QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Freaky Coincidences
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Freaky Coincidences » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Hmm, This looks pretty familiar!

It's from the second Chronicles of Narnia film - The Water Horse.

Its near identical to the Earthsea poster, ain't it!

Ha wow yeah your right! That came out on DVD on monday...I haven't had a chance to buy it yet though.

01.30.2008, 06:32 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

That really is similar!

Also, I don't remember that Narnia book. xP

01.30.2008, 07:39 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm, I was thinking that earlier too. The water horse is definately not a narnia book. I forget the order but I think this is right.

The magicians nephew
The lion, the witch and the wardrobe
The horse and his boy
Prince Caspian
The voyage of the dawn treader
The silver chair
The last battle

Hmmm, seems to be all there, and definately no "water horse". It must be a renaming of one of the books, perhaps the voyage of the dawn treader? Although I don't remeber any mention of waters horses in that.

01.30.2008, 08:04 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aha.

If you click the image and magnify it you'll read the following:

"FROM THE CREATORS OF"

just above the line reading "Chronicles of narnia"
How annoying

Evidently it therefore has nought all to do with the books.

01.30.2008, 08:07 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:

That really is similar!

Also, I don't remember that Narnia book. xP

The second Narnia film is "Prince Caspian"

But both Caspian and Water Horse were filmed in New Zealand at around the same time.

I remember when they were filming Water Horse because it was close to where I was living at the time, a guy I know was an extra in the movie, and also because it seemed like I was constantly carrying film rushes for that and also "10 000 BC" to and from the airport loaders.

(Used to work at the airport)

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

Post last edited by Little Tanuki on 02.13.2008, 02:35 AM.

02.13.2008, 02:23 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

they made caspian?!
yay! my fave book!

coincidence: when i was little me and mum were in a car, and we crashed.
on the other side of town, my nan and big sisters were also in a crash at the exact same time. thats pretty damn weird if you ask me o_O

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

02.13.2008, 02:27 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You are right. That is weird.

Another coincidence:

When I was in high school there was an announcement over the PA and the instant I heard the chimes and the principal's voice I thought "such & such teacher has died." And it turned out to be true. Didn't even know she was sick.

And another:

When I was in primary school, me and another kid in my class both injured our left thumbs quite badly. And we were (possibly are) both left handed.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

02.13.2008, 02:34 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thats weird.

02.13.2008, 02:35 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Starseed
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Starseed Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A close friend I know over the internet always has events happen to her that are somehow connected to me. Both in the same day, I bought a frog-shaped guiro at a music store and her music teacher showed her class the exact one.

02.17.2008, 02:14 AM Starseed is offline   Profile for Starseed Add Starseed to your buddy list Send an Email to Starseed
harmony-of-mar
Baron

i was at a rellies house last night and my uncle owns a t-shirt that has "isakaya high" written on it.

Post last edited by harmony-of-mar on 02.23.2008, 07:45 PM.

02.23.2008, 07:44 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
i was at a rellies house last night and my uncle owns a t-shirt that has "isakaya high" written on it.

Great! Want one!

02.23.2008, 08:42 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar

Great! Want one!

Omg me too!

Man, that's officially the freakiest coincidence in this whole thread.

Whoah. That is so, so, so, so wierd. Wow.

Sorry, I really can't get over how weird that is.

My Anime List

02.24.2008, 09:24 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I PM'd Harmony and apparently its her uncle and he often makes his own stuff, he was just messing about with Japanese words and chose that one. Look it up if you want it's meaning although it can be spelled with a 'Z' instead of an 'S' as well.

I might get one done myself at one of these 'print your own logo' tee-shirt shops.

I think, given Mushka's use of a grey blazer with green tie/shirt it'd need to be those colours.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.24.2008, 09:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I looked it up once before... trying to remember what it meant.. maybe a bar or something.

My Anime List

02.24.2008, 09:36 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yep, it's an inn or a tavern

02.24.2008, 09:56 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
harmony-of-mar
Baron

hehe , i knew that long before i joined up.

02.24.2008, 07:17 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yesterday I kept forgetting to call my friend, and got the strong feeling to do so before I played my video game. I knew she was going to call me right then, and the phone rang. @.@ And it was her. ^^' Those things always happen, whatever I think can come true, however whimsy or erratic it maybe. *she's been using a thesaurus for new words. XD*

02.24.2008, 08:25 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i had a dream 8 years ago about black cat comming into our house and sleeping in our wood fire
and that next night a neighbourhood cat that was black randomly came into our house and sat in front of the fire.

02.24.2008, 09:54 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

ive got this cousin called immy and we look almost exactly alike and always got mistaken for eachother, so i got my hair cut.next time i saw her, i found out she got the exact same cut on the same day. we were so pissed off

02.24.2008, 09:58 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
harmony-of-mar
Baron

last night i called tariss-of-mar, and her brother picked up, and without even answering he passed it to her and said "its for you" out of laziness

02.25.2008, 06:44 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks