QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Isakaya High School - Tech Discussion ONLY
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Isakaya High School - Tech Discussion ONLY » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

now, i dont want to sound COMPLETELY impertinent, but what is this thingy? anyone care to give me a bit of an explanation, so far i gather it is some kinda of japanese role playing game? sounds like some thing i wouldnt mind trying/.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

07.30.2007, 05:31 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yup, got it in one. On some other thread J L Jones suggested we might wanna try a roleplaying thread. I've always been a fan of dressing up and playing altered egos so I thought I'd set up a RP thread. I chose one that is VERY simple to begin with, a Tokyo High School freshman class (so we're all 15 year olds) set in 2007. We each play a pupil (one of us needs to volunteer to be a teacher - the sensei) and we just interact with the other people around us via 1st person speech and descriptive text. We can take the game wherever we like although extreme weirdness like a huge Mecha attack or maybe some kind of Akira-style apocalypse wasn't in my initial plans.

I thought we could just try it and see where it took us.

I thought we'd try and give ourselves Japanese names, I suggest an online dictionary above. I'm Sadoru Okayu (for saddle tank). So far we have me, Momiji (name Hiro) and Roarkiller (who hasn't introduced himself) in the classroom first thing early in the morning first day of the new term (April) and arren18 (name unknown) is just standing outside the classroom in the corridor.

My hope is people will start other threads and call them other locations as we go (outside on benches, by the drinks machines, gym, music room, etc etc and players can move between different locations / threads).

But so far we just have the homeroom/classroom and we'll see it if kicks off.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.30.2007, 05:42 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

cool, im definitly in, ill probably be busy with homework and the like(kidding, its more like my job ) but i will defintely try to pop in the class room. ill check out everythign after my scholarship presentation, and then ill introduce myself. Good idea, applause.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

07.30.2007, 05:45 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ok, count me in aswell, I'll be in and out, probably more out, behind the bike sheds snogging! 8]

But my student name will be Suteki Danji (Dream Boy), and as such, if any girls are gonna be playing, you've got to fancy me, as I'm sooooo handsome!

07.30.2007, 06:44 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

i have an idea if there are no objections. if everyone could find a picture of the charachter they want to represent themselves, i can vector trace it and create uniforms so that we all have avatars more or less of our charachters. it would be cool imo.

Click for Gallery^^

07.30.2007, 06:58 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds fun. It's only been a few years since I was 15, I think I can act it believably So, just go into the role-playing thread and write myself an entrance?

07.30.2007, 07:37 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ok sanfan, put me in a school uniform

07.30.2007, 07:49 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the voices in anime is all and act though is it not?
dramatic and often over the top

07.30.2007, 07:53 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

quote:
Originally posted by Chihiros-Dream-Boy

Ok sanfan, put me in a school uniform

umm, ill try, but i dont do 3d, so ill see what i can do, do you have any uni ideas? cause if we can all agree on a show that has unis that we like, it would be easier, i really actually lack some cretiveness, when im given a blank canvas

Click for Gallery^^

07.30.2007, 08:36 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

I think Roarkiller will be able to advise on that?

07.30.2007, 08:38 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

i agree, we will let the resident anime expert make that call.

anyways, i think it might look wierd with the 3d anyways, i was hoping more for a regular anime drawn charachter, which i can then trace and edit better. but if you want that one, ill give it a go. it'll just take some time.

Click for Gallery^^

07.30.2007, 08:41 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

2D for t3h win. And in fact, if we're gonna have characters, I'd suggest going the easy way and just pick an existing character that you think suits your character best. Costumes not withstanding, although I don't hope to see anyone from the .hack series

Btw, since I haven't introduced myself, I'll post my entire biostats here. Basically, I'm hoping to emulate my true self right here (I'll be as detailed as possible).

Name: Mohamad Elias (yea that's my real name, use the 2nd name)
Nickname: Icchan (take my first syllable, add chan, because this is a japanese setting)
DOB: March 29
Characteristics: See avatar, lol. Slightly dark-skinned with slight Chinese features, skinny, 5ft6in. Shy, introvert, not very outspoken, but not insociable. And very frank.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 07.31.2007, 11:26 PM.

07.31.2007, 12:16 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

#1sanfan, the uniforms in Kare Kano are pretty good, but as we begin in April the boys would be wearing the usual winter uniform of black trousers/pants, white shirt and black military style jacket with stand up collar and a lot of close-set small black buttons. I've seen some uniforms that have a small badge on the collar military style but most don't. The collar edging and pocket flaps can have piping - white is common. In summer the boys just basically leave the jacket off but can have a small amount of choice over the type of top - collar shirt, collarless shirt, polo shirt, white tee shirt, that kind of thing.

Girls high school uniforms tend not to be the sailor fuku - that seems to be used more in middle schools, so the winter uniform might be black blazer over a white shirt, skirt (usually in anime ridiculously short although "Whispers" one was sensible). Kare Kano's one was a light blue plaid. It seems to be one of the features of anime for girls to wear dark thigh socks but I would bet that's an anime thing and not done in real Japan. But as this is an anime roleplay...

In summer the girls uniform would, like the boys, just delete the jacket, have some freedom over type of shirt (like the boys with and without tie) and replace black thigh socks with white knee or ankle socks.

Remember all outdoor shoes would be left in lockers and the students would wear flat indoor slippers with soft soles, the boys and girls styles being different obviously.

From my understanding the winter uniform is worn from October to April, the summer uniform May to September.

Just in case anyone's interested here's some typical high school info (doesn't watching high school romance anime help you learn a lot?):

Examinations

Times are the same as junior high school / middle school:

1st term
academic ability (jitsuryoku-test)--------April, week 1 or 2
middle exam (chukan-test)--------May, week3 or 4
end-term exam (kimatsu test) ------------June, week 4
2nd term
academic ability (kadai-test)--------Sept, week 1
middle exam (chukan-test)--------Oct, week 3 or 4
end-term exam (kimatsu test) ----------Nov, week 3 or 4
3rd term
academic ability (kadai-test)--------Jan, week 2
year end exam (gakunen-matsu test) ----------Feb, week 3 or 4

School Events:

"Culture Festival"-----is usually in Nov. but often May or June. This usually has a 2 week preparation period in which teh students don't have normal lessons.

"Sports Festival"-------usually in Sept. but often 1st term.

"School Trip" -------- Varies. Can be Feb (say skiing trip). In southern part of Japan, many high schools make plans to include skiing, so the trips are set in winter. In Tokyo, they go everywhere - Kyoto or Kyusyu or Hokkaido or China, Korea or Australia or Hawaii.

Holidays

Winter holiday starts Dec 23 and ends Jan 8 (approx). Winter break is short, usually 2 weeks.

Summer holiday is July 20 to Aug 31.

Spring holidays usually starts March 25 and end April 4 or 5.

The School Day

Usually the lessons start at 8:30a.m. and end 3:30p.m. or 4:30p.m. Below is a example of a high school timetable in a day.

morning reading ------- 08:25 ~ 08:35 (reading books freely)
short home room ------------ 08:35 ~ 08:45
1st lesson ---------------- 08:50 ~ 09:40
2nd lesson ---------------- 09:50 ~ 10:40
3rd lesson ---------------- 10:50 ~ 11:40
4th lesson ---------------- 11:50 ~ 12:40
lunch ---------------------- 12:40 ~ 13:25
cleaning ------------------- 13:25 ~ 13:35
5th lesson ---------------- 13:40 ~ 14:30
6th lesson ---------------- 14:40 ~ 15:30
short home room ------- 15:35 ~ 15:45
7th lesson -------------- 15:40 ~ 16:30 (not everyday)

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.31.2007, 06:32 AM.

07.31.2007, 05:06 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Uniform examples:

Boy winter:

Boy summer (very casual):

Girl winter:

Girl winter w/o blazer or summer but keeping thigh socks on:

Girl summer:

07.31.2007, 05:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

hmm, you wouldnt happen to have bigger pictures of those eh? cause it is really hard to trace small images. i like the idea, but i mmay need a a few weeks to get all the pictures, and i will devote some time to this, i should be able to rip off a few.

im not sure how successful it will be putting different heads on different bodies, but it cant hurt to try. just make sure that you people get good images, aka clean, not much obstructions to the face or head, you know, give your resident photoshop expert a break.

ill introduce myself in a bit, i have to get a name first, ill probably amalgamate two band names together to get mine.

Click for Gallery^^

07.31.2007, 02:25 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.24.07
  Search for Posts by J.L.Jones Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Name: Sensei Kousei Akuri
Characteristics: Tough, Stern, Impatient, Short Tempered.

[If it's ok with you guys, i think im gonna draw mine when i get back, ill just do a head if you like xD, i have CGI software used by manga proffessionals, it will be fun ^^ - if there are no objections that is]

[Suggestion - Maybe, if everyone would like. If all goes well with mine, since it is the summer holidays, i could devote time into drawing all the characters and #1Sanfan could help CG them if he'd like - purely a suggestion!]

Beyond The Black Moon Lies My Soul, Covered In The Shadows Of Time, I Dwell In The Comfort Of The Night

Rage Is Like A River, Hatred As Its Current Destroying Everything In Its Path...
This Beast That Lies Dormant Beneath The Exterior Feels Strong... It Feels Good... Watch It Rise To The Surface As My Blood Boils And Anger Engulfs My Very Soul

07.31.2007, 02:47 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

I dont do cg, not 3d form me, i dont have the software. what i can do is put them in a nice black outline, adn colour everything in nicely. Maybe JL, if you could anime-ize our real pictures and then turn them over to me for colouring and outlining, that would be really cool. just my thought.

I think i have my specs set up for the role play. i can use my fourm name as it doesnt translate to anyhting, but i went for my favourite band, Brand New, i ended up wth brand new year but i think it is okay, some please correct me if i messed anything up.
Name: Seisaku Rakuin
Character: shy, introvert, smart, excessivly thinking.

Click for Gallery^^

07.31.2007, 03:00 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Imperfection
Calcifer

Registration Date: 07.25.07
  Search for Posts by Imperfection Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Name: Fubi Karinushi
Character: shy, intorverted, heavy thinker, loner and mysterious.

I may edit my charcter I really don't know how to describe what she's like.

07.31.2007, 03:15 PM Imperfection is offline   Profile for Imperfection Add Imperfection to your buddy list
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Search for Posts by J.L.Jones Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll give it a go! if you could all PM your real pics and ill sort them out when i get back! please xD!

Muahahahaha!

Beyond The Black Moon Lies My Soul, Covered In The Shadows Of Time, I Dwell In The Comfort Of The Night

Rage Is Like A River, Hatred As Its Current Destroying Everything In Its Path...
This Beast That Lies Dormant Beneath The Exterior Feels Strong... It Feels Good... Watch It Rise To The Surface As My Blood Boils And Anger Engulfs My Very Soul

07.31.2007, 03:17 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
J.L.Jones
Warawara

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
i can use my fourm name as it doesnt translate to anyhting, but i went for my favourite band, Brand New, i ended up wth brand new year but i think it is okay

i managed to get "shinpan, maatarashii, shinchou, burannyu-" as direct translations xD so take your pick

07.31.2007, 03:28 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks