QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Isakaya High School - Tech Discussion ONLY
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Isakaya High School - Tech Discussion ONLY » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, that is what it was as one, i broke it up into two so i could have a first and last name.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

07.31.2007, 03:33 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.24.07
  Search for Posts by J.L.Jones Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ok cool ^^

Beyond The Black Moon Lies My Soul, Covered In The Shadows Of Time, I Dwell In The Comfort Of The Night

Rage Is Like A River, Hatred As Its Current Destroying Everything In Its Path...
This Beast That Lies Dormant Beneath The Exterior Feels Strong... It Feels Good... Watch It Rise To The Surface As My Blood Boils And Anger Engulfs My Very Soul

07.31.2007, 03:37 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
hmm, you wouldnt happen to have bigger pictures of those eh?
Sorry no, of that particular set those tiny ones are all I have. I'll dig out some more Kare Kano images and e-mail them over to you, you should find something useful.

I've not yet found a character I want to use as 'me' and my real face wouldn't work at all, not even anime-ized. When I find something, I'll post it up - but my description of dark reddish-brown hair, short and with gel in it so it sticks up spiky might be enough for you tp work from. For a basic head and face shape, Arima's would do (see the set of images I'm e-mailing over).

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.31.2007, 05:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

k if i am going to be able to do this, you guys are gonna have to give me some time, i can personalize them fairly easily, but it is a big work load, and i have to get over the fact that i think i cant do it. but ill get it done. i wouldnt mind using those pics you posted if they were larger, i can do one body trace and just adjust the colour and do the faces, so ill see what happens.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

07.31.2007, 05:20 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mind if I join?

This would be my first RP... so don't laugh if I'm really bad at this...

07.31.2007, 10:21 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

of course anyone can talk in any discussion

07.31.2007, 10:27 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks! What's the gender balance so far? I've thought of some of the personality traits that I want to put in my character, but I don't know what to do for a physical description.

Post last edited by Mush on 07.31.2007, 10:40 PM.

07.31.2007, 10:35 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think there is one female, and...many more males.

07.31.2007, 10:37 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Mush
Baron

Okay then!

Name: Takako Aoi*

Appearance: Dark, nearly shoulder-length hair, medium-tone skin, and nice eyes. No fashion sense; never wears hairclips or makeup.

Characteristics: Occassionally brilliant, but inescapably disorganized. Never studies for tests. She's good with words, but often too embarrassed to display talent, and has little self-confidence. Aoi likes to spend time with other people, but feels isolated in a crowd.

*Japanese format

Post last edited by Mush on 08.01.2007, 03:47 PM.

07.31.2007, 10:53 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Classlist so far (will edit as list grows)

Saddle: Okayu Sadoru, M
Momiji: Hiro Murakami, M
Roarkiller: Elias, M
arren18: stand-up guy (Hissori Hibiki), M
Imperfection: Still outside (Fubi Karinushi) F
Theowne: confused and paranoid (Hasumi Yuichi), M
#1sanfan: Windows lover at the back (Seisaku Rakuin), M
Mushka: Lost (Takako Aoi), F
Farren: Wet and bummed out

JL Jones: Akuri Kousei-sensei, M

Sorry if I switched some names around, but I'm just trying to preserve the japanese usage (family name first).

And since we're going a bit slow, I'll give a scenario to follow. Even though technically it's Saddle's job, lol.

-1st day of school, intro of characters (not everyone needs to be in school, nor appear in day one, SanFan might want this type of character)

-First things first, we settle class issues, like class president, sitting arrangement, timetable and the like. Personally, I'd give none of our characters these roles unless anyone wants to volunteer. And hopefully we get this over with by Friday.

-Suggestion from JL.Jones needed if he wants to do anything for homeroom, or what subject he's taking.

I have a nice scenario for the school to make a good storyline, but I'll have to write it down first, and discuss with Saddle, since it's his RPG. Trust me though, it's an original

ATTENTION: BELOW i HAVE PROVIDED A LINK TO AN RPG FORUM WHERE THEY HAVE A GUIDE FOR STARTING ONE. FEEL FREE TO READ AND MAKE USE OF IT.

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6095

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 08.02.2007, 11:57 PM.

07.31.2007, 11:38 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i don't know the gender balance??

07.31.2007, 11:51 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its in Roarkillers post above M = male, F = female.

@Roar - wow, that's that's awesome. I was thinking we needed a list of players and was going to do one but now you officially got the job. As we get new players can you edit that list and keep it up to date?

Maybe adding a thumbnail physical sketch and a 1- or 2-sentence personality would be good too.

When #1sanfan gets the portraits done it would be good to insert them into that post too so all players have that info at their fingertips in one place.

Are you happy taking on that job?

Also guys, its not my RP, it belongs to all of us. J L Jones had the original suggestions, I just ran with it (I tend to be a get up and get stuff organised kind of guy, I find that if I don't no-one else will and opportunitie sget missed). So, no, please don't credit me with ownership of this.

@Roar - ta for the link, will go study it.

EDIT: JUST READ THAT LINK OF ROAR'S. I THINK ALL PLAYERS SHOULD TAKE 15 MINUTES TO READ IT, IT'S VERY HELPFUL.

And yes, we need direction and some kind of plot. I think we need different rooms for people to be in and they can only onbiously participate in one room's activities at a time but as we get more players we can think about that.

So far we should limit ourselves to 1-A's homeroom and perhaps "the corridor outside 1-A". Anywhere else should, for teh time being be considered out of game and players who describe themselves as there should be safe from player contact.

I also think if people are going to be away there should be a "Nurses Office" or some place like that so people can go lie down for a while and be out of play? (why do I think of Kousaka-sensei's office from "Whisper" when I suggested that?)

@Roar - yeah, e-mail me to talk about plots, we do need a direction for this, its floundering about a bit at the moment.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.01.2007, 04:56 AM.

08.01.2007, 04:43 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

yeah great ideas, i think i might want to be in day 1 and then kinda disappear and reappear as needed. I dont mind take a job of organizing somehting, i can try to draw a map of the school if you like, and we can label it with the different rooms so we can keep track and have a nice visual, ill see if mt autoCAD knowledge will still be useful.

The gender balance is a problem, it would be nice if some girls on here(ahem FFF) would join up. then there is more variety for relationships.

PS roar, awesome sig, couldnt have done it better myself.

Click for Gallery^^

08.01.2007, 02:39 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The gender balance is a problem, it would be nice if some girls on here(ahem FFF) would join up. then there is more variety for relationships.
[/QUOTE]
I know, I know. Maybe soon. I'm busy.

08.01.2007, 02:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here's mine:-

Name (in Japanese format): Hissori Hibiki
Appearance: light brown hair, pale complexion, fairly tall, indistinct grey eyes
Character: lonely, shy, easily embarassed

08.01.2007, 03:20 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Mush
Baron

There's a lot of shy introverted loners... I hope somebody is outgoing!

Post last edited by Mush on 08.01.2007, 03:52 PM.

08.01.2007, 03:51 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Might as well add mine. My Username means nothing so I will steal a name from a favorite film of mine:

Name: Hasumi Yuichi
Appearance: Black hair, brown eyes, slightly gaijin-looking
Character: Paranoid, smart, has no confidence, creative,

Post last edited by Theowne on 08.16.2007, 08:22 PM.

08.01.2007, 05:28 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I only gave my character a brief description so here he is in a little more detail.

Name: Okayu Sadoru (note to Roar: Okayu is the family name) - if you want to know Sadoru=saddle and Okayu=a fresh water tank.
DOB: May 22
Appearance: dark reddish-brown hair, cut short and spiky, uses gel to style it, sometimes rather rakishly, grey eyes, more dark skinned than your average pale Japanese, tall (for a Japanese, say 173cm), lean, smiles a lot. Neat, cares about how he looks.
Character: outgoing, talkative, easy going, perhaps a little bossy, also something of a joker, fanatical about girls.
Hobbies: anime, photography (architecture and landscapes), swimming, cycling, indie rock music, hm... and girls.
School Clubs: will join swimming club when opportunity arises.

08.01.2007, 06:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now it seems that Saddles has been making a move on my favourite babe, he will be getting a couple of black eyes after school!

btw: Saddles says he's gonna be a little bossy, thats out of character, isn't it folks

08.01.2007, 06:50 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

In the actual roleplaying thread can I ask players to uncheck the check box that turns their signature on. It's the lowest of the four boxes at the bottom of your post as you are typing it.

If we remove the sigs we might find the game thread looks a little tighter and reads more easily.

Its just a suggestion though, feel free to make your own choice but I thought it would help.

08.01.2007, 07:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks