QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - funny stuff
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » funny stuff » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

More from my stash of stupid videos for immature children:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR5xnMgG7vQ&NR=1

Post last edited by ..Ayami.. on 05.25.2008, 06:37 AM.

05.25.2008, 06:36 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Humf! *does disapproving father stuff*

05.25.2008, 10:11 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Humf! *does disapproving father stuff*

HMMMMMMMMMMMM....

here's some humor...

A tutor who tooted the flute

Tried to teach two young tooters to toot.

Said the two to the tutor,

“Is it harder to toot, or

To teach two tutors to toot

05.26.2008, 11:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am now a mature child, because I would now rather not be immature, haha... because that is typically what being immature means now, yay!

Um... funny stuff, funny stuff... umm... I'll come up with something later. Yaaaaaaay!

05.26.2008, 11:20 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by gigantic_red_bow {Kiki}
I am now a mature child, because I would now rather not be immature, haha... because that is typically what being immature means now, yay!

Um... funny stuff, funny stuff... umm... I'll come up with something later. Yaaaaaaay!

sounds like an 'oxymoron', mature child...hmmmmmmm.

And how, may one ask, did you decide that today you are a "mature child" and yesterday you were not??? Are you now a year older? Your parents have crowned you, "Kiki, mature child" ??? You have suddenly obtained, through your many, many years of life, a knowledge of the universe and life that overshadows all of us mere mortalls???

What, pray tell, brings about this self-description of maturity???

05.26.2008, 11:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Um... not finding so much joy in some jokes... hahahaha... I meant not immature for my age, I guess.
Gah! Have you read all of the posts?
Yes, I have experienced many, many years upon the earth, and all other planets in the entire universe. *sips glass of wine sophisticatedly* I am now even old enough to drink wine, despite my age. For I can tell that age does not matter, only wisdom.

Not really... I am actually quite childish in a lot of ways... hahahahahaha... at least... I guess that I'm still and will always be in "Taha! Who cares what they think?" mode and such. Yaaaaay! And I always say yay because it's fun. I inquired if I said yay too much to my mother. And she said no "It's just Tate." Ah yes, and on that note, there is no way that they would crown me "Kiki mature child" because that is in fact not my name, because my name happens to be Tate. Yay-ness!! What a strange name I have!
I am done rambling now. And I have yet to find something funny to say... well, my mind is still blank, so ha! And go watch Azumanga Daioh!
Wow, that was a very strange post... yay anyway!

05.27.2008, 01:10 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Taha! Kiki quote

With out realizing it, you named one of my grandsons... Taha.. now about 5 yrs old...

Fuzzy Wuzzy wuz a bear.
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.
Fuzzy Wuzzy wuzzn't fuzzy, wuz he...

05.27.2008, 01:34 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Yay! I knew that I had special powers!

05.27.2008, 02:00 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm...I think I have a distant cousin or some by the name of Taha. Cannot say for sure though...and it's no surprise, my extended family is far too extended for my taste. I mean, I love them all...but it'd be nice if I had enough time in one lifetime to get to know them all. xP

05.27.2008, 02:06 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

RIDDLE

The paragraph below is most unusual. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, coming to Broadway, a booming bass drum and sounds of singing, told of a small Salvation Army unit carrying on amidst Broadway's night shopping crowds. Gatsby, walking towards that group, saw a young girl, back toward him, just finishing a long, soulful oration ... "
The above passage is taken from the book "Gatsby" written by Ernest Vincent Wright in the late 1930's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is unusual about the paragraph above???

good luck!

05.28.2008, 08:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know the answer, but that's only because I know about the book. I'll see if anyone else can get it.

05.28.2008, 09:52 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Well, let's see- and I'm only guessing, probably fruitlessly...
Umm... they capitalized "Honor" and said that it shook hands... rather strange... oh wait... hahaha, they meant a judge, didn't they... hahha, the silliness of me!
And the Salvation Army- don't they go about and ring bells in front of stores and ask for donations? Not drums? And if it's all loud and stuff, how would it be small?
I am probably failing out here. And why was the girl backing towards him? Hmm? That seemed odd... I guess.

Aha! I have figured it out! There is no indention at the beginning of the paragraph! So ha!

Edit: I believe that I am wrong.

Post last edited by Yay! Kiki on 05.29.2008, 01:21 AM.

05.29.2008, 01:21 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by gigantic_red_bow {Kiki}

Edit: I believe that I am wrong.

And you would believe correctly... lol loved your thinking, tho... lol

05.29.2008, 03:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Isn't the book titled "Gadsby"? I think you might be confusing it with "The Great Gatsby."

05.29.2008, 05:06 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it something to do with when it was written? Like, there's something in the paragraph that didn't exist in the late 30s...?

05.29.2008, 05:09 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

No, it has nothing to do with when the story was written.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 05.29.2008, 05:26 PM.

05.29.2008, 05:21 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it geography specific - is the Branton Hill District not within walking distance of Broadway?

Is the term Honor not used for Mayors?

The paragraph mentions "not many people in sight" and then "large crowds" which is inconsistent.

If the girl has her back to him, how does he know she's young?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.29.2008, 05:31 PM.

05.29.2008, 05:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Orphic Okapi
Baron

The "unusual thing" isn't a specific detail within the paragraph, but rather something about the paragraph as a whole. Nor does it require any external knowledge to spot--only a keen eye for observation. Also, while this probably will be of little help, the "unusual thing" applies to the entire book, not just this particular paragraph.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 05.29.2008, 05:30 PM.

05.29.2008, 05:28 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The sentence construction is quite unusual, much use of commas and semi-colons.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.29.2008, 05:33 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

@Orphic...

Yes, the actual name is 'Gadsby' not Gatsby, my error in copy...

BTW,
Thanks for answering the questions and the clues while I was away from the keyboard...,

05.29.2008, 05:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks