QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - funny stuff
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions funny stuff Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've got a Word document full of great headlines. For example:

"Quarter of a million Chinese live on water"
"Two convicts evade noose, jury hung"
"House passes gas tax onto senate"
"Police begin campaign to run down jaywalkers"
"Deaf mute gets new hearing in killing"
"Milk drinkers are turning to powder"

And it gets better than that.

04.27.2008, 07:20 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
seasprite
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.22.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seasprite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

oh wow!!!! many chuckles

really sorry that tearface keeps appearing -- cant seem to get rid of the little booger--

04.27.2008, 07:33 AM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

With just over a week to go, here's a short comedy film about the ever-so-long awaited Indy 4

05.13.2008, 06:16 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This should be funny for any fellow Pan's Labyrinth fans:

Sexy Pale Man

05.13.2008, 08:42 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi

Sexy Pale Man

Oh I lol-ed at that. Funny in a creepy kind of way. Man, Pans Labyrinth was an excellent movie...never fails to give me the creeps xD

05.13.2008, 11:52 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

huh, funny... I hear a certain silence, like a lamb, or a cat.. like their not here! Could it be?

Oh, yeah, Kiki's gone for a week...

well, 5 days at least... lol yayness?
lol

05.13.2008, 11:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi

Sexy Pale Man

Some bits of that were quite good. At other points I didn't get the impression that there was much editing though... Quite funny though.

05.14.2008, 04:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, searching for something else and found this... from a site called "Scotland.my.home"...

Ode to a Fart

Oh what a sleekit horrible beast
lurks in your belly after a feast.
Just as you sit down among your kin
there starts to stir an enormous yin.
The neeps an tatties and mushy peas
start working like a gentle breeze.
But soon the pudding that you face
will have you blowin all over the place.
No matter what the hell you dae
everyone will have to pay.
Even when you try to stifle
its like a bullet out a rifle.
You hold your bum tight to the chair
and try to stop the leakin air.
You shift yourself from cheek to cheek
and pray to god it does not reek.
But all your efforts go asunder
when out it comes like a clap of thunder.
It ricochets around the room
the noise is like a sonic boom.
God almighty it fairly reeks
i hope i have not s**t my breeks.
Too the bog i better scurry
oh whats the use its not my worry.
Everybody round about is chokin
one or two are nearly boakin.
I'll feel better in a while
i cannot help but raise a smile.
"Was him" i shout with an accusing glower
but its too late he's just keeled ower.
"You dirty bugger" they shout and stare
i dont feel welcome any mair.
But where you go let your wind go free
sounds like good advice to me.
What a fuss at rabbies party
all because of one wee farty.

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.14.2008, 03:56 PM.

05.14.2008, 03:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

That made me laugh. Although I don't quite get the bit about mushy peas. I was always under the impression that it was an English invention.

05.14.2008, 05:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Some bits of that were quite good. At other points I didn't get the impression that there was much editing though... Quite funny though.

I know what you mean, but heck: they could have shown a still image of the Pale Man with that music playing and I still would've laughed.

05.14.2008, 06:12 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow! the plae man is hilarious in such a disturbing way.

Check out my music:

05.14.2008, 09:40 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i'll tell you something thats funny: when two legend of zelda fans meet. this is what happened today.

my mate yana:...so then i was playing zelda-
me: ( stands up, knocking lunch everywhere, leans across table)ZELDA?!TWILIGHTPRINCESS?!
Yana: (stands up, grabs my collar) orcarinaoftime!
me: evenbetteriloveorcarina!
yana:gozelda!
me:wooh!
(high five, both sit back down, we see everyone staring at us.)
both: what?

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

05.15.2008, 02:25 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
husky51
The Old Guy

Found this one at the same time I found the other one...
Little bit different, but I thought that you might enjoy

Ode to a Fart

A fart it is a pleasant thing,
It gives the belly ease,
It warms the bed in winter,
And suffocates the fleas.

A fart can be quiet,
A fart can be loud,
Some leave a powerful,
Poisonous cloud

A fart can be short,
Or a fart can be long,
Some farts have been known
To sound like a song......

A fart can create
A most curious medley,
A fart can be harmless,
Or silent , and deadly.

A fart might not smell,
While others are vile,
A fart may pass quickly,
Or linger a while......
A fart can occur
In a number of places,
And leave everyone there,
With strange looks
On their faces.

From wide-open prairie,
To small elevators,
A fart will find all of
Us sooner or later.

But farts are all bad,
Is simply not true -
We must never forget.......
Sweet old farts like you!

05.16.2008, 12:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dr. Tran is funny lol rofl

05.16.2008, 12:34 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
FullyFunctional
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FullyFunctional Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've always found this video really funny :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=806WcVhbUlw

05.17.2008, 05:59 PM FullyFunctional is offline   Profile for FullyFunctional Add FullyFunctional to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

If a deaf child swears in sign language, will his mother wash his hands out with soap?

try out this video, funny...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W4TfSDsKoY

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.22.2008, 11:51 AM.

05.22.2008, 11:39 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Orphic Okapi
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by FullyFunctional
I've always found this video really funny :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=806WcVhbUlw

It may be juvenile, but hey, I thought it was really funny too. I'd like to think it was real, but I have a strong hunch it was set up, since the boss doesn't seem to notice the camera. Maybe they had it hidden really well?

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
try out this video, funny...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W4TfSDsKoY

Those kids are geniuses. If I had a kid, I would be proud to say he was able to come up with a prank half that good.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 05.22.2008, 05:03 PM.

05.22.2008, 05:03 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

We had a show around in the 70's I think it was called "Candid Camera" and it was copied worldwide. One of the funniest episodes that I ever saw was this...

Picture a tall, multistory parking structure with a spiral ramp.

OK, now you drive up in your car and the valet gets in and procedes to drive up the ramp, out of sight. When he starts out, he 'chirps' or squeals the tires a bit..

Then, as you're standing there, you hear all the tire screeching going on as your car is driven recklessly up the ramp...

THEN!

CRASH! (sounds of fenders crunching, glass breaking, etc)

and down the ramp to your feet rolls a coil spring from the cars suspension...

the looks on the peoples faces was beautiful...

of course, if it had been me, I might not have been so amused...

Anyway, the only actual 'real' noise was the original 'chirping' of the tires, all the rest was recorded...

Another one was a car that would 'break' in half and the front half would drive off, leaving the rear portion sitting in the street...

Or another with TWO drivers. One in front and one in back, each facing out the window in front of them... Only which was 'front'??? and both ends steered separately!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.24.2008, 12:01 AM.

05.23.2008, 11:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahgpjoP9XVU

05.24.2008, 05:26 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by ..Ayami..
XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahgpjoP9XVU

hahaha, I can't believe I watched the WHOLE thing......

05.24.2008, 03:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks