QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Recent additions
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Recent additions » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
PlasticMedia
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PlasticMedia Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Laputa! Got it in the mail today......tonights gonna be awesome. Gotta find some beer first..... Beer and Ghibli films two of my favorite things. Oh yeah I also got some art prints in frames for my walls, they're pretty nice. I also got some really nice pens, they're perfect for doodling.

03.23.2007, 06:34 PM PlasticMedia is offline   Profile for PlasticMedia Add PlasticMedia to your buddy list Send an Email to PlasticMedia
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay!
Manga:The Wallflower vol.1, Fruits Basket vol.3 and 4(they exist!), Negima vol.1(why rated older teen?)
Novels:Scrapped Princess(he he..), White Fang(book club)
DVD:A tiny snow fairy Sugar vol.3(OMG!! It's so cute! And it was so cheap! I thought it'd be 30$ Canadian but it was on sale for 7$ along with a bunch of other really cool anime that I did not buy)
Wall Scroll:Tsubasa Chronicles(I would have gotten a Furuba one but decided not to)
Plushie:Kagura from Fruits Basket.(so cheap!^^)
Momiji Messenger Bag.(Sweet)
And more cake! That's all I got. And blue sneakers and a new jacket. My room feels so welcome.
Too bad, no video games..eh he. I didn't have enough. My sis got one. I finally found Bleach on DVD and Tsubasa stuff.
Dude, my curse has been lifted!!

03.24.2007, 09:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Manga:
Dragon Ball 4
FMA 3/4
Azumanga Daioh 1

Other books:
Spawn 1

03.26.2007, 12:24 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WEE!!*swinging around in chair*
Shutterbox volume 1 and 2 and Sugar Sugar Rune volume one. I've spend 106$ on half price books. Got nine books.
*leaves on journey AGAIN* Can't wait till they come in the mail.

03.26.2007, 05:53 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have in my hands right now a brand new DVD of Porco Rosso. It is shiny.

03.26.2007, 07:50 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne
I have in my hands right now a brand new DVD of Porco Rosso. It is shiny.

Yeah, it's also the most expensive DVD in my area..50$.
Mine wasn't so shiny. But I've got two, no, three DVD's of it.^^No, I'm not rich.
Likey the new avatar? I've got a different one.

03.26.2007, 08:12 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PlasticMedia
Laputa! Got it in the mail today......tonights gonna be awesome.

Enjoy! Laputa has been climbing up my list of Ghibli's since I began watching it a lot recently. Pazu and Sheeta are just possibly the most romantic Ghibli couple (including Sophie/Howl). And I'm slowly coming round to thinking that, after Kiki, Sheeta is Ghibli's prettiest heroine.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.26.2007, 08:54 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I wonder if my report card would count..
My average is 91%. None of my marks are below and 85%.

03.27.2007, 03:00 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
PlasticMedia
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PlasticMedia Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by PlasticMedia
Laputa! Got it in the mail today......tonights gonna be awesome.

Enjoy! Laputa has been climbing up my list of Ghibli's since I began watching it a lot recently. Pazu and Sheeta are just possibly the most romantic Ghibli couple (including Sophie/Howl). And I'm slowly coming round to thinking that, after Kiki, Sheeta is Ghibli's prettiest heroine.

Thanks, I'm sure I will enjoy it. Probably more then the first time I watched it. For me it hovers just under Porco Rosso and Castle of Caglistro.

Just got my All American Rejects cd, along with two Usagi Yojimbo volumes.

03.30.2007, 02:44 AM PlasticMedia is offline   Profile for PlasticMedia Add PlasticMedia to your buddy list Send an Email to PlasticMedia
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Game:
Okami

Other stuff:
WiFi dongle

03.30.2007, 11:55 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Shutter Box! Shutter Box!
WAAH!! Now I need the third..They're so easy to read.

03.30.2007, 07:31 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This was last week, but I got some original Ghibli movie posters from Japan. 1 Spirited Away, 1 Mononoke, 2 Howl's (different posters), and 1 Only Yesterday.

03.30.2007, 07:33 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji
This was last week, but I got some original Ghibli movie posters from Japan. 1 Spirited Away, 1 Mononoke, 2 Howl's (different posters), and 1 Only Yesterday.

Shoot, I'll have to order them in. I only have room for two more.(my sis may steal some)

03.30.2007, 07:39 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Vol3 of Last Exile. Mmm, happy happy...

And a mimosa to plant in the garden (less happy, I usually kill plants, the more they cost the faster I murder 'em 't would seem).

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.07.2007, 05:35 PM.

04.07.2007, 05:34 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
BehindTheMask
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by BehindTheMask Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I bought the DVD of Chocolat over the weekend. I didn't realize how much I enjoy that movie until I watched it last week.

And turns no more his head;
Because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread."

- Frankenstein

04.09.2007, 02:16 PM BehindTheMask is offline   Profile for BehindTheMask Add BehindTheMask to your buddy list
Wadders
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wadders Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Films:
Before sunrise
Before sunset
Nobody Knows
Tony Takitani
Amores Perros

Music:
Brian Eno - Apollo
Miles Davis - My funny valentine
Miles Davis - The silent way sessions
Anima - Animamina
Penguin cafe orchestra - Signs of life
Kikujiro OST

Books:
Sideways - Rex Pickett
The complete robot - Issac Asimov

Games:
Kingdom hearts 2
Marvel ultimate alliance
Viva Pinata
Saints row

04.09.2007, 04:59 PM Wadders is offline   Profile for Wadders Add Wadders to your buddy list Homepage of Wadders
PlasticMedia
Calcifer

The anatomy of the tongue in cheek- Reliant K
A shiny new bike!
My music collection, which had been on a portable hard-drive
for six months......

04.13.2007, 01:09 AM PlasticMedia is offline   Profile for PlasticMedia Add PlasticMedia to your buddy list Send an Email to PlasticMedia
arren18
Administrator

Games:
Okami <3

04.13.2007, 07:24 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Recently purchased new DVDs:

A Fish Called Wanda
& the first installment in the Poirot collection ("Death on the Nile"

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

04.16.2007, 05:23 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Have you previously seen A Fish Called Wanda? It's one of my favourite comedies.

04.16.2007, 01:26 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks