QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are your favourite quotes?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions What are your favourite quotes? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh wow! I rather like these quotes. I want to comment on them all and say how much I like them... but I rather don't have the time and it would take up too much of the page, so i guess that I won't.

Hmmmmm.. "Learn from the mistakes of others, because you can't live long enough to make them all yourself."
It was a random quote that I saw today- my teacher puts quotes on the white board every day and I try to read them all... because sometimes I like them... oh yeah! And another! "Believe in the rabbit's foot if you like, but it sure didn't help the rabbit!" I may have messed that up a bit, but I don't feel like googling it and making sure that I said it right...
@Tanuki
I recall that you quoted Inigo Montoya... Haha, here's something that my friends came up with once.
"Hello. My name is Inigo Toyota. You popped my tire. Prepare to die." Yeah... I know some crazy people.

06.02.2008, 07:36 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by seasprite
bit of herrick (excuse if i missquote)

how sweetly flows
the liquefaction of her clothes

Here it is... I kinda like the image that this puts into one's mind.... especially mine, lol

Robert Herrick

Upon Julia's Clothes

Whenas in silks my Julia goes,
Then, then, methinks, how sweetly flows
That liquefaction of her clothes.

Next, when I cast mine eyes, and see
That brave vibration each way free,
O how that glittering taketh me!

EDIT:
Thank you, sprite... I LIKE those words... They have a certain feel to them .. that is pleasant to the tongue and mind, especially after you've repeated them a few times

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.02.2008, 07:47 PM.

06.02.2008, 07:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, "liquefaction of her clothes" creates such a wonderful image, quite delicious.

A beautiful woman slowly walking in flowing garments does something to a guy that women may not appreciate. I'm not talking anything rude, it's just... magical.

06.02.2008, 07:52 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Yes, "liquefaction of her clothes" creates such a wonderful image, quite delicious.

A beautiful woman slowly walking in flowing garments does something to a guy that women may not appreciate. I'm not talking anything rude, it's just... magical.

Yes, Saddles, I agree... but you have to know what liquefaction means to get the proper image...

And here in earthquake country, we ALL know what that word means...

And the woman doesn't even necessarily need to be walking slowly. I think that it may apply to a woman walking at any pace as long as the clothing 'flows' with her movements...

And yes, we are not being "rude' here...

06.02.2008, 08:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It has be reasonably slow movement of any kind, just the act of sitting or lying down from a standing position and the material falling and draping and such, the way the light touches it. A fast paced walk or run hasn't quite the same effect, for me anyway. Anything sudden or angular in the movements defeats the whole purpose.

06.02.2008, 08:08 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

On reflection, I have to agree with you, Saddles. Any rapid movement would detract from the flow, so to speak...

Oops, topic:

Veni, vidi, vici...

another is

carpe diem...

06.02.2008, 08:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

" WWWWWWWWWHHHAT! over 9000!!!!!!!"

06.03.2008, 04:40 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've finally got it. Miyazaki was having a bad case of writer's block, so he hired Farren to finish the script for Howl's Moving Castle. It all makes sense now!

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 06.03.2008, 02:16 PM.

06.03.2008, 02:15 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Hehe, I think my best Schwarzenegger one-liner is...
Nah, the best Arnie quote simply must be "I'll be back."

06.03.2008, 06:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
I've finally got it. Miyazaki was having a bad case of writer's block, so he hired Farren to finish the script for Howl's Moving Castle. It all makes sense now!

Wait... what are you talking about?

06.03.2008, 06:37 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
seasprite
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.22.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seasprite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

when about to indulge in schadenfreude "there but for the grace of god go I"

not allways cos some poeple are only getting what`s coming to em!

my very favourite was from a funked bank robbery (thay were too embarrassed by the ensuing laughter)

"hands up motherstickers this is a F$%£k up"

it was oh yes indeedy

06.04.2008, 01:15 PM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@seasprite...

were they laughed out of the bank???

I just read in todays paper that some irate customers in a bank got mad and chased down the robber.... Probably just a tad bit 'mussed up', lol

06.04.2008, 03:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Hehe, I think my best Schwarzenegger one-liner is...
Nah, the best Arnie quote simply must be "I'll be back."

That is of course one of the most famous sayings in movie history, but it sure ain't his funnist!

06.04.2008, 05:13 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by gigantic_red_bow {Kiki}
@Tanuki
I recall that you quoted Inigo Montoya... Haha, here's something that my friends came up with once.
"Hello. My name is Inigo Toyota. You popped my tire. Prepare to die." Yeah... I know some crazy people.

Tee Hee.

Crazy people are the best to know.

...and isn't Princess Bride just so full of classics!!?

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

06.10.2008, 01:44 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ kiki

OO thought that i quoted a great ending for HMC
lol it would have been hilarious to see
"WWWWWWWWWHHHAt! Over 9000" as the end for it

ha ha rofl

06.10.2008, 01:53 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Husky ,

You after good Latin quotes. Try these ones for size.

"Hoc domum tuum videre possum" = I can see your house from here (Terry Pratchett's Discworld)

"Transmitte me sursum Caledoni" = Beam me up Scotty (South Park)

"Tanti es quanti fungus putidus" = You are worth as much as a rotten mushroom (Plautus)

"Romani domum ite" = Romans go home (Life of Brian)

...or...

"Di immortales! Die Kennium necaverunt!" = Oh my god! They killed Kenny!

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

06.10.2008, 01:59 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
seasprite
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.22.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seasprite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

from "life on mars"uk cop show)

"hands up !youre surrounded by armed b£$%tards!"

classic--truly classic.

06.10.2008, 08:02 AM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

"Don't go down to Camberwick Green" from the same show was funny too.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.10.2008, 08:06 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Little Tanuki
"Di immortales! Die Kennium necaverunt!" = Oh my god! They killed Kenny!

Brilliant.

06.10.2008, 08:20 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left." (Oscar Levant)

06.10.2008, 03:38 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks