QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Cures to Bordeom
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Cures to Bordeom Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
seasprite
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.22.08
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seasprite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi, i`m new and don`t know where you all found your cool anime/manga avatars,my sign on is aclue to my living----any suggestions?

03.24.2008, 02:24 PM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The very first time I hit the button. Ooh, shiver down the spine time!

A-ha ha, this is fun.

"Can Sadoru be a bad influence?" - ask Mai!

"Ever slept in the same room with Aoi?" - um...

"What would you do without Icchan?" - oh, man, don't tempt me!

"If Takeo and Kazuo were locked in the same (very small) room for more than a day, what would happen?"

Oh, I love this. Great find Arren!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.24.2008, 02:31 PM.

03.24.2008, 02:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
seasprite
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.22.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seasprite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

saddle tank huh? you into old locomotion?

03.24.2008, 02:29 PM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yup

And the avatars are mostly cropped anime characters.

You should start a "Hi I'm new" thread, everyone will welcome you then.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.24.2008, 02:32 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

I would run away as fast as I could. If I didn't he would kiss me!

Glad you're enjoying it.

03.24.2008, 02:35 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha I love this thing! I left a space free and one of the questions I got was:

5. Godzilla is actually sanfan in disguise you know.

That isnt even a question? Funny though

EDIT: if your bored watch this http://www.funnyjunk.com/movies/1214/Lego+Death+Star+Cafe/

made me laugh pretty dam hard.

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 03.24.2008, 02:41 PM.

03.24.2008, 02:40 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

bored??? hmmmmmmmmm...

When I'm bored,
And tired and lazy,
I grab a book
That's not too hazy.

Fix a drink,
Kick back the recliner,
May-be its 'bout
A big oceanliner.

A naval destroyer
Would be nice, too,
But there's no ports
In Kalamazoo.

Could be a western,
So grab a horse.
Go yippee-ki-o
Until I go hoarse.

If the weather outside,
Is cozy and warm,
Jump on the 'cycle,
Try to come to no harm.

Other drivers out here
Are crazy and wild,
Makes driving in Yoko
Seem pretty mild.

I've run out of words
So that's all for now,
Now what can I do
With this damn ol' cow?

(I did have a Japanese drivers license when I was in Japan. Drove the family Mustang. Interesting experience.)

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.25.2008, 01:46 AM.

03.25.2008, 01:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
"Ever slept in the same room with Aoi?"
Ooh, I did!

03.25.2008, 02:53 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My cyber-self plans to! Woot!

Haha, a lovely way to waste time Arren, thankies for the link

03.25.2008, 05:56 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Einstein dies and goes to heaven. At the Pearly Gates, Saint Peter tells him, "You look like Einstein, but you have NO idea the lengths that some people will go to sneak into Heaven. Can you prove who you really are?"

Einstein ponders for a few seconds and asks, "Could I have a blackboard and some chalk?"

Saint Peter snaps his fingers and a blackboard and chalk instantly appear. Einstein proceeds to describe with arcane mathematics and symbols his theory of relativity.

Saint Peter is suitably impressed. "You really ARE Einstein!" he says, "Welcome to heaven!"

The next to arrive is Picasso. Once again, Saint Peter asks for credentials.

Picasso asks, "Mind if I use that blackboard and chalk?"

Saint Peter says, "Go ahead."

Picasso erases Einstein's equations and sketches a truly stunning mural with just a few strokes of chalk.

Saint Peter claps. "Surely you are the great artist you claim to be!" he says. "Come on in!"

Then Saint Peter looks up and sees George W. Bush. Saint Peter scratches his head and says, "Einstein and Picasso both managed to prove their identity. How can you prove yours?"

George W. looks bewildered and says, "Who are Einstein and Picasso?"

Saint Peter sighs and says, "Come on in, George."

03.27.2008, 09:03 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, do what I did today, read the entire "Ghibli, Miyazaki News, etc" thread.....

naw, I'm not bored. I'm happy to find something else to do.... lol really! I am!

BTW, good joke, Theowne

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.28.2008, 04:22 PM.

03.28.2008, 04:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

bush is the american president right?
heh, ive heard that joke, cept we used our priminister, johnny , instead. thank god that mr.sheen spokesman look-alike is gone, now we got kev, a tin-tin look alike!

anyway, a good boredom killer ive always liked getting pics off the iternet and putting funny captions in em, like wtfbqq and stuff.ah, god times....

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

03.28.2008, 08:41 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
husky51
The Old Guy

anyway, a good boredom killer ive always liked getting pics off the iternet and putting funny captions in em, like wtfbqq and stuff.ah, god times.... (harmony)

hahaha, OK, my age is showing again, plus I don't like to text, except when my son writes...

wtfbqq

I think I know what the 'wtf' means, but what the heck does 'bqq' mean....

thank you very much...

03.29.2008, 12:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

http://www.ikariam.org/

I just discovered this today and can imagine it would be quite addictive. Its a cross between Villagers and Total War and is set in a quasi-ancient Greek style timeframe. You own 1 settlement on 1 island that can potentially have up to 14 settlenments on it. There are dozens of islands on the planet. Each planet is one online game world. There are many worlds. I'm currently building a settlement called 'Rhayader' on the island of 'Gidios' on the 'Beta' world. To have a chance of finding me you'd need to create an account in this same world.

Its a free game, and is browser-based so you download nothing. Its a game of resource development and management, trade, diplomacy and military or colonial conquest. If a few of us joined the same 'Beta' world it might be rather fun.

Maybe I'll meet some of you online?

04.16.2008, 05:51 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://pyrogoth.deviantart.com/art/maya-catch-86595982

05.31.2008, 04:41 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

http://www.titane.ca/concordia/dfar251/igod/main.html

06.10.2008, 05:03 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ghibli Tavern! LOL!

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 06.10.2008, 05:28 PM.

06.10.2008, 05:25 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
arren18
Administrator

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/444899

As odd and fun as it sounds.

06.21.2008, 01:49 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I tried out the meme thing with the Isakaya characters and... holy cow... [link to screenshot]

My Anime List

06.21.2008, 02:03 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami [link to screenshot]

NO.

06.21.2008, 02:04 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks