QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are your favourite quotes?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions What are your favourite quotes? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sometimes you can find some pretty cool quotes just by looking at sigs on DeviantART.

I really liked this one:

"Life is like gambling; you play and sometimes you lose. But if you never play, you will never win."

And this one... it has two possible meanings, and personally I can't figure out which one it is... Here it is:

"They say that Kanda has the body of a twelve-year old boy, but no one knows where he's keeping it..."

My Anime List

05.12.2008, 01:45 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"look a big distraction" it works better when you point in a random direction.lol

05.14.2008, 12:41 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
SpiritedSen,
I never knew,
Back again,
From whence she flew.

Here for now,
Welcome back,
Post for us,
Take up the slack.

Newbie I,
Wasn't here,
Raise the glass
And have a beer!

Dude, that's amazing! Nobody's ever written me a poem before! Thanks husky, you rock! (^-^)

05.14.2008, 04:17 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

k, this is kinda long, but i love it. its from the dgm manga.

Allen: (to unconcious lenalee) I'm sorry, i made you cry...I'm sorry i couldn't save him...
(lenalee wakes up)
Allen: Lenalee!
Lenalee: Allen-kun...
allen: yeah...I'm sorry, Lnalee, so sorry...
Lenalee: why apologize? If it's because of suman, you already saved him. (sits up and stroked Allen's cheek) He was not mudured savagely, his heart was saved by you....Welcome back, Allen-kun!
Allen: (starts crying) I'm back...( places hand on Lenalees hand) I'm back,Lenalee!
(they slowly lean towards eachother)
Bookman: oh, so youre awake?
(Camera zooms out to see everyone sitting around them, Allen and Lenalee are surprised)
Lavi: (suggestively) What, is Allen-kun crying?
Allen: (blushing) i-i-
Lenalee: well, lavi cried when he heard about you, Allen.
Allen: oh he did, did he? Must have been bawling!
Lavi: (angrily, blushing) i did no such thing!
Allen: aw, come on lavi, you know you love me.
Lavi: i do not!
(everyone laughs as they argue)

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

Post last edited by harmony-of-mar on 05.14.2008, 06:12 AM.

05.14.2008, 05:58 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"The only constant is the ever increasing rate of change." - Peter Gabriel.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.14.2008, 08:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Sen...

You are more than welcome, my dear... Always happy to meet Ghibli fans. There are a few here in the area where I live as I have had them react to the tattoos on my arms. One of Totoro and the other a 'kodama'. Only prob is that they are all MUCH younger than I, lol

topic:

hmmmm...

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" John Fitzgerald Kennedy

05.14.2008, 04:23 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"just cos its in a jar doesn't mean it's vegimite."

05.14.2008, 05:24 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
harmony-of-mar
Baron

(tykki and allen are playing strip poker, allen is winning, tykki has lost everything but his boxers.)
tykki: one more round!
allen: very well, but first please wash your underwear.

05.15.2008, 06:01 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ harms - LOLs, Allen's scary when he plays cards. Course, Tyki was in disguise at the time. If he wasn't, the two of them would have been trying to blow each other to bits.

There's something so wrong about the fact that Allen always cheats at cards.

My Anime List

05.15.2008, 09:11 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would post some quotes from Gagrin Way, a play I did in English. But I think I would get banned for it.

So I'll settle with:
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

05.15.2008, 09:13 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mitch Hedberg:

When you get lost in the woods... build a house. "Well I was lost, but now I live here."

or

I hate arrows, they always look like they are pointing in some direction. If I was killed by an arrow I dont think they would ever solve the crime. "Hm. I wonder how this guy was killed. Hey! Let's go that way."

05.15.2008, 10:33 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
harmony-of-mar
Baron

this is when lavi sees chomesuke.

"strike! oh...but you an akuma....BUT SO CUTE! NO! get togother lavi...akuma akuma akuma....BUT A CUTE AKUMA! oh, what is a man to do..."

05.15.2008, 05:36 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"The only constant is the ever increasing rate of change." - Peter Gabriel.

The math nerd in me wants to say "How can an increasing value be a constant?" but I will stifle the urge.

-----

* "Whoever destroys a soul, it is considered as if he destroyed an entire world. And whoever saves a life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world."
o Jerusalem Talmud, Sanhedrin 4:8 (37a)

*"Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."
o Siddartha Guatama Buddha

05.15.2008, 10:50 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"where were you when they gave out the brain"

05.15.2008, 10:51 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Mr. Gorbachav, tear down that wall" Ronald Reagan...

Delivered at the Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany June 12, 1987

05.16.2008, 12:06 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
harmony-of-mar
Baron

"now we all no when god gave out paranoia, frank got in line twice-"
"the third time he accused the angels of spying on him."

05.16.2008, 01:49 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"I am a nice shark. Not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image. I must first change myself. Fish are friends. Not food." (Finding Nemo)

"That's all very well for you to say. You're not some evil talking tree." (Shrek the Third)

"It wasn't me. It was my inner monkey." (My Hero)

"Hello. My name is Inigo Mantoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." (Princess Bride)

"Tobanee buta wa tada no buta da." translation: A pig who doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig. (Porco Rosso)

"In my experience the truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination." (Garak - DS9)

"Well you do have one problem. If all you can hallucinate about are Quark's maintainance problems, you have a sadly deficient fantasy life." (Dr. Bashir - DS9)

"The god damn pen is blue!" (Liar, Liar)

"Let me just correct you on a few things. Aristotle was not Belgian. The central tenet of Buddhism is not 'every man for himself', and the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up." (A Fish Called Wanda)

"That's my name. Don't wear it out, Maximillion, or I'll make you buy me a new one." (Batman Returns)

"Let's get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!" (Galaxy Quest)

"You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." (Monty Python's Holy Grail)

-----------------------------------------
Copied and pasted off my fanfic profile. Because everyone's always asking for favourite quotes and I can never remember all of mine.

This is not all of my favourites, by the way. Not even close.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

05.18.2008, 07:27 PM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
seasprite
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.22.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seasprite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

bit of herrick (excuse if i missquote)

how sweetly flows
the liquefaction of her clothes

06.02.2008, 02:35 PM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"You're luggage!" - Arnie Schwarzenegger upon shooting dead a crocodile in some film or other he was in.

06.02.2008, 07:05 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hehe, I think my best Schwarzenegger one-liner is from 'Commando', when he says "Let off some steam Bennent" after he throws a peice of pipe through his adversarys torso and impalls him to a ruptured heating out vent. Classic!

06.02.2008, 07:24 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks