QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you doing right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What are you doing right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
I dont have RE in my school.. THANK GOD (pun intended!! )
when im 21, I will go to nepal.. (maybe.. )

10.07.2006, 06:32 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, it does depend on the teaching. I've learnt all of the major religions, but even so, the 'text-book' religion taught in schools is so far from practical religion in real life that simply learning religion in school only paints a small fraction of religion's picture...

Oh, and JRR, what's going to Nepal when you're 21 got to do with anything? Is it the ethinic and religious diversity you want to see? I'd love to go there too, anyway

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

Post last edited by Phyrra on 10.07.2006, 06:38 AM.

10.07.2006, 06:37 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
furs
Totoro

Registration Date: 09.23.06
  Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gosh JRR. Why wait to go there ten years from now? Go there earlier!

(notice the pun in that?)

@Phyrra: Yeah, i agree with you about school's limited teaching about religion. But then again, school mostly teach the practice and the "facts" around it. It's false hope to expect schools to teach the philosophical part of it, there are just too many sensitive and debateable matters for them to go that road.

Post last edited by furs on 10.07.2006, 08:47 PM.

10.07.2006, 08:46 PM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
Nope furs, i didnt notice the pun!!
BTW, the coolest inhabitants of Nepal are definitely Mountain Goats!

10.08.2006, 10:01 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Very true furs. At my school we have trips to temples and listen to speakers, which helps to throw the philisophical slant on the facts.

Right now I'm eating some malteasers after watching the special features on my Fruits Basket DVD

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

10.08.2006, 11:23 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Right now i'm browsing the forum, thinking and being bored per usual lol.

10.08.2006, 11:25 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
Ive never seen fruitsbasket, what is it about!!
ATm im alking to you phyrra!!

10.08.2006, 11:25 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
totorogirl
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.30.06
  Search for Posts by totorogirl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm finishing laundry (yeah, I'm the "old" one) and reading some of the forums. You guys are pretty cool.

10.08.2006, 10:04 PM totorogirl is offline   Profile for totorogirl Add totorogirl to your buddy list Send an Email to totorogirl AIM Screenname: akachocobabe
furs
Totoro

Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm preparing dinner. Kinda have a bad feeling on what i'm cooking. It has all potential to go bad. But let's see.

10.09.2006, 01:42 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm watching "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" on DVD, but soon to switch to "Dead Ringers" on UKTV because they're both COOL.

Oh... And I'm looking for a new job. And writing a novel.

And I think going to Nepal is a wicked idea, JRR.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

10.09.2006, 01:56 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
what is your novel about, if I may ask!!
i will go to Japan first though.. FO SHO!!

10.09.2006, 03:14 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
furs
Totoro

Charlie and the chocolate Factory made me crave for more chocs now. I blame Little Tanuki.

10.09.2006, 04:01 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Snakebite
Ohmu

Search for Posts by Snakebite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Once again in a lesson being sly as can be, Not!!!!!

10.09.2006, 07:09 AM Snakebite is offline   Profile for Snakebite Add Snakebite to your buddy list Homepage of Snakebite
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What I'm doing right now is wondering how come
FMA only comes on Friday, it's getting good.

10.09.2006, 09:14 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oops. Something wrong with my internet connection. I think I accidentally posted twice. So ignore this one.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

Post last edited by Little Tanuki on 10.12.2006, 02:52 AM.

10.12.2006, 02:50 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
YO!!

About a reluctant witch and her cat.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

10.12.2006, 02:51 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!!
children, adult, fat, big, serious, funny????
WHAT??? TELL ME!!!

10.12.2006, 05:01 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Little Tanuki
quote:
Originally posted by JRR
YO!!

About a reluctant witch and her cat.

It already reminds me of Kiki's Delivery Service.

10.12.2006, 11:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Pendragon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.12.06
  Search for Posts by Pendragon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm watching news

Howl avatar made by ushitora Thanks!

10.13.2006, 12:37 PM Pendragon is offline   Profile for Pendragon Add Pendragon to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Staring at the computer screen wishing i was somewhere else

Post last edited by Feel_the_Light on 10.13.2006, 01:50 PM.

10.13.2006, 01:49 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks