QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #3
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #3 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Seisaku-san waited by our desks but that was cool, it was a nice feeling to hang out with guys for a change. In middle school it had always seemed to be just groups of girls and groups of guys separate. He didn’t need to speak even, and if he overheard well that was fine too, we weren’t exactly discussing trade secrets or girl stuff. This was new and I liked it.

quote:
"A-arigatou...there were some things from the geography homework that I wanted to check."
I didn’t smile, although I wanted to. One step at a time Maho dear.

“That’s fine, take your time, it’s not due in ‘til Friday.”

Then she looked really unsure and asked me about last night at almost exactly the same time Seisaku-san had. Co-incidence, everyone wants to know what Maho-san gets up to, hm? I turned to Seisaku-san then looked back at Nagashima-san.

“Seisaku-san and I went out clubbing in Kawasaki, nothing special, a few local indie bands. But it’s a great scene if you like loud music.” Then suddenly it just flowed out, the offer flowed out naturally in the same sentence, “You can come with us too next time, if you’re into that sort of thing.”

I sat there wondering why I’d said it. I really had no idea, it wasn’t as though I liked her.

The fact that I’d gone on a date seemed to hit home and something hot and angry flashed in her eyes, or was it a fearful thing? Then the nerves came back and a small and even pathetic resolve. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry when she spoke:

quote:
"I don't hate you. I have no idea why or where all these silly insults are coming from. And Kawahara-kun...I- I'm not giving up on him...not until he makes his decision. I'll be trying my best till then. And I'll stop saying stupid things to you and you can have this lunch with him...and maybe we can get along better afterwards?"
At the end of that amazing speech I sat there, mouth open. Wow, she meant that, didn’t she?

Put in that way our arguments did look childish and I felt a slight colour of embarrassment creeping over my face. Her smile was small and a little nervous. She was fighting me even though, in her heart she knew she was going to lose. So why fight? Why go on? If I fight, I fight to win. Rarely have I ever been defeated and when I see defeat looming I cut and run and try a different approach. To just press on in the face of certain doom is… what? Stupid? No, Nagashima-san wasn’t stupid. Desperate? Hm, maybe. What had happened to her in middle school to make her desperate? What did she see in this boy that would save her?

Suddenly I wanted Seisaku-san to not be there so I could ask her something really personal. But the bell would sound soon, he was here and the mood was wrong.

Later, ask her later, why she is willing to go on like this…

“All right,” I said, my face calm, “it’s a deal, we cut the crap and play it straight.” The usual Maho so wanted to add a digging little caveat to that, something like, “And when you’ve lost come to Aunty Maho and I’ll show you where you goofed up.” But I didn’t, it didn’t seem at all fair, or right.

Maho with a conscience? Where the hell did you come from?

And more puzzling than anything else, I finished with a smile and direct eye contact. I even touched my earlobe, a gesture of honesty.

And sat there feeling most confused.

10.25.2007, 04:03 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was dragged along the corridor to the washroom again and then held tightly for ages while someone who sounded like mum muttered lovely things in my ear. I calmed down and gentle hands wiped my face before I spent what felt like forever in someone’s arms.

I only want you to do this. Why can’t you do this for me?

Then she spoke.

quote:
"Now, tell me what's wrong and maybe I can help?"
I couldn’t meet her gaze, “Uh, gomen, it’s just boy trouble, you know? I’m sure it’ll all work itself out. I’m fine now really, arigato.” I just didn’t really want helping right now, I just wanted… him or to know why he did it, nothing else.

I eased myself out of her arms and went to leave the room.

10.25.2007, 05:46 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I heard and then glancing round, saw the commotion. A few people studiously ignored it, acting politely, but everyone felt it. Tanaka-san was there, thankfully, possibly the only, and best person at times like these. She took Kurosawa-san out the room.

Girl's wash rooms. Possibly the most important place in any school.

Go Tanaka! I thought, seeing her do what she did was heartwarming.

This was the second time I'd seen Kurosawa-san upset in two days. I knew no details but two and two were adding up in my head and looking a lot like four.

I checked my watch, we had a few minutes. I got up and walked to back of class. I sat down on Hibiki's left. That surprised him I bet but even after just a few days around and alongside Takako's Sheido-san I was begining to relax with them, beginning to feel... well not exactly welcomed, but accepted by them. This desk felt different: cooler was a good word to describe the sensation.

I spoke to him, keeping eye contact whenever he let me.

"Ohayo. I won't ask how you are, I don't think I need to. This is a bad time to raise the subject," I looked away pointedly in the direction of the door where the two girls had just gone out, "But I'm not sure if there will ever be a good time." I gave him a slight smile and opened a palm towards him, "I can understand how confusing and upsetting this all is, and that you might want to just try and hide away from it. But the girl I know, Takako Aoi, has begun to accept her companion..." (I looked down at the floor then back up at him) "And she and I have begun to think this could be a good thing. Sure, that person who just went out might be your number one priority at the moment and if she is then forgive me, but Takako-san and I would like to talk with you, please, about the Shadows. If you'd like to do that, then I think this lunch break might be a good time. So... please think about it. And if you need some time, then later in the week is good too, okay?"

I converted the held out palm into a downward facing palm, reached over and put it on his shoulder, squeezing slightly.

10.25.2007, 08:09 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

DING-DONG! … DING-DONG! … DING-DONG!

The five-minute bell sounded.

10.25.2007, 08:11 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Where is Yuichi? I sighed, a little frustrated. Actually it doesn't matter too much. I can just give it to Tanaka or Icchan. Are they here? I glanced behind me. There was Icchan, at his desk and apparently asleep. And I'd seen Tanaka-san a moment ago. So that's fine. Hmm... now I won't say that today will be no more eventful than yesterday. I won't. Because if I do that, I know fine well what will happen. The bell had rung a moment ago. Akuri-sensei's cue to enter was nearing. I really hate that man. He hates me and I don't know why. Actually that's not true, I sort of know why. But it's a stupid reason. I sighed again.

10.25.2007, 08:40 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

BUMP!

I jerked out of my drowsiness. Bell must have rung. I gave a low groan (a bad habit), rubbed my eyes, and decided to take a quick trip to the toilet to wash my face.

Outside, people were still making their way into the classroom, so I guessed the bell had only just rang, and headed to the toilet at the end of the corridor.

After washing up, I went back to class, dispensing a couple of belated "ohayo" to almost everyone I met on the way back to my chair. I gave a wide yawn. Typical, naps only serve to make me sleepier, not more awake.

10.25.2007, 09:11 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I sat there, wondering what to do, when suddenly-

quote:
"Ohayo."
I looked up to see a familiar - if not well-acquainted - face. He said a lot. A lot which I didn't understand, and a lot which I had already heard. Most of it was a bit of both. A large amount of what he said didn't help me as much as I'd have thought, but the fact that somebody was speaking to me was good enough.

quote:
"Takako-san and I would like to talk with you, please, about the Shadows. If you'd like to do that, then I think this lunch break might be a good time. So... please think about it. And if you need some time, then later in the week is good too, okay?"
Finally. Something I really wanted to hear. "I was just thinking about that, actually. Arigato, er... Sadoru-san." I didn't think I knew his family name. Then, suddenly, I remembered something else - something blindingly obvious. "She's not in just now though..." Looking up again, I asked "Do you know if she's coming in today? I mean, she's not ill or anything, is she?"

Post last edited by arren18 on 10.25.2007, 11:52 AM.

10.25.2007, 11:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"I was just thinking about that, actually. Arigato, er... Sadoru-san. She's not in just now though. Do you know if she's coming in today? I mean, she's not ill or anything, is she?"
That remark caught me off balance a little. I suppose it was as good a reason why anyone would be off school, but my immediate thought was to blurt out,

"No, of course she's not ill." Then something else struck me and that was that the question he'd asked almost certainly wasn't the question I'd assumed he'd asked. And something at once came up into my throat and sat there, a tender lump.

"No," I said again carefully and with a smile, "I don't think she's ill." - Not any more -. "I've no idea why she's late and I don't have her phone number..." That was an oversight, if she's that important to you, give her your number, and get hers in case anything does happen.

"I'm sure she's just running late like she did yesterday, she'll be here soon. So would that be okay? Lunch? I'm sure Takako would be happy if you wanted to bring someone with you... you know, to make up a foursome or whatever."

10.25.2007, 02:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"No... I don't think she's ill... I've no idea why she's late and I don't have her phone number..."
He seemed very hesitant. Oh no... I've not said something wrong again, have I?

quote:
"So would that be okay? Lunch?"
"Of course, that would be great!" I replied with a smile, but then I heard the rest of what he was saying...

quote:
"I'm sure Takako would be happy if you wanted to bring someone with you..."
Ha! Bring someone? That has to be a joke!

I spoke more quietly this time, and looking down at my desk. "Hai. Erm... I'll see who I bump into."

10.25.2007, 02:49 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Okaaay, that went down well.

"Whoa! Don't worry about it, we just thought you might feel odd with us two... er... you know being... Ah, I just didn't want you to feel like a total loser ya know?Well, I'm sure you have someone you'd like to bring." And getting up I gave him a light punch on the shoulder, "Other than blob-man here."

"So I'll leave that with you. And I reckon that psycho sensei of ours'll be here any minute, so I'll see you later."

10.25.2007, 03:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hurried along the hallway and made my way inside 1-A, thankful that Akuri-sensei had not arrived yet. I closed the door and looked around. Some students were missing. The closest desk was Kazuo's, and I gave him a wave as I walked. He seemed to have something on his mind.

Post last edited by Theowne on 10.25.2007, 03:50 PM.

10.25.2007, 03:49 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yuichi-san had arrived, and gave me a quick wave as he went past. "Oh, Yuichi-san wait a minute." I reached down for my bag and began to rummage in it. There it is. I pulled out the little page I'd torn from my sketchbook. I'd written down just what Karinushi-san had said, or rather shouted at me, yesterday. I wasn't actually too sure what to make of it, but I hoped it would help Yuichi-san piece things together. He seemed so eager to get to the bottom of this, and I was eager to help him. "You might want to show this to Tanaka and Icchan-san as well." I said, and handed the note to him. "Keep it if you want. I think it'll be of more use to you."

10.25.2007, 05:05 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
“Uh, gomen, it’s just boy trouble, you know? I’m sure it’ll all work itself out. I’m fine now really, arigato.”

Ha? I wonder who- And then it clicked. That look Hibiki-san had given me and how he'd turned away so fast without quite meeting my eyes. Oh. Oh...ah. Of course, he's the one she wants to talk about this with, not me. So I did the best I could in that situation and sent her off with a smile and good luck.

As the last bit of green disappeared behind the door I said, "Lucky..." to no one in particular. A part of me was glad she hadn't asked for help...I have no idea what I would have said about boy problems, I realized. It must be nice being in love...The tears are one thing but the happy moments probably more than make up for it. Turning to face the mirror, I straightened my slightly rumpled uniform and ran my fingers through my hair. Boys, huh? I thought wonderingly. As far as I could remember, I'd never liked any boys like that...they were all either classmates or friends. Nothing complicated. In middle school, all my friends would rush to the gym to watch the basketball practices and...

Still reminicsing, I heard the warning bell go off somewhere far off. It snapped me back to attention though and I said outloud, "What on earth was I thinking?!" Running full speed to class, I hoped that Akuri-sensei wasn't there yet. The last thing I needed was for him to add 'late' to the 'cake girl' name he'd given me. A few seconds later I crashed into the classroom and almost ran into Yuichi who was standing by Kazuo-san's desk.

Made it! Then, looking up, I said, "Ohayo Yuichi! Kazuo-san, too. What are you guys doing?" I looked inquisitively at the piece of paper that was being looked at.

Post last edited by fenkashi on 10.25.2007, 08:49 PM.

10.25.2007, 08:42 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

“Seisaku-san and I went out clubbing in Kawasaki, nothing special, a few local indie bands. But it’s a great scene if you like loud music. You can come with us too next time, if you’re into that sort of thing.”
My face contorted with visible surprise. She was inviting me have fun with her? And I found myself replying happily like the little school girl I was supposed to be, "Eh...clubbing?! Wow, that's really brave of you. I've never been anywhere like that before. Uwah! That's exciting...can I really come?" It wasn't until after blurting out all that girlish nonsense that I realized what I had said and had to struggle to keep the blush from rising up to my cheeks. Why don't you ever learn, Hikari?! I scolded myself. She's not nice...I know that but then why? Why am I being such a- and then I said it. I told her what I was thinking about us; I told her what I was thinking about Kawahara-kun. and asked if we could get along better. Again, me and my big mouth. I can't believe I just said that! Fushida-san's voice interrupted my frustrated thoughts:

quote:
“All right, it’s a deal, we cut the crap and play it straight.”

Once more, before I could stop it, a smile lit my face and I exclaimed, "Great. I'll sleep better knowing that...Fushida-sama." The smile stayed on my face...I couldn't believe it. I'd just made a genuinely friendly joke with someone who I couldn't stand the sight of till yesterday.

It was progress, was it not? Progress. With that thought the realness of my smile started fading and I was left with the fake, plastic one. She'll take Kawahara-kun away. I know it won't be too hard for her...she's just one of those people. And then, what about me? Alone again. Maybe that's why I found it so hard to get along with Fushida-san. Not because she reminded me of them but because she threatened to take away my companion. Without him...I'd be alone and dark nights filled with tears told me mine was not a solitary soul. Even when I tried to be, I'd act like I had done a few minutes ago, jumping enthusiastically at a chance for company. It was a constant reminder that I was meant to be one of those happy people.

And that's why I hate life. Because no matter how hard I try, it'll never let me be happy. I'll always be stuck in this darkness. Always.

Unless of course - I thought, glancing up at Fushida-san and then thought better of it. Who am I kidding?

Post last edited by hikari on 10.26.2007, 02:39 AM.

10.26.2007, 02:24 AM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I returned to my desk and sat down. Before I did so I glanced out the window. Yes, still there, still sat by the main gate doing the faithful dog routine.

Where are you?

In times like this I really needed to be able to get in touch, yet swapping phone numbers never entered my head yesterday. Need to do that asap, I decided, and returned to sit down, giving the New Guy, Morimoto-san and Ameashi-san who sat behind him and who I'd never spoken to, a respectful nod and "Ohayo" in passing.

10.26.2007, 03:13 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

AKURI-SENSEI:

At the sound of the five minute bell I drained my coffee cup and left the sensei's lounge, striding purposefully along and up to 1-A. I chided a few late arriving children who scurried away mouse-like.

I climbed the stairs and started along the upper corridor, at the end of which was 1-A.

I cracked my knuckles, I was in a good mood today. A mood to inflict unfair and random fear on some unsuspecting little child...

10.26.2007, 03:21 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Her response to my accidental evening out offer totally threw me. Wow, she really wants to go. I couldn’t believe someone might be plotting against me yet sound so honest and happy. Surely she hates you? The two of you have been like alley cats for the last two days solid, no way, this has to be an act.

But it just didn’t feel like one.

And then I made the offer of playing a straight game, which seemed fair, it seemed hardly necessary to resort to dirty tricks to win this battle. And yet somehow… the simple act of winning it against this vulnerable and slightly dumb and obviously trusting person seemed dirty in itself.

No, stop thinking like that right now! It has to be an act. How can she possibly like you when she must know you’re going to cause her heartache?

quote:
"Great. I'll sleep better knowing that...Fushida-sama."
And the smile that followed her joke threw me again.

Okay, Maho, there’s only one of two possibilities going on here. She’s either lying at you like a trooper and plans to stab you in the back… or she’s genuine. There is no middle ground. If she’s lying, boy is she gonna regret it. If she’s genuine…

And I realised that if she was genuine and I went ahead and did this, I would be doing so much hurt to someone. Hurting people who tried to hurt you back was all part of growing up, dog eat dog. No prisoners. But hurting a dove with an olive branch in its beak was beneath even me.

The issue was, trying to find out who I was looking at here, dog or dove? I smiled at her, at her joke.

“That has a nice ring to it, Hikari-san, perhaps I can be a bit less formal in return?” and the smile I gave her back was also genuine.

And my thoughts for some reason drifted back to Kazuo-san, I don’t know why. That was another issue I needed to sort out, why did his face keep swimming up in my mind, such a beautiful face…

Too many things to sort out, too few days to do it in…

I nodded at Hikari-san and turned away, the empty desk beside me reminding me that if Kawaii-hara didn’t come in today then I could either talk with Kazuo-san (or try to) or… well, no idea. I’d be free at lunchtime. Hm, go for a walk, clear my head.

10.26.2007, 03:56 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Today started out plain enough, everyone was here, nothing unusual. It was good.

That night was a hell of a night, as my head cleared a little bit more, I remembered the performances, the dancing, that girl Yoko, who was at me the entire night. I have to call her later, commit that to memory.

The day was starting too normal, there was bound to be something ridiculous going to happen, I could feel it. Sometime today the gates of hell will be opened and there is going to be trouble.

But I wanted this, more than anything, truth be told, I wanted there to be more to this world than the hum drum existence i have known. The shadows originally captivated me and i could tell that there was more coming.

10.26.2007, 07:49 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I looked curiously at the note that Kazuo had given me, and a sort of shock passed through my body. Fubi-san....her brother...the shadow...This is it!. I looked around wildly to find Mai or Icchan and then as if in a Hollywood movie, Mai seemed to appear out of nowhere to join the conversation. "Look!" I said excitedly, pressing the note into her hands.

10.26.2007, 10:06 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

AKURI-SENSEI

I entered class.

“Be quiet! Sit down! Hand these out!” I slapped a sheaf of papers on that child Satomi’s desk and strode to the lectern, standing feet apart, arms behind my back, watching the children.

“I have been told to gather information about yesterday’s unfortunate incident. You will spend the ten minutes of homeroom filling in your answers and then the temporary class rep here – ” and I held out a hand towards Satomi, “Will collect them in.” I waited for the boy to finish handing the papers out, holding him with an icy stare all the time.

10.27.2007, 08:32 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks