QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Freaky Coincidences
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Freaky Coincidences » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  ]
cassierS
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by cassierS Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When I was younger, before my grandfather was even sick, I asked him if he was going to die. Soon after he got sick and passed away.

And small little things happen every other day, some of them so small I've gotten used to them. But my friend says that alot of the time her dreams come true.

Have any of you ever had a repeating dream since you were kids? I used to have one where I would have to run from everyone because I never new who was a human or a bear. Another dream that I kept on having was that a house that I had never been in but was apparently my home, was flooded and giagantic snakes were trying to kill us. Another time I was trapped in a dream, my mom had to wake me up.

02.26.2008, 12:27 AM cassierS is offline   Profile for cassierS Add cassierS to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i have a repeated dream... more like a nightmare, i always am running away from 2 or 3 Dobermans, through a forest, but i cant run! my legs are like weights and move so slowly.

Okay, kinda lame but my dad picked me up from work today, and for the whole car ride i had some Beatles song stuck in my head, then about half way through the car ride my dad flips on the radio and its the Exact same song that was stuck in my head on the Exact same line i was at in my head totally tripped me out

02.28.2008, 12:59 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Example of the law of averages: while editing my sociology paper I started with 3,770 words. After hacking up 25% of the paper, I sat at 3,573 words, but after digging into another 25%, i ended up with 3,770 words again. If i remain at 3,770 words by the end of the editing I will be shocked.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

03.01.2008, 12:38 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll just dig up this thread.

At the beginning of Physics, we were talking about Michael Jackson (don't ask me why). And we started wondering what age he would be. Some people said he must be in his fifties, and some said he couldn't be as old as that, so the teacher looked it up on Google. As it turns out, this is Michael Jackson's 50th birthday.

08.29.2008, 11:04 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hn..

- There was this really odd saying my friend told me, and I didn't understand what it meant. Later that day I was reading a Lemony Snicket novel and it explained it. o_O Most of those books seem to have weird coincidences whenever I read them..

08.29.2008, 11:07 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
- There was this really odd saying my friend told me, and I didn't understand what it meant. Later that day I was reading a Lemony Snicket novel and it explained it. o_O Most of those books seem to have weird coincidences whenever I read them..

Ooohh... Something like that happened to me too... My parents had some of their friends over for dinner one night when I was like, 13 (and these people think that they know everything. It's really annoying, bacause they only talk about themselves... ugghhhh) and they were talking and the husband said something about 'blah blah blah...next to last' and, having just finished the penultimate peril for like the 3rd time, i just blurted out for some reason, 'you mean penultimate?' and he just stopped and stared at me '...what did you say?' 'pen-ul-ti-mate. means next to last.' '.........how did you know that word?! Thats my favorite word! I use it all the time!!' Yup. That's what the guy said. And my father looked as though he was going to just jump up right there and give me a hug, he was so proud. And later he was like, 'you showed him!' Because the guy didnt think that a 13 year old kid would know such big words. pfft.
Oh, BTW another freaky coincidince. The Penultimate Peril came out on my birthday. So that was freaky. And The End came out a few days before my birthday the next year. So thats really creepy.... Whats it about october and lemony snicket...

Post last edited by animekittynya on 08.29.2008, 03:18 PM.

08.29.2008, 02:18 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by cassierS
When I was younger, before my grandfather was even sick, I asked him if he was going to die. Soon after he got sick and passed away.

And small little things happen every other day, some of them so small I've gotten used to them. But my friend says that alot of the time her dreams come true.

Have any of you ever had a repeating dream since you were kids? I used to have one where I would have to run from everyone because I never new who was a human or a bear. Another dream that I kept on having was that a house that I had never been in but was apparently my home, was flooded and giagantic snakes were trying to kill us. Another time I was trapped in a dream, my mom had to wake me up.

Yes, I had a repeating dream, but It didn't repeat forever. Anyway, It was about me going into a weird treehouse thing that wasn't even in a tree(if that makes any sense)and doing random crap. It was some sort of treehouse with super technoligy or something and I kept doing stuff with the buttons and crap.There was this door inside the treehouse, a white door, that was on the wall too high up for me too get too. There were no stairs or anything. I think in one dream I was going in the room behind the door but the dream ended before I could see what was inside. I might of actually saw what was behind the door in one dream although my memory is probably not exact. Yeah, it creeps me out...

Check out my music:

08.29.2008, 04:12 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finally got around to seeing Hellboy today. While watching it, it reminded me of a certain comic I have, BLAME! by Tsutomu Nihei.
Brilliant visuals, very good story. One of my faves.
Whiel the credits rolled I saw that Tsutomu Nihei was a visual consultant for Hellboy. How cool is that?

I guess it's not so mucha coincidence, but it's pretty awesome.

08.29.2008, 10:50 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ok, one time, i was talking on msn with my friend, and i saw she was taking a long time to type a message, and suddenly got the feeling she had to go and i typed in "Don't say you have to leave"
and straight after she sent the message "I have to leave now." without reading what i typed.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

08.29.2008, 11:14 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
[  «    1  2  3  4  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks