QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #6
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #6 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She was modest about her singing and playing. I know she was being modest because the small snippets I'd caught two days ago while I hadn't been busy sounded better than some singers I had in my own collection. Funny, I never thought of you as a modest girl but then being bold and brash doesn't necessarily mean being full of yourself either. I'd decided I liked this girl, her confidence in herself and her sharp wit appealed to me. She had shown a caring side at the party too, during that crisis, she wasn't all shouting and glaring like I'd first thought a week back.

quote:
“You never know though, you might see me up on the stage at a culture fest.”
I nodded in an uh-huh way, "That would be something to see." I can imagine forwards a couple of years when you're a senior. You are going to be just unbelievably beautiful. The guy who wins your heart is going to be one lucky so-and-so.

quote:
"Good morning."
I looked round as Nagashima came past, "Morning!" I said at exactly the same time as Fushida said the exact same word in almost the same tone. I chuckled.

"All refreshed and refuelled after the weekend?" I asked the new arrival.

06.10.2008, 10:20 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Joooy tooo the wooorld, an aaangeeel's heeere...

"Oh, morning Tanaka-san," I replied nonchalantly, with a VERY heavily surpressed smile. "And thanks for not greeting me in loud ecstacy, I'm still beat."

Your dress was partly to blame, by the way, I felt like saying, but knew better. At least the formal uniform and tied-back hair surpressed the beauty, if only a little.

"Oh yeah, guess what I didn't find today. Here's a clue: Torii gate."

06.10.2008, 11:07 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last night had been lousy. I'd shut myself in my room quite early in the evening after yet another argument with okaasan. Nothing to do but watch the clock... nothing else was any more interesting that night. Not music, or drawing, the computer, the meal I missed. I didn't take any time to puzzle over the Mihariban, or anything else. I tried looking at my schoolbooks, once. No good. Sentences ran into each other, ordinary words suddenly didn't make sense.

Everything was... out of focus. Save one thing. One thing that refused to be shut away. Or perhaps it was more accurate to say… one person.

I skipped breakfast too and got to the station a while early. The train was a little quieter than usual, not that that made a lot of difference. It just made it easier to think, unfortunately.

I arrived at the school a little later than normal, though certainly not late enough to be worried. I passed Rakuin as I went inside the main doors and said 'ohayo', then went quickly on to A-1. I scanned the room quickly from the doorway. Sadoru, Fushida, Nagashima, Tanaka, Icchan, Tak- oh no he's here, he's here, he's here, he's here, stop staring at him you moron! I went to my desk swiftly and sat down. It's fine, it's fine, he probably didn't even see you come in. Just don't look at him and it'll be fine. So I sat still, doing my best impression of a person who wasn't going crazy over the mere presence of another person on the other side of the room. It probably worked quite well. Perhaps it would have worked better if my eyes had just not kept darting over to his desk every ten seconds or so.

06.10.2008, 05:29 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The first thing I thought when I woke up this morning and rolled over to look at my alarm clock was something similar to: Eurghhhhhh.

I'd overslept thanks to being up half the night playing music to mother. She'd caught a cold and begged me to play my flute to her until she fell asleep, apparantly it makes her feel better. Its not that I mind doing it, its just everytime she was almost asleep her phone would ring or her laptop would give a little blooop and inform her of a new E-mail. When she finally nodded off it was around 1, maybe 2, in the morning.

Really, I spoil her. Shes more like my kid then I am hers...Then again she never really has taken to motherhood very well eh?

I dressed in a rush, giving my hair a few futile brushes to try and tame the tangled mess it had become but in the end just had to settle for tying the worst of it down with a ribbon and crossing my fingers for good luck. My uniform wasnt helping, with my skirt seeming to have shrunk whilst my shirt was too big. I did my best, even remembering too knot a tie loosely around my neck. All in all, a thorough mess of a person.

I was driven to school, eating a slice of toast on the way, and managed to arrive at school not too late.

I wanted to be early though, to be one of the first people there so I could prepare myself properly and not appear to be a complete idiot.

By the time I finally entered the classroom, clutching several books in my arms, my nerves were going haywire.

Calm down! They don't bite.

As I walked in through the door I managed to trip over my own feet and whilst trying not to fall over dropped all my books.

"Baka..." I growled under my breath, slowly gathering up the books and all the loose sheets of paper that had fallen out of them.

"Good morning everyone!" I said weakly from my knelt position on the floor.

What a klutz. There goes the 'not appearing to be an idiot' plan.

06.10.2008, 06:31 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Oh, morning Tanaka-san. And thanks for not greeting me in loud ecstacy, I'm still beat."
He gave me a smile, which I returned, "Beat in a good way, I hope? Did you do anything afterwards?"

He seemed to consider this for a moment before answering. I took this chance to seat myself in the empty desk in front of him and rest my head in my hands. He wasn't the only one tired. As I sat, he turned the conversation in a completely different direction that caused me to open my eyes a little.
quote:
"Oh yeah, guess what I didn't find today. Here's a clue: Torii gate."

"Oh right!" I said, sitting up a little more straight, "You know, I meant to ask you about that yesterday...but you left in such a hurry that I never got the chance. What's so special about this Torii gate?"

There was some sort of connection there that Icchan and Na-chan understood but it eluded me.

06.10.2008, 06:31 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Morning!"
The two behind me chirped at the same time. Sitting down, I found them both facing me. Maho with a questioning look and Okayu-san with a question.
quote:
"All refreshed and refuelled after the weekend?"
I looked at him for a moment, wary but then seeing the friendly look on his face, grinned. "Of course. And who wouldn't be after that fanastic party of yours'. Thanks for that," I said, glancing at Maho.

Yes totally charged.

"And you guys? Feeling ready to face this week?"

Now, where did this friendly creature surface from?

No...she didn't surface...more like she was born!

06.10.2008, 06:41 PM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The class began to wake up, more people arrived. Kazuo came in and quickly sat down. I glanced over and nodded a friendly and silent hello. He kept glancing our way and looked nervous.

You're looking at Fushida aren't you? I was more and more convinced something was going down between those two. She'd turned her back to him now which I thought was significant... she was relaxed and playing it cool, obviously aware he was there.

quote:
"Of course. And who wouldn't be after that fantastic party of yours'. Thanks for that."
I glanced away from Fushida back at Nagashima-san, "Not a problem, it was great having you all, I'm glad it worked as well as it did, it was touch and go in a couple of places." Like people panicking when other people got lost at stations... but I won't mention that.
quote:
There was a loud crash behind me and a muttered curse. I turned to see Kashikoi-san bending down retrieving papers and books, "I am," I said over my shoulder looking back at Nagashima with a grin, "Some seem less so. Sumimasen." I hopped off the desk and went round it and squatted down beside the cutest accident zone in 1-A. I picked up one or two stray sheets that had slid furthest away near the sensei's desk and handed them to her.
quote:
"Good morning everyone!"
She said, clearly embarrassed. "Here," still squatting I offered the papers, "Watch out, gravity can be a little tricky sometimes."

06.11.2008, 03:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was getting more and more tensed up. People I knew went by but none noticed me, thank the stars, I didn't want to explain myself again.

Where are you?

What if he was late? What if he was ill and didn't come in at all?

I checked my watch again, it would be time for the bell soon. I began to hop from one foot to the other with nerves but still keeping well back and hidden, just peering round the end of the locker row from time to time.

Have to go soon! Have to go! Come on!

06.11.2008, 03:25 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"That would be something to see."
I bet. He had one of those boy looks in his eyes, poor thing.

She sat and looked back at me. Just putting down a bag and her books and pulling back a chair and sitting and... and... looking back at me.

I need a desk that faces the other way, how am I going to cope with this all day? Knowing you're behind me? All week? All semester? That last thought made me feel weak.

Sadoru-san asked if she was OK and she replied.
quote:
"Thanks for that," she added on the end, glancing at me
You're welcome, I nodded back, once, the pleasure was all mine. Or rather, my eyebrow went up again, the dratted thing wouldn't stay still this morning, I hope it wasn't.

I unfolded my arms and lay one hand on my chair back, the other on my desk, turning now fully sideways in my seat.
quote:
Stupid question. I smiled a little, "I guess. I mean, I'm sure I'll find a way to struggle through somehow. I still haven't done Friday's math homework. Needs to be in Wednesday. Did you open it?"

"I mean, did you do it?"
I corrected quickly.

Then Sadoru-san answered her but just before that there was a noise nearby and he got up and went round the desk to help someone out. I could hear Kashikoi-san's voice but it seemed a million miles away in a solar system that didn't affect me.

I turned back to her, a question in my eyes, well, did you?

Post last edited by Maho_Fushida on 06.11.2008, 04:19 AM.

06.11.2008, 03:44 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"What's so special about this Torii gate?"
I blinked. "You're... kidding, right?"

Nope, she ain't.

I rolled my eyes in disbelief. What was that about some people being bright until they open their mouths?

"Oh come on, the only place you'd find a torii gate is at a shrine. THIS school was a shrine. You can't miss the connection."

"Ah, whatever, it's too early to be arguing anyway, and I'm not in the mood. Point is, I didn't see anything resembling it at the school's entrance. A fine wild goose chase it's turned out to be so far,"
I finished my point.

I leaned back and sighed (again). "I just hope Kazami-sensei will have some good news for me when I see her later."

06.11.2008, 11:40 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Here,"
Sadoru said, kneeling down beside me and offering me a few of my dropped papers.

"Arigato!" I beamed, accepting the papers and tucking them back into my bundle of note books.

quote:
Watch out, gravity can be a little tricky sometimes."

"Tell me about it." I laughed, clambering too my feet.

"I think the problem must be, i'm so small that I actually fall upwards."

"I mean that or i'm just plain clumsy. Personally I prefer the gravity idea." I winked.

See? This isn't so bad. I mean yeah sure he probably thinks your the most accident-prone person on this planet, but he didnt laugh at you or anything.

06.11.2008, 12:05 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I rolled sleepily out of bed when my alarm woke me. It felt too early, but that was probably a result of the unusually taxing weekend.

Once I was ready, I made my way to school, still quite tired. Eventually, I arrived, hoping that I wasn't late after having walked so slowly. I walked on through the gate, gazing at the ground, and noticing through half-shut eyes how there was suddenly a dark patch following my feet. Oh. It's you.

I went in and wandered along to Class 1-A, then opened the door to hear a small explosion. Or is it an implosion? It's hard to tell the difference sometimes...

Looking at the source of the noise, I saw Kashikoi, sitting on the floor in a heap of books and loose paper. Why am I not surprised? It was lucky that Sadoru decided to get up and help her out, because I still wasn't conscious enough to pick up books without ending up on the floor myself.

So I walked to my usual seat, put my backside on the chair, my bag on the desk and my head on the bag. "Night night..."

06.11.2008, 12:21 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
"Arigato!"
She beamed at me, putting the papers away. What can you do? Not much, so I did all I could do and beamed back at her. Like yawning. Completely infectious. I made a joke about being cautious,

quote:
"Tell me about it. I think the problem must be, I'm so small that I actually fall upwards."

"I mean that or I'm just plain clumsy. Personally I prefer the gravity idea."
She stood up. I did too, “Personally I just think it’s good you start close to the ground, less speed when you hit the floor.” I handed her one last sheet that had slid under her desk. “Oh, and by the way – ohayo gozaimasu. And it is good,” I glanced out the window and turned back, “No rain today.” I returned the wink.

06.11.2008, 01:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
“Personally I just think it’s good you start close to the ground, less speed when you hit the floor.”

"Huh." I said, tilting my head whilst I thought the idea through "I think you might just have something there!" I took the last sheet with a grateful smile, tucking my bundle against my stomach with one hand and running my spare hand through my hair.

quote:
“Oh, and by the way – ohayo gozaimasu. And it is good,”

Whats good?

Oh the morning.

Wow, mornings really dont help me in the intelligence department.

"I think every mornings good though, I mean no matter what happened its a lovely fresh start, ne?" I said cheerfully.

quote:
“No rain today.”

I couldn't help blushing, my hand still in my hair I looked downwards to hide my embarassment.

He's never going to forget that now I bet, oh well...

"I like the rain, its....adventurous." I giggled, removing my hand from my hair and holding it up so my hand was level with my shoulder. I grimaced at my too-big shirt sleeves.

"Look at this!" I said, gesturing at my shirt "I am actually shrinking." I laughed, and shook my head in a "oh well!" kind of way.

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 06.11.2008, 05:19 PM.

06.11.2008, 05:19 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

He rolled his eyes at me, which I didn't appreciate. Especially since he proceeded to miss my point.

quote:
"Oh come on, the only place you'd find a torii gate is at a shrine. THIS school was a shrine. You can't miss the connection."
I held back and eye-roll of my own and said, "Well, yes. We already knew that. I meant to the Shadows...you still think that for some reason or other, the Shadows are a result of the Shrine being torn down or whatever...was it torn down? I mean, have you found out anything about it?"
quote:
"Ah, whatever, it's too early to be arguing anyway, and I'm not in the mood. Point is, I didn't see anything resembling it at the school's entrance. A fine wild goose chase it's turned out to be so far."
"No sign at all...maybe it wasn't at the front entrance? And I'm not arguing."

He leant back and sighed:
quote:
"I just hope Kazami-sensei will have some good news for me when I see her later."
...Kazami-sensei? The art teacher...

"What would that be? And what does she have to do with all this?"

I waited, thinking, I know he thinks I'm stupid...but I just don't think in the same he does...whichever that is. It seems like a long time ago he decided that this shrine was central to the Shadows...and I wish he'd tell me why because it doesn't seem like that to me...

I stared at the ground as he answered, a part of me half-listening to a very normal, probably fun conversation next to me. Not that I didn't want to be a part of this one...I just thought that the two were interesting when juxtaposed.

Maybe he's right, I thought, looking back up at him, ...too early in the morning. Too early for Icchan.

06.11.2008, 06:37 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
"I think every mornings good though, I mean no matter what happened its a lovely fresh start, ne?"
I thought of someone lying in bed at home, sick. My mind deleted the drip stand from the image. "Yes, mornings are a fresh start. They're good." I put those thoughts aside and smiled again.

I teased her about the subject of rain and she at once blushed and looked down. Heh, cute, though unfair to get such a reaction with a curveball...

quote:
"I like the rain, its....adventurous."
She giggled and then said something about her shirt and made a joke about shrinking. I smiled at her and just stood there a moment until she stopped. "About the rain. I didn't bring it up to embarrass you. I didn't hear the full story but it didn't seem to be your fault at all. I'm thinking it wasn't anyone's fault, my guess is something impulsive happened and that's that. Hey, you covered her up. You did the right thing, so don't feel awkward about it. I was just a bit bothered about my mom seeing or you two catching a cold or something and your families having a go at me and mine. That's all. As it turned out no-one got sick and no mothers went on the rampage. Its over and that's that. Okay?"

"All I want to say is... well, it did look a lot of fun, you go ahead and have fun, those of us who gotta run breakfast stuff will just enjoy the dancing."

"And I mean the clothed stuff!"
I added hurriedly lest I give the wrong impression. I felt I was digging a deeper and deeper hole here. I spread my palms out and down to the sides, "It's done and over, I'm just saying no hard feelings even though I was a bit cross at the time, I was... well, worried I guess. A bit about you guys but a bit selfishly too. So. I want to apologise for that."

Idiot. That... didn't go so well.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.12.2008, 10:29 AM.

06.12.2008, 08:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I was taken aback.

"Um no, I didn't say the shrines were connected to the shadows..." But it's still too early to be arguing, I thought.

"If the gate's still here, it has to be there. The side gate's too small, as is the back gate. Besides, if the shadow can't leave the front gate, that should be the boundary, shouldn't it?"

Boundary? Hmm... now there's an idea. Drag Takako or Hissori around the school to map out the boundary. I'm they'll just say "Yeah sure!" and submit themselves to me.

Yeah, right.

"Kazami-sensei has a friend at the Munakata Memorial museum. I just asked her to find out more, that's all."

"Argh, I hate mornings,"
I exclaimed.

"By the way, what did you do after the party? Go for another? Ah ha ha, 'course not, eh?" I joked.

06.12.2008, 11:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
"Um no, I didn't say the shrines were connected to the shadows..."
I suppose not directly... I thought but let him continue.
quote:
"If the gate's still here, it has to be there. The side gate's too small, as is the back gate. Besides, if the shadow can't leave the front gate, that should be the boundary, shouldn't it?"
"Interesting...you don't think that they're just not choosing to leave, rather than they can't? After all...there's two Shadows we know of that travel outside..." I trailed off, my eyes widening, "...and both of them are in someone...like they need a host?"

Looking tired, he brought up Kazami-sensei and I questioned him about that.
quote:
"Kazami-sensei has a friend at the Munakata Memorial museum. I just asked her to find out more, that's all."
"Ah, well, that's something to look forward to. And she's being helpful? Unlike some of the staff? I wonder why...Oh! That reminds me, weren't you going to go look at the shrine in Kyoto? Have you thought about when you're going to do that?"

We chatted back and forth like this for a bit before he finally tired of the subject.
quote:
"Argh, I hate mornings,"
I laughed softly at this, "Definitely not a morning person, then? I rather enjoy mornings...sunny ones, mind. Though, today, I think I could have probably used a sleep in."
quote:
"What did you do after the party? Go for another? Ah ha ha, 'course not, eh?"

My eyes flicked up but I made them look at Icchan rather than in the direction I knew they'd go if I let them. "Not a party, no. I went to a concert...classical stuff. It was very..." I searched for the appropriate word and finding none suitable, finished lamely, "...pretty."

The music had been pretty...but that word hardly did justice for the feelings it had arroused in me. And then there was the company. I ordered my heart to stop beating so loudly and asked Icchan, "And you? I don't suppose you went to any more wild parties." My face slipped into an easy smile once more.

One thing about Icchan...he's very good at distracting people in his own way, which unfortunately wasn't the best...but at this, right now, seems harmless enough. And it helps that I'm easily distracted.

06.14.2008, 02:12 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I blinked. "Shrine in Kyoto? What shrine?"

quote:
"Not a party, no. I went to a concert...classical stuff. It was very... ... ... pretty."

Long pause. Talk about suspicious. I raised an eyebrow.

quote:
"And you? I don't suppose you went to any more wild parties."
My eyebrow didn't let up.

"Spent the day at the library and at home, boring stuff. Sadly, I don't have much of a life. Don't have many friends, remember?"

"Concert sounds nice, though. How was it? Who did you go with?"

06.14.2008, 07:08 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As usual I had got to school very early, I’m often one of the first on campus. I went to the gym, got changed and got a set of starting blocks from the storeroom. Outside I practiced my sprint starts for half an hour then packed things away, showered and went in to class. I arrived with some time before the five minute bell was due to go and went straight to my seat, not speaking to anyone, just nodding a few silent hellos here and there.

06.14.2008, 09:54 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks