QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What are you listening to right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra
Little White Shadows... Coldplay... X & Y

This is a really vague question, but can anyone recommend some J-pop, in particular, the kind that is used in animés?

Like Melissa from Full Metal Alchemist... or that theme from Onmyou Taisenki...

I know that J-pop is an enormous genre, but do you have any favourites that I could get for my Birthday?

Thanks

Okay, I don't really know what the "J-pop" genre is....how stupid of me, but I do have some favorite anime songs...I'll list them for you..sorry if their the wrong genre, and that you don't enjoy them as much as I do because you have different interests....^_^;;; Hee Hee

Memories from One Piece sung by Maki Ohtsuki or something...

Kesenai Tsumi from Full Metal Alchemist

Tomorrow from Full Metal Panic

Emotion by Tanaka Rie

Sore Ga Ai Deshou and Kimi ni Fuke Kaze from Full Metal Panic Fumoffu

and stuff...so yeah.

LOLz.....^.^

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

07.06.2006, 09:34 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
LittleWing
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.05
  Search for Posts by LittleWing Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Strokes - 12:51

ROCK ON!

"When you're old, all you want to do is stare at the scenery.
It's so strange. I've never felt so peaceful before."

07.06.2006, 10:26 PM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Brave-Nichole Nordeman...I luv this song! ^.^

07.06.2006, 10:56 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing - Arriving somewhere but not here

07.07.2006, 10:56 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
This is a really vague question, but can anyone recommend some J-pop, in particular, the kind that is used in animés?

This isn't exactly J-pop, but you might know them. If you have any Manga DVD's, all the Manga film trailers have music by a band called Mad Capsule Markets, and the album is called OSC-DIS. This album is even advertised at the end of the Manga trailer reel. The music is best described as digital-hardcore-thrash-punk-pop from Japan! I think it's one of the greatest albums EVER made!
If it's proper j-pop you want, you can't go wrong with Puffy Amiyumi! They do the theme tune to Teen Titans (I love that song!) and to the Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi Show(that cartoon blows!).

As for what I'm listening to, it's Stacy's Mom by Fountains Of Wayne from the Welcome Interstate Managers album.

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 07.07.2006, 11:21 AM.

07.07.2006, 11:20 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Mexican Wine by Fountains of Wayne...it's an interesting song....

07.07.2006, 05:14 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay sun, we were listening to the same album!! Mexican Wine is a great song...one's of my faves songs of theirs is 'Radiation Vibe', out about 10 years ago!! I remember buying the single...god I'm old!!

At the mo, I'm listening to an old single called Ginger by a band called David Devant And His Spirit Wife !!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 07.07.2006, 07:01 PM.

07.07.2006, 07:01 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
LittleWing
Ohmu

Search for Posts by LittleWing Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Keane - Atlantic, from the new album Under The Iron Sea.

I love it.

07.07.2006, 09:59 PM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
~eef~
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.13.06
Search for Posts by ~eef~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rupert holmes - escape (the pina colada song)
lol! >_<

07.08.2006, 08:05 AM ~eef~ is offline   Profile for ~eef~ Add ~eef~ to your buddy list Send an Email to ~eef~
Sunchaser
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
Yay sun, we were listening to the same album!! Mexican Wine is a great song...one's of my faves songs of theirs is 'Radiation Vibe', out about 10 years ago!! I remember buying the single...god I'm old!!

At the mo, I'm listening to an old single called Ginger by a band called David Devant And His Spirit Wife !!

I know! Mexican Wine is awesome...the song...not the wine...is there even a wine called that? LOL. When I went on a D.C trip with my class last year, everyone sang Mexican Wine, it was practically like our theme song for that trip...It was awesome! I love Washington D.C.

Okay, right now I'm listening to Unwell, by Matchbox 20....

07.08.2006, 01:32 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
...one's of my faves songs of theirs is 'Radiation Vibe', out about 10 years ago!! I remember buying the single...god I'm old!!

Hehe, I probably shouldn't say this... but when you bought that single 10 years ago, I was having my first day at school!

Thanks for the animé songs and the Japanese music recommendations I'm going to investigate them all, and hopefully get as many of them as I can for my birthday (9th August ~ don't forget )...

Now, One Word, by Kelly Osbourne... I'm trying to translate that French voice that keeps croping up throughout the song... I can't hear it properly though ...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

07.08.2006, 03:53 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Waterboy's - The Whole of The Moon

07.08.2006, 05:25 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
I'm going to investigate them all, and hopefully get as many of them as I can for my birthday (9th August ~ don't forget

Phyrra, this is SO weird! Your name's Daniel, my name's Danielle...your birthday's August 9th, my birthday's August 6th!! Spooky!! BTW, thanks for making me feel really old!! (only joking!! )

I'm listening to Your Horoscope For Today by Weird Al Yankovic from the album Running With Scissors!

07.08.2006, 07:04 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Phyrra, this is SO weird! Your name's Daniel, my name's Danielle...your birthday's August 9th, my birthday's August 6th!! Spooky!!

Whoah! That is really weird... You wouldn't be able to count the number of times I've been called 'Danielle'...

Person: "Hey what's your name?"
Me: "I'm Daniel"
Person: "Haha, that sounds like, Danielle!!"
Me: "I know......." "Amazing isn't it....."

Anyway, that was completely off-topic...

At the moment, I'm listening to "Noches Guitanas" by "Luis Villegas"; I love this band, it's Latin guitar music

Sorry that I made you feel old SpiritedSen...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

07.09.2006, 06:36 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

This is so weird...my french teacher always used to call me Daniel...even though my name is French, and she was actually French!! Stoopid woman!!

Don't worry, you didn't make me feel any older than I do already!!

I'm listening to Carlotta Valdez by Harvey Danger from Where Have All The Merrymakers Gone? One of my fave albums ever!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 07.09.2006, 02:47 PM.

07.09.2006, 02:46 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing - Lazarus

07.09.2006, 04:05 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
LittleWing
Ohmu

Coldplay - Talk

07.09.2006, 05:09 PM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Crash and Burn-Savage Garden

07.09.2006, 06:50 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Crowded house - Always take the wheater with you
This is quite a fitting song considering its absolutly pissing down rain outside.

07.10.2006, 12:10 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
LittleWing
Ohmu

Hedwig and the Angry Inch - The Origin of Love

07.10.2006, 04:48 PM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks