QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [**NO SIGS!**] ISAKAYA HIGH SCHOOL – RPG ONLY, THREAD #2
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions [**NO SIGS!**] ISAKAYA HIGH SCHOOL – RPG ONLY, THREAD #2 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
"If you go, if you turn away, a person's death will be meaningless. If you stay, their life will have had purpose. Maybe... maybe losing one person is an exchange for saving two others."

He's right. I didn't know how to respond.

"I..." I started, but I had no plan to finish the sentence. A hundred possible options whirled in front of my head. I chose the most daring.

I hugged him. Tightly.

"Okay," I said through tears. "I'm convinced."

09.16.2007, 04:09 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She came to me and pressed close. Arms around my neck. I stood, arms at my sides, not sure how I should react. She felt wonderful against me.

How can this person be ill? So much life in her, so much. So - let's not let it go out, hm? Let's make it burn so bright she won't have time to think about dark things. Yes, let's do that.

I saw a couple of senior students go by, holding hands. The girl smiled at me. The world was alright after all.

I slowly lifted my arms and put them on her, holding her to me. I squeezed. My face was down on her shoulder against her hair.

Hm, that crazy heap of hair which had been the first thing I'd noticed about her, my first gawky, stupid comment.

Hair was good. I liked hair. Especially Takako's. It smelled wonderful.

There was no need for words. But one. And like the first words I'd spoken to her, I spoke it into her hair:

"Arigato."

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.16.2007, 06:52 AM.

09.16.2007, 04:26 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

[Meanwhile...]

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed people picking up the crumbs. At least Sho had the right idea.

No... I deserve to get hell for it.

Wow, right again. You're getting good at this.

I had no idea what to do. I just sat there for a moment, wondering how I could have got everything so horribly wrong. I looked at Megumi and opened my mouth to say something, anything, but

Do you want to make things worse? The first thing anybody will think is that you two are planning how you can ruin everything for everyone else! If you'd listened to me, this would never have happened!

Listen to you? What did you ever tell me?

If you'd spoken to other people, then chances are, you'd have been standing over there shouting.

But I wouldn't want that either.

That's your problem. You don't know what you want.

I got up and walked out of the room. I didn't know what I was going to do, but I knew I couldn't try to make up for the mess I'd made, as that would be much the same as walking into a military camp with a target painted on my forehead.

So, uncertain of what I was doing, I wandered around vaguely, eventually ending up outside.

09.16.2007, 11:01 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
sho
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Nani!" I stood up and turned around and there, crouching and laughing, was a girl, giggling her head off..
She had brownish hair and wasn't very tall.

That was just weird. I actually didn't even know her.

"Um....Apparently you already know my name. So I won't introduce myself." I sat down again. Why was I running into the strangest girls?

Looking back up at the sky, I said, "The clouds are pretty today."

Post last edited by sho on 09.16.2007, 11:18 AM.

09.16.2007, 11:14 AM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"The clouds are pretty today."

No reaction? What's with that? The clouds were pretty but what kind of person says that the first time after meeting someone?

"Riiiight, so that's what you were looking at. And here I was under the misconception that it was the girl on the roof that had you so fascinated," I said sarcastically.

Then for safety measures, added, "Right, right. I know, it's none of my business. So, you always eat lunch alone?"

09.16.2007, 11:21 AM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, that wasn’t so bad. She didn’t slap you. And the cake was inedible anyway, all squashed. It tasted nice but… I couldn’t have eaten it. Cake. Hmmm… now there’s an idea…

I leaned my chair on its back legs and then tilted my head right back over. Hibiki-san was behind me, upside down. I smiled at him but this way up it probably looked like a grimace. He looked very down, grumpy. Then he stood up and walking on the ceiling went out the room.

I sat up and set my chair down.

No way is he going to go off into his own little world again. Quiet and easily discouraged he might be, but he’s still cute.

I grabbed my lunch bag and got up and went out after him. He wandered around the corridors for a bit and then went outside the front entrance and down the steps, turning right. I followed. Down by the benches there I called out to him.

“Oi! Wait up!” I ran up to him, “Hey, why the rush? And the main thing. What do we do to fix that? Any ideas?”

Post last edited by ..Ayami.. on 09.22.2007, 05:57 PM.

09.16.2007, 12:22 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
“Oi! Wait up!”

I stopped, but I didn't turn round. I just wasn't in the mood.

quote:
“Hey, why the rush? And the main thing. What do we do to fix that? Any ideas?”

I heard something, but I wasn't listening. Good. You don't want to make things worse.

I kept on walking. I knew she was following me, but I didn't really care.

Tell her to leave you alone. Then you can go and try to sort things out yourself.

So I stopped, turned round, and said, as if nothing had happened at all, "er... what were you saying a moment ago?"

09.16.2007, 12:30 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It was an odd turn of events, all right. Especially since this boy, Icchan, seemed to have become another person during lunchtime, if his current actions were any indication. I raised my eyebrow towards Kazuo, who must also have been dazed by the past few minutes, but I decided to put the thoughts away for now. There was nothing to be gained from keeping this tension continuing.

Mai asked if we should all head over to the library. I eyed her nervously, giving a sort of "Are you sure you're all right?" look, and the look I received seemed to indicate that she was, and that she wanted me to take direction.

"Er....okay..." I said, having an urge to laugh, feeling like I was commanding a little group of explorers, "...let's go, then."

We headed over to the library, which I was familiar with but neither of the others were, it seemed.

Just like last time, the large room housed a few students studying diligently by different tables. Music, philosophy, history, and arts all shared large portions of the shelves, and just like last time, there was the "RESTRICTED" section in one corner.

"Right", I said towards Mai and the others. I felt a bit awkward addressing Icchan as I had never spoken to him before, as I glanced towards him while speaking. "Well, I suppose I should go and check my book request....."

I walked towards the librarian desk where there were two older students behind the table. I couldn't tell whether they recognized me or not, but I caught their attention and asked, "Hi....I filled out a request for one of the restricted books, do you know if it's been accepted?"

Post last edited by Theowne on 09.16.2007, 06:50 PM.

09.16.2007, 01:04 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne
"Er....okay...let's go, then."

I let out a small sigh of relief as Yuichi-san happily took charge of the situation. Hopefully we could have a bit of normality now. Libraries were full of quiet corners. They had always been my refuge.

quote:
I filled out a request for one of the restricted books, do you know if it's been accepted?

A restricted book? What could that be?

I frowned and looked at Yuichi-san questioningly. What did he want with a restricted book?

My Anime List

09.16.2007, 01:19 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LIBRARIAN:

It was quiet this lunchtime. The year had only just begun and no-one was under pressure for exams yet. Which is why I was so surprised to see no less than four students, freshmen it looked like, come in. One of them seemed to be the group leader and the others hung back nervously. They looked for all the world like some comic-book kids gang. A foreign guy, maybe a Korean or an Indian, a really cute girl who would have been even cuter if she’d not looked like she’d just been crying and an albino. I looked away from him, I thought he’d be pretty fed up with being stared at.

The ‘leader’ spoke, asking for a book he’d requested on Friday from the restricted section.

“Of course. What was the name?”

He told me.

“Uhm, let’s see. Oh, yes, here we are. Ah, this looks a weird one. And there’s a card left in the front for you. Now you can’t take this one out of the room and I’m going to ask you to look at it over there where you’re visible from the front desk here. Is that okay? Now, if you’d just sign for it please.”

The boy signed the requests book and I checked the signature against the original request. Yes, it was him.

I handed over the rather dusty and decrepit loose bound manuscript.

09.16.2007, 01:40 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Arigato."

"Arigato," I whispered back.

We stayed that way for some time. I felt him breathing... in, and out. That slow pulse was all that there was.

Is this what she would have felt like?

I listening to just the sound of his breathing, with the pale background of schoolyard noise. Footsteps, shouting, the wind picking up. All distractions seemed to fade away, and my troubles faded with them. I felt safe.

Eventually I let go. It just wasn't necessary... the feeling could last, even without contact. I was rejuvenated, recharged. I'm alive.

I can carry that strength with me.

"Feel like having lunch?" I asked with a smile.

09.16.2007, 02:45 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
sho
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Actually, yes." I replied, "But if you want to join me I don't mind."

I looked at her again. She was quite a mystery to me.
I put my arms behind my head and lied down.

When life gives you lemons, make lemon juice, I thought.
Life sure as heck was giving me the strangest lemons in the world.

Trying to think of something to say, I asked,
"So...what brings you to this school?"

Post last edited by sho on 09.16.2007, 05:54 PM.

09.16.2007, 04:52 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
"Arigato"
And at that softly whispered word I merely hugged her tighter.

I'm never going to let you go. I don't care what happens, or what you think of me. This is how it should be...

Her arms loosed from me and she made to move back. I let her go. That was good. She knew when to hold tight. And to let go. I let go. Letting go was right. Freedom to choose some space was as good as freedom to press close. I felt a strong hope burn in me. We work together. We understand. This is right...

And then I saw her eyes. For the first time. You know, I'm a big fan of hair. But I could be an even bigger fan of eyes...

quote:
"Feel like having lunch?"
"Hm," I nodded like an idiot, "As long as it's with you. I feel like running up Mount Fuji. Or sitting a hundred detentions. Or going up to Akuri-sensei and telling him to use a stronger toothpaste... Oh, didn't I tell you? His breath absolutely stinks! Isn't that hilarious?" I grinned at her, "If you are here I can do anything. Lunch? Hm, yeah... how much of that pear is left?"

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.16.2007, 05:29 PM.

09.16.2007, 05:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

"Don't worry, I meant with you." I was still smiling. I couldn't help myself. I was happy. He's talking like he's practically lost his mind. That's okay. I know what he means.

"There's still most of it left. I've only had a bite."

I took another bite anyway, just for good measure. I have to make sure it's still fresh...

Post last edited by Mush on 09.16.2007, 06:34 PM.

09.16.2007, 06:34 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

She was smiling at me like... I don't know how to describe it. Like she meant it... like there wasn't a single false thought in her entire being. Like pure emotion filled her. Pure truth.

She looked exactly like I felt.

I just stood there grinning at her like a total fool.

I... I feel like... I... I'm new. Totally new.

I couldn't even form coherent thoughts. All I could do was be happy, so I hugged her again, squeezing like my life depended on how close her mind understood mine. It wasn't about bodies it was about demonstrating something. My fierce hug ended and she spoke again. About that silly pear.

quote:
"I've only had a bite."
But then she bit the pear again, as if to prove or disprove some nonesense to me. I didn't know what she was doing and I didn't really care. I reached for her wrist and gently holding it, lifted it and the pear her hand held and took a bite.

Her teeth have been here. Her lips. Her...

Juice dribbled down my chin and I lifted my cuff to wipe it, lifting her wrist and hand with it.

I was still grinning.

Suddenly her knuckles were in front of my face. Making sure the pear juice had gone I moved. It lasted only a second but my mouth touched her knuckles.

Then breaking away and smiling I said:

"Hai! I'm starving, let's go back to class! Come on! Run!" and holding her wrist and laughing I ran.

09.16.2007, 06:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I took the book from the librarian and I headed towards the table along with my "band of explorers". I noticed a postcard sticking out of one end and read it as I walked. On one side was a picture of a hospital with the words "“Minatama Byouin 1861”". I read through the card and raised my eyebrows.

Now this was certainly interesting........the card said not to share it's contents with anyone. I looked at the group beside me.....I trusted Mai, of course, but Kazuo and Icchan, I had only known for a few hours. Would it be sensible to show them, when this card seemed so strict about it's secrecy? Better play it safe, I thought, and only show Mai. So I let Kazuo and Icchan get slightly ahead towards the table and then passed the postcard along to Mai, giving her a furtive expression, hoping she would understand.

We reached the table and I took the bound manuscript and laid it on the table. "Well, this is it," I said. "You can see why I was curious about it." Indeed, it looked just as rusty, old, and oddly mysterious as it had when I first had seen it. Upon closer inspection I could tell that it wasn't really a book - it looked more like an original writing, perhaps a post-grad thesis.

I opened it to the first page.

Isakaya – A History
By
Professor Ibuki Sagisu

I began reading, trying to allow the others to see the book as well, though it was difficult with four people, and I read aloud the main points as I kept going.

"It was built in 1959 and underwent a major renovation in 1980. It is built on the site of All Souls Hospital “Minatama Byouin” which was destroyed by bombing in June 1945. The site lay derelict from 1945 to 1957 when construction started." "

I paused to look a the group around me -

"Wow," I said, "There sure is an interesting history to this place.....What do you all think?"

Post last edited by Theowne on 09.16.2007, 08:44 PM.

09.16.2007, 07:36 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yuichi spoke with the libranian and after signing a piece of paper, he returned with the old manuscript. No wonder he was intrigued by it. It looks like something a person would want to touch, explore. I was surprised that the libranian had handed over the book to Yuichi so easily. From what he had told me it, it seemed as if it should have been harder, especially when Akuri-sensei was the one who's permission we needed. However that surprise was nothing compared to what I felt when as we headed for a table, Yuichi started walking beside and deliberately slowed his pace. I matched his pace and let the other two get ahead of us while giving him an inquiring look. He didn't answer but he handed me a postcard, which had probably come from the book. Puzzled as I was, I picked up on his furtive expression. Obviously, it was something he wanted to keep from the others. But why?

We reached the table and sat down. I was itching to look at the postcard but waited patiently until the others were completely preoccupied with the book. Then I lowered my eyes to my lap, where the postcard was out of everyone's sight and read the back.

quote:
"You were very quick, I'm impressed. You'll go far, Hasumi. I have been instructed from a very senior level not to let you see this but I think you might find a use for it's contents. I also think Takako would like to know as well. So I'm doing this for her. I think I owe her one, eh? No-one else in the school is to know about this and this will be the only time you'll be given permission to withdraw this particular book. So now we have a little understanding. Destroy this card; a week's detention if you don't.

-Akuri Kousei."

Akuri-sensei? But why was he...? This made no sense. And Aoi-chi, what does this have to do with her? Despite the disarray of thoughts that were spinning in my head, there was one that stood out. Yuichi wasn't supposed to share this with anyone other than Aoi-chi but he had trusted me. Being trusted feels nice, I thought to myself before surreptitiously flipping the postcard over to look at the reverse side.

When my brain registered what the picture was, I barely remembered not to gasp outloud. I recognized the picture right away. It was the building from the art textbook. The words "Minatama Byouin 1861" were written on one side. I knew there was something weird about this school...but what exactly is it? The image of the mural came rushing to my mind. Of course! It had been there too. I'll have to tell Yuichi the first chance I get.

I turned my attention back to Yuichi who was now reading out passages from the manuscript and it was all fitting perfectly with the painting.

There were two more things that were bothering me. Aoi-chi. Akuri-sensei had mentioned her the postcard and with her came the shadow. There had been shadows on the mural and in that painting too and I bet anything there'll be something about them in this book as well. After all, why else would what seemed like a book on the history of this book be restricted material.
I wasn't sure if Icchan knew any more about this but I decided to play innocent for now.

quote:

"Wow, there sure is an interesting history to this place.....What do you all think?"

So when Yuichi asked what we thought about it, I merely posed the question, "Interesting as it is, why would a book about school history be restricted? That's what I'd like to know."

[Er yeah, Tanaka saw it, she's just being a forgettful little dolt...]

Post last edited by fenkashi on 09.17.2007, 02:09 AM.

09.16.2007, 10:46 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For the second time today, my eyes must have looked like it was going to pop out.

All the better to scare you, my dear.

"Sorry, let me see that for a moment," I said slowly. I didn't wait for Hasumi to give me the book; I pushed down a corner of the book so that it was more visible and read the whole passage- twice.

"This isn't interesting; this is disturbing," I finally said. I glanced at my watch. "Not enough time," I mumbled to myself.

I hadn't realized that everyone was staring at me by then.

"I think I may know why it's restricted, Tanaka-san."

"But I'll explain later. Hasumi-san, please continue, there's not much time left for lunch break. Yes, this is very important."

[EDIT: I just realized that Tanaka never actually saw the page in the art book. Only Seisaku and Sho saw it.]
[EDIT2: Correction, I never SHOWED her the page. So fenkashi, your call on this.]

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 09.17.2007, 06:00 AM.

09.16.2007, 11:38 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Mush
Baron

quote:
Hai! I'm starving, let's go back to class! Come on! Run!

He took my wrist and led me, running, through the schoolyard toward the entrance. I laughed and followed him. It felt like I was twelve years old; running through green fields for no purpose other than the sake of movement. Just to experience the sheer joy of vitality.

We ran past the dazzled passersby, his hand leading me by my wrist. The fresh spring air whipped by.

But I was fifteen, and my body couldn't keep up with my ambition. It wasn't long before I was short of breath and slowing both of us down. We had only reached the entranceway. It's a good thing I didn't have to run those laps in PE...

I started coughing, and had to slow to a walk. Sadoru kept his hand on mine, and slowed down with me. I smiled to Sadoru apologetically.

This isn't weakness. It's just an obstacle.

09.17.2007, 02:22 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Hibiki-san
"er... what were you saying a moment ago?"

I stared at him. I put my hands on my hips and wondered what was wrong.

is he ill?

"What is wrong with you? Five minutes ago we were laughing and joking and having fun in the class - you were being funny and now you're... just odd, like someone else. What the heck IS IT with you?"

I paused. Oh, maybe he is unwell?

"Look, I have my lunch here. Have you got yours? No? Want to share?"

Post last edited by ..Ayami.. on 09.22.2007, 05:59 PM.

09.17.2007, 02:30 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks