QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #3
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #3 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And she did... giggle, and give the "I'm so embarrassed" routine.
But then she caught herself and, more contained, asked:

quote:
"Your music. On your iPod, you were listening to it yesterday, what do you listen to?"

"Oh.. hmm. Mainly english stuff. Folk specifically. Sometimes rock. I was listening to Patrick Wolf the other day. Do you know him?"

10.23.2007, 05:32 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Mainly english stuff. Folk specifically. Sometimes rock. I was listening to Patrick Wolf the other day. Do you know him?"
I looked up at him, "What's it like?"

10.23.2007, 06:10 PM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Folk?"
I had often come across people who didnt like Folk, but rarely across someone who didnt know the genre, and never someone who so blatantly declared. I didnt mind though. Maybe I could convert someone to the genre.
"Its more calm than most music. Mostly based around guitars. The lyrics are mostly important as well. The most famous folk singer is Bob Dylan. Maybe you've heard of him."

"What about you, what do you listen to?"

It was then that it occurred to me that her question might have referred specifically to Patrick Wolf. I was about to correct myself but decided not too. I hadnt been rude or disdaining in my answer so it was only a matter of a simple misunderstanding.

10.23.2007, 06:21 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
natsuba
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Still looking up I said, "No, I meant up there. What's it like?"

10.23.2007, 06:24 PM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Loscil
Baron

Okay. It was a joke. I get it.
A little sudden from someone who
a) is always silent
b) I've only talked to for a minute.
Still... what do I do?
Get offended? Why shouldn't I? Im taller than most people, but by no means a giant. There were 1 or 2 people in class taller than me.
But.. get offended over such a small thing? No sir, not my style.
The only way to react was to go along and, if possible, think of a good comeback.

"Nice and high up. I have a good view over the classroom when Im this high up."

I averted my eyes from hers and looked at the top of her head and then back at her.

"High enough to see the flies mating in your hair."

10.23.2007, 06:35 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
natsuba
Ohmu

Oh my word! Oh no! I offended him!

I went bright red and wished the ground would open.

"Uh... gomen nasai... I'm really so... gomen..."

I stared at my desk.

baka!

10.23.2007, 06:46 PM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Loscil
Baron

And she took it the wrong way. Should have known. The stutterin "im so sorry" routine came back.
She didnt realise I wasn't only joking either.

"Oh.. no, its okay."

"And about the flies... I wasn't joking, two flies seem to be caught in your hair."

I leaned over a little, and continued:

"Want me to take them out from my... superior standpoint?"

I wondered how she would react to that. I suddenly felt the urge to push the conversation a little further. She was so terminally shy and easily embarrassed that it was almost fun to see her reactions.
Before I went on, however, I waited for her answer.

10.23.2007, 07:04 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I kept my eyes on her as I walked passed her and sat down. It was fine until I sat down, until I pulled out my books and straightened in my seat to find her turned around and looking at me...talking to me.

quote:
“Ohayo gozaimasu, Nagashima-san. How did you get on with the Japanese or geography homework last night?”

Why?! Why are you talking to me? I didn't understand...from the moment I'd met Fushida-san she'd been nasty to me. Why this pretense now, then? It didn't make sense...she didn't make sense. I looked down and saw my hands clutching at my skirt and then back up into her eyes.

That just confused me more so I looked down at the homework she was referring to and said, "Eh? The homework...yeah, it was fine. What about you?" I looked up and cursed myself immediately. Great, now you've engaged yourself in a conversation, I thought to myself.

10.23.2007, 10:10 PM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
natsuba
Ohmu

quote:
"And about the flies... I wasn't joking, two flies seem to be caught in your hair. Want me to take them out from my... superior standpoint?"
I was puzzled by this. Is he being nasty to me because I was nasty to him? But I wasn’t nasty… I was just trying to be light hearted… no not light hearted, that’s not right… I was just… ah, so complicated, everything twists and turns.

I kept my head down and nodded.

“Onegai.”

“Let me just reach down from way up here. Be patient, this may take a while…”

I felt his fingers in my hair…

“These are big fingers, but delicate…”

Oh, for heaven’s sake! Just… ARGH!

Then after he brushed my hair I looked at him again. My face felt bright red.

“Arigato, you see I was by the window and had it open a little and they must have flown in, gomen, I wasn’t trying to be rude, even though it must have come out sounding that way I didn’t mean it I was just trying to start a conversation, perhaps people should get to know each other before trying out the jokes and things, hm? and my name’s Natsuba, Ameashi Natsuba pleased to meet you.”

It all came out in a long rush and at the end I nodded a small bow-y type nod.

“Ha…”

And I added a smile for good measure.

Baka, now he thinks you’re dumb as well as rude.

10.24.2007, 06:00 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Eh? The homework...yeah, it was fine. What about you?"
I watched carefully. Interesting. And surprising. She was as more, if not more nervous and keyed up when I was nice to her than when I was nasty. Figures, I guess. She doesn’t trust you, she thinks nice is going to turn into nasty any time now. But she is cute when she’s like this, more than when she’s angry. And probably more pliable too. Angry reacts unpredictably, nervous might do too of course, but she looks cuter when doing it. Let’s try this then…

“Hai, I finished it all. I was thinking…” and I got out my Japanese and geography notebooks, “If you wanted to borrow my notes, here. Feel free.” I held the books out to her.

You got photocopies made up on dad’s study copier anyway, even if she throws a fit and hurls them out the window there’s nothing to lose. And lots to gain.
And just at that moment the third member of my thoughts came by,

quote:
“Hey, how was your night?”
I glanced at him with my hand held out. Ah, pity, now is not a good time. ‘How was your night’ eh? That’s an odd question. Not ‘how was your evening’. I knew what he meant but I gave a different answer. “Uh, Ohayo Seisaku-san! It was lovely. I had a great evening, arigato, and I’m looking forward to doing it again another time.” Might as well milk the situation for all it’s worth while she’s in earshot…

10.24.2007, 06:21 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

quote:
“I wasn’t trying to be rude, even though it must have come out sounding that way I didn’t mean it I was just trying to start a conversation, perhaps people should get to know each other before trying out the jokes and things, hm? and my name’s Natsuba, Ameashi Natsuba pleased to meet you.”

"No worries. Im not offended, just a little... surprised by the unusual conversation starter. Morimoto Takeo by the way."

"Nice to meet you too. I had noticed that mostly, you're the type of person that keeps itself to itself., if that makes sense. What do I owe the sudden change in initiave to?"

10.24.2007, 09:00 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
natsuba
Ohmu

quote:
“Morimoto Takeo by the way.”
“Hai!” I bowed again, smiling, eyes closed, “Takeo-kun! Ah, is it alright if I call you Takeo-kun?”

He went on.

quote:
“You're the type of person that keeps itself to itself, if that makes sense. What do I owe the sudden change in initiative to?”
“Hai! Well I know a couple of the quieter girls in the class, I don’t suppose you’ve heard them talking either! We’re a quiet lot, quiet as little mice and I have some of my friends from middle school but they all went into other classes and I see them at lunchtime and at clubs and we talk of course but in this class with this shadow thing going on I don’t have anyone to talk with much so I thought I’d say… uh… gomen, I thought I’d say…. Ohayo!” And I grinned again, drawing breath for the first time since I started.

“Ha… well… sorry to disturb you.” And I looked out the window again.

10.24.2007, 09:32 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Loscil
Baron

quote:
“Takeo-kun! Ah, is it alright if I call you Takeo-kun?”

I chuckled a little and then added "Whatever makes you happy!"
quote:
But in this class with this shadow thing going on I don’t have anyone to talk with much so...

"Hmm. It is interesting, you're right. Im just... trying to stay out of the matter. I always want to get involved with things, and once I have I always wish I hadnt... so this time Im doing it right and staying out of it from the very beginning. Unless of course I end up getting dragged into it anyway, and about the disturbing... dont worry. I wasn't really doing anything anyway."

I waited in case she would reply, and then turned back to face my desk and reverted to looking out of the window again.

10.24.2007, 10:06 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
natsuba
Ohmu

We both sat there looking out the window which was kind of… nice. Uncomplicated. Without looking at him I said,

“Arigato it was nice talking and next time you’ll have to tell me about this Pat-o-riko Wolfo although my English isn’t good so I might not understand much.”

10.24.2007, 11:27 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Her bus arrived. Several students piled off. Doors hissed closed and it pulled away. No Takako.

I checked my watch, the five minute bell would ring soon. Maybe she got the early bus? Maybe she’s in already? Glancing once more up the road hoping for I didn’t know what – an anime style Takako running along with a slice of toast in her mouth or something – I crossed the road and went into school.

No, she wasn’t in yet. I knew that the instant I went in the gate. She was there, waiting, as patient as a faithful dog. I nodded a silent "Ohayo" to her, stowed my gear and went upstairs. Already the numbers of students milling about was thinning, most were in homerooms already. Feeling less good than I had earlier I went into class. Mostly full and people were standing about chatting.

I smiled at Kazuo-san near the door “Ohayo,” I said as I went by. Seisaku-san who I’d briefly nodded to last week, was with two girls so I gave a casual “Hi.” to him and to Fushida-san and Nagashima-san who I knew only by name, smiling at them both and nodding.

I reached my desk and dumped my bag. The desk beside mine near the window was empty. A couple of desks behind me, the New Guy, Morimoto-san was gazing out the window. I didn’t interrupt him. I sat for a moment.

The thing is, apart from one person, you’ve not really made any friends yet, have you? Well there’s that guy but until he plays by the rules I’m not interested. You’ve chatted here and there to a few people, perhaps it’s time to make an effort. There’s certainly one important person you and Takako need to make friends with…

I glanced round. Yup, there he is at back of class.

10.24.2007, 12:11 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I lent against a pole on the bus and flipped open my phone and smiled at the screen. Then, I pushed some buttons and found myself viewing some text messages. Quickly, I replied to them, just before the bus pulled up to the school stop. Hopping off, I looked around and finding no familiar faces, made my way to school.

At the gates, I noticed her and giving a silent greeting, kept walking. Wonder why Aoi-chi isn't here yet...I hope she's not late again.

Upon reaching the classroom, I stepped through the door and my eyes unconsciously went to the back of the class but before they'd quite gotten there, they landed on Megumi-chan. I said hi to Kazuo-san and noticed Icchan sleeping on his desk but then turned my thoughts back to Megumi-chan. Another sad face? Worried and wondering what happened to the giggling girl I had known yesterday, I walked up to her and plopped down in the empty desk to her right.

"Morning," I said, "How's it going, Megumi-chan? Is everything all right? You don't seem like your usual happy self..."

Post last edited by fenkashi on 10.24.2007, 01:44 PM.

10.24.2007, 01:17 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I’d been sat there hoping for ages that Hibiki would come and say something but it seemed like he really didn’t like me and had no intention of filling in the big hole I felt was growing between us.

quote:
"Morning, How's it going, Megumi-chan? Is everything all right? You don't seem like your usual happy self..."
The voice crashed into my quiet space. I jumped, half hoping-expecting it to be him, but it wasn’t. It was that lovely kind forgiving Mai-chan.

And that was it, I couldn’t take anymore. I half rose, half fell over and collapsed against her, squashed my face to her front, held on as tight as I could and started crying all over again.

10.24.2007, 05:06 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

“Hai, I finished it all. I was thinking…If you wanted to borrow my notes, here. Feel free.”
And she held the books out to me. I didn't understand what she was trying to do acting as friendly as she was...like him except different. I couldn't figure out how but I knew there was something different and so I smiled at her and said, "A-arigatou...there were somethings from the geography homework that I wanted to check."

I paused for a second and then, thinking, Well, if I'm going along with whatever she's doing, might as well go all the way, I added, "And how was your night?"

But my question was answered as Seisaku-san walked up to her and asked the same thing. Ah so it was a date. Anger flashed through my mind again and then I thought, Wait...anger? Why? And I answered myself, Isn't it obvious silly, she's going around with all the guys she wants and Kawahara-kun is one of them. I frowned...Of course that's it. And I've handed him over to her for lunch and possibly forever...No! I won't let that happen. I'm not giving up...

My resolve made, I looked up when she had finished speaking with Seisaku-san, and spoke calmly, "Thank you for the notes and it's good to hear you enjoyed your evening but I'm going to make something clear right now. First of all, I don't hate you. In fact, I have no idea why or where all these silly insults are coming from. And second, Kawahara-kun...I- I'm not giving up on him...not until he makes his decision. I'll be trying my best till then."

"So, I'll stop saying stupid things to you and you can have this lunch with him...and maybe we can get along better afterwards?" I asked with a tentative smile.

Post last edited by hikari on 10.25.2007, 07:01 PM.

10.24.2007, 06:54 PM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She jumped at the sound of my voice and looked over at me. A flicker of disappointment shadowed her face and then was gone. Was that my imagination or does she not want to talk to me? But then she was up and stumbling and next thing I knew, she was crying into my chest.

Eh?! Looking down at her, I tried to hold her up right and look at her face but that fell through. She was holding on too tightly for me to shift her and crying. I looked around the classroom. I couldn't find Fubi-san...Who else...Hibiki-san! But then I thought better of that. Something told me he wasn't the type that was amazing at dealing with tears. I found his face and thought that maybe our eyes met for a second but then Megumi-chan had let out a fresh batch of tears and I looked down at her again, thinking, Now what was that look on his face?

So with little choice, I took her by the hand and led her to the washroom. There were a couple people there but they scurried out when they saw us and in a few seconds it was just the two of us there. At first, I just held her and let her cry her heart out, murmuring comforting things into her ears. But once she was done, I held at arms length and looked at her slightly red face, which I wiped with some kleenex. Then smiling at her, I gave her a big, long hug.

After I pulled away, I gave her a warm smile and said, "Now, tell me what's wrong and maybe I can help?"

10.25.2007, 12:12 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I pulled myself together to at least look towards her. I immediately wished I hadn't. She was crying. A lot. Noticeably.

Then just as I looked up, Tanaka glanced towards me. I looked away instantly. Damn... she must know it's my fault...

They walked out, and I kicked my bag. What is wrong with me? How do I manage to do these things?

Maybe you just can't help yourself.

10.25.2007, 03:03 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks