QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #6
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #6 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  22  23  24  25  26  ]
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Is this the place?"

I looked up at the building, surprised that we'd gotten there so quickly. Time flies, I suppose. Never when you want it to, though. Because right now, I was feeling a bit daunted by the idea of bringing Maho into my home. The place where my parents live with me and the place where I'm going to be disappointing very soon.

It felt a little wrong to bring Maho up without them knowing all this but I shook that thought off.

"Yep," I said, "C'mon, let's go. I'll show you my room and I'm pretty sure my mom's been hiding some sweets."

"So, elevator or stairs? Stair mean fifteen flights and I'd make you race. Choose wisely." I grinned at her, feeling happy and energetic and like a teenager.

God, I've never met someone that induces so many mood swings in me, I thought, Or maybe I should bring friends home more often...or make them in the first place.

I grinned some more as we stepped into the air conditioned lobby.

03.13.2009, 02:16 PM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"C'mon, let's go. I'll show you my room and I'm pretty sure my mom's been hiding some sweets."
I nodded, "Hm, sounds good."

quote:
"So, elevator or stairs? Stair mean fifteen flights and I'd make you race. Choose wisely."
We entered the lobby and the place seemed wonderful already. She lives here. It's her home.

Across the lobby were a pair of lifts and to one side the staircase. I went straight ahead and pushed the call lift button, "I'll choose... wisely," I said speaking like a crusty old professor.

After a short period during which I looked at her and she looked at me and I felt the urge to giggle, the lift arrived.

We got in and she pressed a button. I stood with my back to the button panel and we started up. I had noticed a red emergency stop button that I could probably lean back on and cause the lift to stop as though it was a fault. Then we'd be stuck. In a lift. Together. And I'd... do it. I'd do that thing I'd been thinking of doing all day, all yesterday, all the time since Saturday.

My short fantasy ended and the lift stopped with a ding! and the doors opened. I stayed still, letting her go first and sort of gesturing with a hand.

03.20.2009, 04:21 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
“No, it’s not dumb or rude...I asked to speak to you after all...”

“Well, I didn’t really. Reject him, that is. He just took it as rejection, I think because it wasn’t an outright answer...and I didn’t correct him.”
Why? I looked at her sitting beside me and didn't understand. What's there not to like about Yuichi?

I was thinking up something to say, something kind and supportive and encouraging. This was all wrong, it was obvious they liked each other. Then she spoke again.

quote:
“I don’t know...I – this sounds terrible, I know but I’m not horrible at understanding people. Sometimes I do it quite well, actually. Whether it’s boys or girls. And I can understand boys and girls together as well. And then it gets to Mai and boys and I haven’t a clue. As for Mai and Yuichi? I just feel like I’ve made a total mess of things and I don’t know if he’ll ever want to talk to me again.”
I was just... clueless. I didn't get this at all. Unless something really weird had happened between them, eveything seemed to point in one direction. I wanted to say something but found myself for once quite lost for words. She seemed more angry at herself that at him and I was struggling to understand that.

She kicked the ground. Some dust came up. It was like seeing a frustrated child. My mouth opened, "Tanaka..."

quote:
"But...this has definitely helped. I think I know what to do now, so thanks. You know, for listening. I think I just needed to try this out with someone before the real thing."
Try it out?

Try it OUT?

I sat there staring at her profile wondering if I'd heard right. That last bit was the most odd thing she'd said.

The real thing?

This IS the real thing! I'm in love. You can be too. Just coz we're fifteen doesn't make it fake! I wanted to say these things but the moment and the mood was so weird that I didn't. I just sat there staring at her, realising she was incredibly pretty and I was staring more at her nose and mouth than I should be.

I looked quickly away at the ground between my shoes.

"Well. Sure. I mean. Er... glad I was able to help."

03.22.2009, 06:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Hold on a bit," I said to Takahashi and headed for the counter.

The librarian today (male) had an experienced look, which probably means that he was a second year, or a senior. Crossing my fingers, and hoping that the whole school has a general consensus on a certain teacher, I approached the librarian.

"Afternoon," I greeted him. He greeted me back in a non-unfriendly way; almost informal, in fact. Good news.

"I'm looking for material for my history project, and my group decided to do ours about the history of the school. Do you have something that's good enough to do more than impress the teacher?"

The speed of how fast the lie came out of my mouth surprised even me, particularly the last sentence. Still, this is a prestigious school, so it should not be that odd a request.

"Well, we have several books on the school's history, and some yearbooks, but they're pretty typical."

I sighed in (fake) resignation, and looked casually to the side, then "noticed" the glass cabinet.

"How about in there?" I nodded towards it.

"Ah, that's restricted material, you need permission for it. Unfortunately, our teacher-in-charge is Akuri-sensei, though I don't know why a PE teacher would be in charge of the Library Club. And knowing him, it's highly improbable that you can get permission."

"Haa..." I replied, held a moment's pause, and smiled at him. "But you do have the key, right?"

"Well-"

"Here now," I interrupted him. "All I want is to see if there's anything good inside, that's all. And if there is, all I need to do is to make a copy. It won't even take a minute to do that, would it?"

"Actually, I was about to say that Akuri-sensei is holding on to the key right now."

My heart must have sank right down to my soles, and it was a herculean task to keep my emotions in check. This was, after all, extremely unexpected.

"Oh... okay then. I'll come by some other time then. Sorry to bother you," I said with a smile, and left to return to Takahashi, who was still standing by the door.

"Well mate, today just isn't my day," I shrugged. "Maybe a little music might do me some good too after all."

And with that, we headed to the music room for a totally uneventful rest of the day.

03.23.2009, 10:29 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

KAZAMI-SENSEI, ART DEPARTMENT

I was tidying up after the last class of the day. The phone rang.

Hai. Kazami. Moshi moshi?, Ume! Are you well? Good, that’s great. Yes, I am. Yes, I’ve got a minute. Yes, I’ve got a while actually… what is it?”

She told me what it was. Ikari Ume told me what was in the Munakata Museum archive concerning that painting. There was a fair old file on it, much of it not especially relevant but some of it was very relevant indeed. When she finished telling me about the official record she lowered her voice and began on the unofficial part, particularly the family letter lodged with the museum archive last year and which was not for public viewing.

“Why 2006?” I asked, and she told me. When she told me it was a good thing I was sitting down. Had I been standing I might have collapsed. I put my elbow on the desk and dropped my forehead onto my palm.

One of the most famous Japanese artists of the last century, and yet that had happened. Why keep it a secret?

“But why that title to the painting?” I asked. It made no sense.

Ume told me, at which point even the fact I was seated didn’t help much. I thanked her for the call, dropped the phone into its cradle with a clatter and slumped at my desk. My head now in both hands.

Before the war? Just how far back did this thing go?”

I didn’t want to be involved with this, but this was just too weird not to be drawn in. I looked out the window across the running track towards the baseball pitch and the trees beyond.

“It does make sense,” Ume had said, “The date isn’t a date, it’s a number: one thousand, nine hundred and forty-four is a prefectural land parcel number. Mizuho,” Ume had said, “nineteen-forty-four isn’t a year, it’s a location.”

Post last edited by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER on 03.23.2009, 05:28 PM.

03.23.2009, 05:23 PM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
hikari
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"I'll choose... wisely."

I laughed at the funny voice she was trying to pull off. It sounded so odd coming from her that I couldn't help it really. Amidst our laughter, the lift door opened and we stepped in. The silence between us on the way up wasn't uncomfortable exactly - but it was charged and I didn't understand it. Or maybe I did.

I thought, That way lies madness...isn't that what they say? and let out a relieved sigh as we reached my floor with a ping and the door slid open. And just like that, things were normal again.

"Come on, this way," Keeping myself from grabbing her hand, I led her to my door and fumbled with the key and then the lock. It was strange really, how I'd gone from cringing when she looked at me to randomly reaching for her hand before realizing what I was doing and where.

When the door closed behind her, I set the basketball on the floor and straightening, threaded our fingers together. I tried not to marvel at how it felt like a physical release. Feeling more happy than hand-holding required, I toed off my shoes and dropped my bag by the ball. I tugged at her hand to lead Maho through the hallway to my room.

Belatedly, I glanced down at her hand in mine and grinned over my shoulder at her, "Don't worry, my parents won't be home for hours."

Once in my room, I pushed her down the bed and said, "Make yourself at home, hm. I'll just grab us some food. Tea alright with you? Or did you want juice?" I was already backing out of the room and once Maho answered, I turned and headed to the kitchen. Leaving her look around if she wanted to.

Post last edited by hikari on 04.01.2009, 02:25 AM.

04.01.2009, 02:17 AM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Come on, this way,"
I stood waiting while she unlocked the door. My head was whirling.

This is it! This is where she lives. Her home. Her room... oh shoot, her parents!

As she bent at the door all I could do was stare at the waves of her red hair, thick and lustrous tumbling over her shoulders...

The door opened and she went in. She turned to beckon me and the hand I had not even known I had raised to touch her hair fell back to my side.

She put her ball down and suddenly took my hand, her fingers lacing so comfortably through mine. I curled mine through hers, the connection was perfect.

Parents! Parents! Alarms jangled in my head but she dragged me after her down the hall. I just had time to slip off my shoes and padded after her.

quote:
"Don't worry, my parents won't be home for hours."
Eh? "What? You never said!" We went to her room.

Her house! Her room!

quote:
"Make yourself at home, hm. I'll just grab us some food. Tea alright with you? Or did you want juice?"
"Tea is good. Arigato." I sat. Her bed... her bed... I put my hands on the covers. Then she was gone. I sat there in the room alone. On her bed. The place was full of bright colours and very messy and smelled. Smelled of her. Smelled so strongly of Hikari. It was... I breathed deeply.

Amazing. Beautiful. My head span. I lifted my hand. It was far too empty. Without thinking I stood up and went out. Across the hallway was the sound of cups clattering, water boiling. I peered around a door to see her in the kitchen preparing tea. I went in, silent in my stockings...

I went up behind her and saw a free hand by her side. I reached for it and laced my fingers back into hers. I squeezed.

When she reacted I smiled, "Don't mind me. I'll just stay here."

04.02.2009, 06:23 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
hikari
Ohmu

quote:
"Tea is good. Arigato."

"Okay, I'll be right back with it then," I said, far too happy without much of a reason. Except, there was a reason, wasn't there? I smiled at it over my shoulder and skipped to the kitchen.

Too bad Mother isn't here to see this, I thought a bit sardonically. As I got out the nice set (or at least that's what Mom says), I almost wished she were. Maybe if they saw how happy Maho makes me...

Shaking that thought off, I turned my attention to cut us some pieces of cake. Cream and sugar were added to the tray with plates and cups as I chastised myself for not asking how Maho took her tea. And then I stood back and watched the steam rise from the kettle.

Engrossed as I was, I didn't notice when Maho came into the kitchen but suddenly, she was there beside me and holding my hand. My hand automatically curled around hers and I leaned into her.
quote:
"Don't mind me. I'll just stay here."

I raised my eyebrow and quipped, "Of course. I didn't realize you were so impatient for food." The following grin on my part ruined the effect a bit but I wasn't complaining.

We were both quiet for a moment, waiting for the kettle to start whistling and I was reminded of a scene that often played out in my house. Turning my face into her arm, I smiled before leaning back and looking up at her.

"You know, my dad sometimes walks in on my mum when she's cooking and they just stand there, not doing anything. It's really weird because my mom hates it when people come into her kitchen. I never understood why she'd let dad, who's completely useless with cooking, in."

Giving her what must have looked like a shit-eating grin, I explained, "I think I sort of got it just now." And then I shut up because we were fifteen and it can't be normal to have planned out the rest of our lives in my head in the span of thirty seconds.

04.27.2009, 03:22 PM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

As I took her hand, she responded with a tighter grip and she leaned a little against me. My body trembled where her shoulder touched my arm. The contact was electric. An inch or two shorter, the perfect height.

She looked up at me, an eyebrow dancing.

quote:
"Of course. I didn't realize you were so impatient for food."
I let out a giggle and covered my mouth with my free hand.

"Not food, silly! No." I squeezed her hand and let myself lean into her too, "Something else."

She grinned back and we stood there both grinning at each other like lunatics. I nearly did it right then but as I almost made the decision she looked away and checked the kettle for a minute then turned back, putting her face against my arm and looking up and smiling.

quote:
"You know, my dad sometimes walks in on my mum when she's cooking and they just stand there, not doing anything. It's really weird because my mom hates it when people come into her kitchen. I never understood why she'd let dad, who's completely useless with cooking, in."

She grinned more widely. I knew why her dad wanted to be near her mom but I said nothing. There was no need, I thought she had worked it out too.

quote:
"I think I sort of got it just now."
I nodded carefully and a little sagely considering the emotions that were whirling round in my chest. The kettle was nearly boiling. It was now or never. I was so nervous, my palms felt clammy.

Someone else made my arm move, lifting it and pushing it forwards. I glanced at it in shock as it went towards her, completely out of my control. My free hand came up and reached across her front to rest on her upper arm on her other side. Someone pulled, making my arm turn her round so she faced me. Then both arms went around her back and waist and the feel of her warmth made my head go so light I felt sure it had floated off. Something might explode if I didn't do this, and it certainly would if I did. I drew her against me and hugged tight. I squeezed my eyes shut and all my senses were full of her.

"Does he do this too?" I spoke softly into her hair, lowering my face until I whispered against her ear.

04.28.2009, 08:14 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
hikari
Ohmu

quote:
"Does he do this too?"

She spoke quietly into, no, against my ear and quite suddenly there was an edge to the sweetness. My heartbeat had skipped into triple time as I shifted closer to her, my head turning so I could feel her nose brush against my cheek. I stopped there, not knowing what her eyes would look like and a little uncertain.

That didn't stop me from replying, "Something tells me this is not a time to be talking about my father." And my voice sounded only a little strange.

05.29.2009, 08:19 PM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

She turned her face towards me a little and I felt skin, warm and smooth and soft. He nose pressed to my cheek, mine must be touching hers. I turned my face more and our noses rubbed then parted a little. My eyes half opened and the room seemed to sway. I was rushing inside, everything swirling about, pounding, impossible to describe, roasting hot and freezing cold at the same time, totally calm and shaking with every emotion. The kettle was boiling and I was too. Her scent filled my nose, the feel of her back and waist under my hands... I couldn't help it... I had to...

quote:
"Something tells me this is not a time to be talking about my father."
Her voice was different, like she was breathing harder while talking. Or something.

"Perhaps... we shouldn't talk at all." I shifted my face around a fraction more and felt her lips against mine. Moving forward a little I opened my mouth a little and... closed my eyes.

Hikari!

...so soft...

05.30.2009, 07:29 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
hikari
Ohmu

quote:
"Perhaps... we shouldn't talk at all."

I wanted to respond. I did. But I was being overwhelmed with the Maho-ness of this situation. A piece of her hair, caught in mine and hanging between us. The scent of her - something really nice. Not the over-sweet kind that makes me sick but nice. Shampoo? Soap? Perfume? I'll ask her what it is later. Her hands just above the small of my back. Perfect, amazing, gorgeous hands that needed to slip a little lower.

If I just step a little ... yes ... there. Perfect hands in the perfect place. And when I looked up again, she was much closer than she had been. Maybe it was me that had stepped closer or maybe it was her. But there she was and my eyes stayed open as she neared, as hers closed. So near that I could have counted the eyelashes that fanned out. And then so near that even her lashes were blurred.

It was like a countdown. Momentous.

Three.

Noses bumping.

Two.

A puff of foreign breath on my face.

One.

Lips pressed against mine.

And sometime within those few seconds, my eyes had shut and my arms had found their way around her neck, pulling her down. Me up. Closer. More. Nngh.

If I could have split myself in two, I would have watched from above as my thoughts degenerated into monosyllables and then sounds and then ceased to exist all together. I would have seen myself in my kitchen, kissing a girl - the girl - as the kettle whistled increasingly more persistently and my hand hurt from being clenched too tightly. And I would have seen myself never wanting to leave.

06.10.2009, 09:51 PM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Oh, my…

We parted a fraction. Her breath on my chin burned me. Unable to help myself because touching her was the place I was meant to be, there was no other place on earth I wanted to be, nor would even be able to survive… I moved forward again against her and… This was not like that first crazy time on the pavement where my emotions had run riot with a need to show her what I was, nor that second mixed-up time in the tent when she had been confused. This time was like neither of those. Not one scrap like them. This time it wasn’t a crazy demonstration of need, nor a confused acceptance. This had feeling in it, true and caring, friendship, desire. This was a kiss. Our first.

I paused, waiting, I don't know what for. Just to enjoy this moment and seal it away in my memory. I began to move slowly back again and closed the gap slowly, and I knew she knew exactly what I intended. The feeling that she knew it was going to happen and seeing her calmly waiting, her eyes telling me “yes, I want this too,” was the most wonderful and exciting thing of all. I knew she wanted me to touch her. This wouldn’t be like those first two kisses that were stolen.

I didn’t know where to look, her eyes drew me, so dark and wide and gentle, that indescribable colour that isn't hazel or red, the most unusual eyes I’ve ever seen. Some autumn leaves have that hue somewhere between brown and russet, but with leaves they change so fast, in a day, and they die. Her eyes were so much the opposite of that, more alive than anything and unchanging, I wanted them to never change, the spangling flecks of gold that patterned the iris. I wanted to count each one but they seemed to mysteriously move and change. I wanted to look in her eyes. But her mouth… I glanced there and couldn’t tear my eyes away. I had never looked closely before. Her lips were a little parted, her top lip was shaped just so, where the skin was pulled up by the lines that joined to her nose… a perfect curve. And her lower lip. Looking at it made my heart do something odd and jumpy, a new surge of delight. So plump, so pink, so sweet-looking. My eyes were drawn there, helpless, like my own mouth was being drawn…

I lifted a hand from her waist and put the pads of two or three fingers to her cheekbone, I lay my palm there and smoothed my hand back, pushing a curl of hair with it, I found to my delight and surprise that there is this curve to the side of her neck below her ear that fits my palm perfectly, like it was made to go there. With my fingers behind her ear pushing up into her hair my thumb can graze across the lobe, smoothing it or spreading my fingers I can stroke the thumb downwards to caress the side of her neck. In wonder at this amazing discovery I tried out these movements and found a jumping pulse there under my thumb… So alive! I moved my fingers back and up and tangled them in her hair. The natural next instinct is to pull your hand forwards.

So I did…

This was mutual, we wanted this. In her eyes I could see wanting too, see it soaring in her and feel it pouring out. You don’t always need words to hear exactly what someone wants.

A breath, a rush, a whisper, an out of control want: “Hikari… Hai…” I moved slowly to show my care and my honesty, the truth in this was everything. And of course the approach itself is pleasurable isn’t it? It’s not just the destination that is wonderful, the journey too is exciting. When we stopped, noses rubbing just being this close to her was agonizingly delightful, exciting, the most exciting thing I’ve ever experienced. Or would do - for about five seconds… until we… I tried to imagine how exciting it would be when this journey reached its destination but couldn’t. My imagination wasn’t good enough. The journey there though? Pretty damned amazing.

Our mouths touched once more and inside my heart reached out and tried to touch her too. I kept my eyes open; with my lips I told her what my heart was feeling, with my eyes I let her see into what I was feeling. I passed the beating of myself to her through that gentle touch: This is me. This is my kiss. This is how I feel. Arigato.

At first we merely grazed together, the lightest and briefest of touches, so light it might have been imagination. I moved back, watching her carefully, her eyes were saying ‘yes’, they said ‘again’. I moved back, another slight touch, just a press. Then away again. Another pause, another careful look. Back in again a little more confident this time. Pressing again, soft as dreams. A little more, another break, another look. Back again. And again, and again, so many small kisses.

Then I stopped moving back between them and stayed in contact. Now it began to happen. It was slow and soft and as I moved myself against her, opening a little, closing a little, turning a bit to taste and reach different parts of her, exploring the shape of her lips, trapping that beautiful lower lip briefly between mine, I placed there every last tender part of me. I give this to you, all of myself, this is who you have made me become. And all the time the rush of her so close, her spicy scent. Deep down in my secret middle something special and new began to happen.

"Mmmm…" I thought I’d merely made that sound in my head but in fear realised I might have actually made a little moan against her.

I drew properly back, two inches and watching her, waited, heart thundering, my face wanting to tear apart into a huge smile.

* * * the journey begins * * *

Your turn.

06.18.2009, 05:52 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
[  «    ...  22  23  24  25  26  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks