especially murderous. Then as he forced Kazuo-san to hand out some kind of questionnaire, I got quite angry. I'd like to say it was because he was horrible enough to pick someone just for being different, but it was really because I knew what this was about.

They want to know what happened so they can try to prove it wrong. To cover it up again.

Hmm, ever considered becoming a detective?

Akuri-sensei proceeded to call out the register. I answered to my name with particular distaste, and picked up the paper.

quote:
"This is an anonymous survey, no need to put your names. If you had no contact in this incident merely state as much. I don’t want anything made up. And be honest.”
Not much chance of that. I had to force myself not to physically spit on the questionnaire, by occupying myself with writing several variants of "no".

10.28.2007, 06:25 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A soft warm handshoved something into my hand. My still-groggy eyes snapped open at the all-too-familiar touch, and turned around to see Tanaka swishing around back into her seat as Akuri-sensei came in.

I felt my cheeks fill with blood again as I turned to the front again, peering into my hand.

The note was weird, talking about Karinushi Fubi. I had a vague registration that it had something to do with the shadow issue, but having just woken from a nap, I wasn't in any mood to think at all, so I simply stuffed it into my bag.

A received the questionnaire from a very unhappy Kazuo and scanned it lazily.

Yeah, more interrogation.

I stifled a yawn and proceeded to answer the questions in as dry a humour as I was often notorious for.

See anything in school I cannot explain? Nothing I haven't seen before.

Physically contacted by anything inexplicable? Define inexplicable.

Did you experience any effects? Too personal to answer.

I stifled another yawn.

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 10.28.2007, 10:22 AM.

10.28.2007, 10:20 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Are we seriously doing an assignment on this shadow stuff? Yawn, no thanks. I was bored. I didn't even really take a look at the assignment, I scribbled some answers down and left it on the corner of my desk. I then stared out the window.

I decided to pull out my art book and began browsing through it. So many fine pieces from all over the world. I then stopped at that Munakata image that I saw on the first day. The one with the two shadows. I liked it, it was odd, yet captivating. I began to wonder what was going through the artists mind, what was he thinking, where did he get the inspiration? I couldn't understand it.

I continued to stare at it, and ignore everything else going on.

10.28.2007, 02:47 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I flipped through the couple of pages of questions, scanning a few and stopped. At once I began to fume, then boil with anger. That damn headmaster, this had to have come from him. Lab rats, that’s all we were. How dare the school intrude like this? I looked to my left at the empty desk and was glad Takako wasn’t here, she’d be furious at this or it would upset her, probably both. God knows what Hibiki is thinking.

I turned in my seat and looked at him. He was writing something.

Then I made up my mind. There is no way Sensei can give me a detention for refusing to do this. If he does I’ll phone dad and then what about the headmasters precious silence? Taking the blank sheets I stood up, walked to the sensei’s desk and lay the questionnaire down. I gave a small bow.

“Sensei, sumimasen, I do not think I am able to fill in these questions. I won’t tell lies but again I won’t answer. I do not accept that it is the school’s business to intrude upon pupils in this way. For those it is affecting directly I should think this is most unpleasant. Gomen.” and I made another small bow and awaited the sarcastic rebuke I expected to pour down on me.

10.28.2007, 03:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Akuri-sensei came back in and spoke at us for a few minutes and then we were handed this survey about shadow. Shadows again, huh? What is with this school...I thought, annoyed. I had no idea what this was about and wrote about that much on the survey that the albino boy handed to me. And then, turned to look at the red-haired boy, Okayu-san I think, speak up against the survey.

An interesting turn of events. I turned to watch Akuri-sensei's reaction curiously.

10.29.2007, 02:29 AM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I looked at the piece of paper in front of me but had to answer no or deny all the questions and that was the truth. The circle of girls I’d known so far this week hadn’t mentioned any of this. I looked to my left at the boy next to me and whispered to him, frowning.

“Excuse me… what’s all this about? Do you know?”

10.29.2007, 06:22 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I woke from a short daydream involving… well you don’t want to know who was involved… and if you do, tough as this is a PG rated monologue… to find a questionnaire of some kind fluttering onto my desk. Damn, and it was just getting good too… I half listened to the sensei as I ran my eyes across it. Oh, heck, this. Again. I turned to glance back at Hikari-san, she was already filling it in. I went to pick up my pen and saw movement over by the window. The red haired boy got up and went to the sensei and refused to fill in the form. Ah. This could get messy. Wasn’t he the one who got in trouble on Monday in the gym? Baka, you’re going to get us all in trouble, there’s a time and a place for heroics, and I don’t think this is it.

10.29.2007, 06:38 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh great, I thought. More misplaced "values" from Mister Patriotic.

He must've missed the part about not needing to write his name.

I sighed silently. Honesty is good, but not something you need to announce to the whole world.

10.29.2007, 11:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

AKURI-SENSEI

My nose flared as this impudent boy spoke out. He dares talk to me like that?

I got up from my chair.

"Perhaps detention was too light a punishment for you."

"The school may have been tolerant enough to put up with your antics, boy. But I'm not. What the school can or cannot do is not up to you to decide. Unpleasant? That's not my business."

"But since you care for your 'friends' so much, we can have a little discussion about them at lunch,"
I sneered.

"In the meantime," I leaned forward menacingly. "you can have the priviledge of standing by the trash bin."

Post last edited by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER on 10.29.2007, 11:54 AM.

10.29.2007, 11:36 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

“Hai!”

Which in the tone I used meant “Up yours!”

Leaving the blank questionnaire on his desk I walked across behind him to the door and in the space between the door and Kazuo-san’s desk stood, back to the wall and folded my arms, staring straight ahead across the heads of the other students to a certain empty desk by the window, focussing my thoughts on the person who usually occupied it.

10.29.2007, 11:49 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched curiously as Sadoru-san suddenly stood up and approached the sensei.

quote:
“Sensei, sumimasen, I do not think I am able to fill in these questions. I won’t tell lies but again I won’t answer. I do not accept that it is the school’s business to intrude upon pupils in this way. For those it is affecting directly I should think this is most unpleasant. Gomen.”
Wow, you're brave. Akuri-sensei swiftly issued him a lunchtime detention, and made him stand over by the door, near my desk. I couldn't help a little smile of admiration as he stared stoically ahead. You're brave, and you have a point too. In fact... you're right. I looked down at the paper in front of me. If you don't answer, then... it isn't lying. It isn't. With one finger, I pushed the paper a few centimetres away from me. There.

10.29.2007, 04:20 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The boy didn't react. He finished filling in the form and got out a book and buried his nose in it. Is he ignoring me deliberately? Feeling stupid I turned back to the form, finished filling it in and put my pen down. I glanced over at him again. Seisaku-san that was his name wasn't it? Well, he'd ignored me once, perhaps he wanted to be left alone.

I looked around the room wondering what others were doing.

10.29.2007, 05:28 PM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

AKURI-SENSEI

The end of homeroom bell sounded and I told the Satomi child to collect the papers. I watched him like a hawk as he did so, counting carefully and making notations as necessary. Without a second glance at them I put them in my bag. The door slid open and Takefumi-Sensei came in. I rose and went past him, nodding a greeting. At the door I stopped and looked down at the troublesome one.

“Return to your seat. Be at the Sensei’s lounge at the start of lunch break.” I held him with an icy gaze for a few seconds longer before departing.

10.30.2007, 06:06 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

TAKEFUMI-SENSEI

I slid the door rapidly open and walked briskly into class, throwing my bag carelessly down by the sensei’s desk. The homeroom teacher greeted me and left.

“Ohayo Gozaimasu class! Are we all well today? Everybody happy? Excellent! I hope you remember me, Takefumi Kensuke from last Friday. We should have met yesterday afternoon, but… never mind… So, you…” I pointed in a random direction and a girl’s face swam into focus beyond the end of my finger, “The square root of 30 is…?” She stood up and quickly gave an answer, “Good, now you…” Another random student, “State Pythagoras’ Theorem.” The boy stood and a little uncertainly did so, “Excellent!”

I turned and began to chalk an equation on the board, all the time talking, “The girl at the very back by the window, give me the definition of a prime number…” She did so, easily, “Easy that wasn’t it? Now give them to me – up to 53…” Very hesitantly she did so, faltering part way through at 31. I interrupted her,

“Boy at the very back by the door, help her out – continue to 53…”

And so it went on. I picked students rapidly and randomly, simply jerking their brains into activity, mental warming up. I finished my equation on the board.

“Right, note books out. Today we’re looking at Primes, in case you hadn’t guessed, take notes:

The fundamental theorem of arithmetic states that every positive integer larger than 1 can be written as a product of one or more primes in a unique way, i.e. unique except for the order. The same prime may occur multiple times. Primes can thus be considered the “basic building blocks” of the natural numbers. For example, we can write..."

23244 = 22 x 3 x 13 x140

"...and any other factorization of 23244 as the product of primes will be identical except for the order of the factors. There are many prime factorization algorithms to do this in practice for larger numbers.

The importance of this theorem is one of the reasons for the exclusion of 1 from the set of prime numbers. If 1 were admitted as a prime, the precise statement of the theorem would require additional qualifications...”

The lesson continued…

10.30.2007, 06:09 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

NARRATOR:

Takefumi-Sensei led the class through a mind-bending math lesson. This was followed by a double period of Home Economics and just before lunch, music which seemed to be popular among a lot of students in 1-A. There seemed to be an unusually large proportion of artistically gifted children in this class; music and the graphic arts and writing being favoured by many of them.

Then the lunch bell rang and the music class ended, the students packing away instruments or books and leaving the music room which was on the second floor of the second wing above the art department.

10.30.2007, 06:09 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

After the red-heads stint at being a hero we had maths, home economics and then music.
Music was fun as always. And then the bell rang.

I packed my stuff quickly and walked up to Kazuo who was still at his desk.
"So... whats going on between you and the sadist teacher?"

10.30.2007, 10:12 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks