QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Isakaya High School - Tech Discussion ONLY
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Isakaya High School - Tech Discussion ONLY » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

seems like a good idea, i was thinking i we could get the avatars that im making slowly, to be the only pictures appear then we would have a nice 'mood' for lack of a better term. but i would hate to have to remove my sigs.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.01.2007, 07:21 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, I thought of that. Having their character pix as avatars would be cool but some ppl might wanna keep their usual one, we tend to 'know' them via that picture too.

As sigs wouldn't work would it? For the reason you give. I don't especially want to delete my sigs from all my posts elsewhere either which is what substituting the sig image would do.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.01.2007, 07:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm a bit confused over some of the exchanges in the Role-Playing thread, especially between C-D-B and Saddletank. Maybe we should establish some sort of ground rule about writing other people's actions/reactions? Seems a bit odd to have one person say about another person, "and then he gulped and broke out into a sweat" and then the actual person says "so I shrugged it off". You know what I mean?

Post last edited by Theowne on 08.01.2007, 08:42 PM.

08.01.2007, 08:40 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah true, theowne, good point, umm i guess we can sort that out.

as for saddles point, perhaps we can just edit the first post in the thread with all of our pictures to use them as reference.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.01.2007, 09:13 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne
I'm a bit confused over some of the exchanges in the Role-Playing thread, especially between C-D-B and Saddletank. Maybe we should establish some sort of ground rule about writing other people's actions/reactions? Seems a bit odd to have one person say about another person, "and then he gulped and broke out into a sweat" and then the actual person says "so I shrugged it off". You know what I mean?

Yes. I have PM'd C-D-B over this. Basically usual role-playing rules apply. All a player can only is:

1) Say something.
2) Do something.
3) Go somewhere.
4) Think something. Although this last adds atmosphere and depth to the story or character, please bear in mind that the other players are not telepathic and cannot do anything based on what you're thinking. Yes we as forum members can read the text but as role-players we can't do squat with that information - except use it to enhance our own responses. That's what roleplaying is. Limiting yourself to play within a role.

Also:

5) No putting emotions, feelings or actions onto other characters as that limits that players freedom of action. YOU can do things, you can't make OTHERS do them or think them.
6) Also please DO NOT enter the game and then invent a previously existing relationship between your character and another players character. That also limits the freedom of action of that other player. It's bad roleplaying etiquette.

I have asked C-D-B to edit his two posts so that exchange did not take place - sure he can pick a fight within the time-frame of the game but he can't stage my response nor can he say we know each other previously, its terribly unfair on that other player.

Also starting a physical encounter under the gaze of this sensei we have now is likely to earn yourself a detention when J L Jones next comes back. So THINK about where you are in-game and who can see what you're doing.

By all means you can structure the game this way but if you want to stage a special exchange (or agree an existing relationship) between your character and another then PM them FIRST and get their agreement to it. And then of course the two (or more) of you can milk that situation for all you can get from it. But it must be a 2-player thing not one player saying "the other player did this...".

It looks like we have some people here who have never role-played before. If you haven't (I've done tons and tons of it both in costume and with pencil and paper and dice) then just play the game cool for a bit and see how the other players do it, then join in when you're more confident.

Players should assume that any future posts that go against the guidelines 1-6 above don't exist at all.

Sorry folks to be harsh about this but we will get a better game for all concerned if we give each other full freedom of action.

Also there is a plot here now, it will be developed but it may be slow at first. Most good anime don't give you much plot in episode one of a 13 or 26 episode story, just hints to begin with. I don't want the plot to be a major thing yet either, we still have to get to know each other.

08.01.2007, 09:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

is this convo leading to the creation of an anime

08.01.2007, 11:13 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think after mentioning the mysterious mark in the RP thread, I ought to say that Hibiki believes in the paranormal.

08.02.2007, 06:41 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Farren
is this convo leading to the creation of an anime

No, we are roleplaying. But we are role-playing in an anime high school universe. Read the roleplaying thread - or this one, its all explained for you. You are very welcome to join in, just read the threads through so you understand the situation. Choose and name your character - must be a 15 year old high school student(*), gender is your choice, as is physical appearance (must be normal human but can be quirky) and choose a few basic personality traits. List them here - see Roarkillers post that lists the players we have so far. Then please join in - if you've not roleplayed before play it quietly at first and see how the other players interact and then join in the action when you feel confident.

(*)You could, if you wish be another teacher or the school doctor or something like that but a student would be best, we need a lot of students so the interaction intensifies.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.02.2007, 07:02 AM.

08.02.2007, 07:00 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Imperfection
Calcifer

Registration Date: 07.25.07
  Search for Posts by Imperfection Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it alright if I do a complete bioography of my character, including the past and some of the present?

08.02.2007, 03:22 PM Imperfection is offline   Profile for Imperfection Add Imperfection to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

iu think we should go back and plan before we start the rpg. we are confusing ourselfves, mayube we need UO to delete the thread and start again once we are all on board.

Click for Gallery^^

08.02.2007, 03:24 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I'm fairly happy with what we have, but if other people want to start afresh, that's okay. We could suggest to UO that a section be made for the RP, in which we can have different threads for different scenes, so as not to clutter up one thread.

08.02.2007, 03:30 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Imperfection
Calcifer

Search for Posts by Imperfection Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree with you, otherwise we won't know who's doing what etc.

08.02.2007, 03:30 PM Imperfection is offline   Profile for Imperfection Add Imperfection to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

yeah a new whole section would be nice for that. I think he said that he might have wanted to make anew fourm. if that happens that would be a good addtion.

Click for Gallery^^

08.02.2007, 04:07 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think what we have is absolutely fine. A plot has begun and I don't really want to see that lost. The only hiccup so far was with what characters can and can't do and has been taken care of and our one remaining hiccup is that J L Jones is the sensei and he's now apparently gone on holiday. So what I'll do is roleplay a senior teacher and call our sensei out for a meeting and he'll declare a study period.

That means our student characters can interact a bit more freely.

I'll PM J L Jones to tell him not to bring the teacher back in too soon. I'll give him leeway to be a student if he wishes. That might be better I think in the long run.

Imperfection - really you don't need to write out a long bio. Its not necessary - by all means write one out for yourself for your personal use but I have found in the past that a bio just restricts what you can do - try and be a character that is unlike your real self, that's the fun of roleplaying is being able to do and be something you're not in everyday life. If you do a long bio most people won't even read it and few will remember it.

08.02.2007, 04:39 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Imperfection
Calcifer

Ok thanks Saddletank, but I'm gonna be myself sortof, have to be otherwise I can't write anything but thanks for the advice.

08.02.2007, 05:11 PM Imperfection is offline   Profile for Imperfection Add Imperfection to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm quite happy with our current setup, actually. I don't think we need to start again.

Oh, but I should let you know that I'm going to be away from friday to monday, and I don't know if I'll have internet access. If I don't, just pretend that I'm on a bathroom break or something

08.02.2007, 07:31 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Sure, no prob. I think it would be good for people who are going to be offline for more than, say 24 hours, to put a post here and then at once put a post up in the RP thread saying they put their hand up ask permission to go to the washroom and then just leave the room.

I think we should have THE WASHROOM as our official room you go when you can't be online and playing!

As the game develops we'll have new rooms created with a thread for each. So far I can think of:

LOCKERS (for changing shoes and leaving sports bags and of course love letters),

QUAD (for punch ups and general louder forms of relaxing),

STUDY BENCHES (by the paths and bushes and under the sakura trees - places to study or for love to blossom),

GYM - for all you strapping jocks to show off your physical prowess,

FACULTY OFFICE aka teachers room - might be useful,

RESOURCES ROOM aka LIBRARY - would be useful I think as a place to get info - look things up in a book and PM me to learn what you find out.

BIKE SHEDS - for smoking, bullying, extortion of dinner money and anything else you can think of.

OUTSIDE 1-A IN THE CORRIDOR - a general place to gather away from teachers but still a teacher controlled area (so no fighting or making out for example).

We could also have various CLUB ROOMS for after school hours.

The NURSES OFFICE may have a function as the plot develops.

When a player wants to first go to a new room, PM me and I'll create the thread (I'm online a lot so there shouldn't be a significant delay) and I'll do a 1-line post saying which player is there. And then you post there your main post as to why you're there.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.02.2007, 09:10 PM.

08.02.2007, 07:54 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I should join soon, but I need to read it again.(I got the person planned out to act like, but I need to read this over. I don't exactly know how to convert my name to Japanese, except for two other names I have, but ones for a comic and one I don't use.)

08.02.2007, 09:20 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Ray15
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Search for Posts by Ray15 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
I think I should join soon, but I need to read it again.(I got the person planned out to act like, but I need to read this over. I don't exactly know how to convert my name to Japanese, except for two other names I have, but ones for a comic and one I don't use.)

I need your help on helping me with making a character, i dont understand it really I know its roll playing but what we're supposed to do

Thanks for the Sig #1 Sanfan

08.02.2007, 09:21 PM Ray15 is offline   Profile for Ray15 Add Ray15 to your buddy list Send an Email to Ray15 AIM Screenname: ryanclms YIM Screenname: Ryan Weaver
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ray15
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

I need your help on helping me with making a character, i dont understand it really I know its roll playing but what we're supposed to do

Did you read all this? Hm, I'll explain once I read it again.^^
I'd draw out all the characters too. But I don't have a scanner..And my styles been chibified. May be why I made my character like my Addy one.(different, but alike with something.)

08.02.2007, 09:25 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks