QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - NeW rEcOrD
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » NeW rEcOrD » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  NeW rEcOrDPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im sure some of you have noticed but, the old record of 300 users last December has been total shattered. well not really, but it went up by 7
yesterday at 2:48.
interesting, i wonder why?
its been relatively dead as far as 'new stuff' goes

Post last edited by ={HSA}= MORO on 11.01.2007, 07:30 AM.

11.01.2007, 07:29 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think its been agreed for some time that that figure is nothing to do with # of users online but is merely a system glitch. Don't worry about it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.01.2007, 07:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just so you know, the number of "guests" also include webtrawlers, the ones that trawl the internet for anything from email to addresses, usually for search engines, but sometimes by phishers as well.

Still, to break the 300 record is kinda cool, when you think about it. Takes a big amount of coincidence for that to occur.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.01.2007, 08:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think it did occur. I watch the 'users online' tag often and its never more that 7 members and 24 guests and hasn't been for months. 307 has got to be an internal system hiccup.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.01.2007, 11:50 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's not uncommon. Another small forum I frequent had a record of 200 members or so, when the most I had ever seen on at once rarely exceeded five.

11.01.2007, 05:49 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen close to a hundred people on at once in the tavern though. I think it's possible.

Anyways, system glitch or not, I guess we have a new record. Time to celebrate

11.01.2007, 06:05 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well if you really wanna celebrate a computer bug, be my guest...

11.01.2007, 06:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If people can celebrate Columbus Day, then why not a computer glitch?

11.01.2007, 06:14 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
If people can celebrate Columbus Day, then why not a computer glitch?

lol, columbus day.
and theres no 'proof' that this is a glitch is there?
and if it were a glitch dont you think it would be alot more that 307?

11.02.2007, 12:36 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

If it were max users online don't you think it would be a lot less? Like 37?

This is starting to sound like a conversation a person might have with Haruhi Suzumiya...

11.02.2007, 02:31 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Glitches tend to look like -655378 users or something . Then again, I do find it unlikely that we'd have more than a hundred...

11.02.2007, 02:33 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
It's not uncommon. Another small forum I frequent had a record of 200 members or so, when the most I had ever seen on at once rarely exceeded five.

11.02.2007, 08:25 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Isn't quoting yourself a little like talking to yourself? Only 307 forum users can see you doing it?

Oh, wait...

11.02.2007, 09:04 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Well, I was trying to remake the point I had made previously, without having to actually type anything. Though, if I had just written a direct response, I wouldn't have to write this now to explain what I was doing. So it didn't really work out.

11.02.2007, 04:43 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

True. I hate it when a plan doesn't come together.

What was your point again?

11.02.2007, 04:45 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Orphic Okapi
Baron

It was that I've seen the same thing happen to a different forum. Mushka had said something about how, if it was a computer glitch, it would be something like -12039548 instead of just 300. I was just restating that on the other forum, it was only 200 or something.

I don't know. I'm starting to confuse myself now.

11.02.2007, 04:51 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It could be the site owner typing in a random number in order to generate threads and so make the site look busier.

11.02.2007, 05:12 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
tariss-of-mar
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tariss-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was there on the day it said that it went up. I didn't see any more people than usual.

I´m a supporter and user of Ubuntu (Linux)
Open source rules!

11.02.2007, 06:59 PM tariss-of-mar is offline   Profile for tariss-of-mar Add tariss-of-mar to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tariss-of-mar
I was there on the day it said that it went up. I didn't see any more people than usual.

thats cuz maybe about 1-5 of those 307 are members, the rest are just browsing

11.03.2007, 01:24 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

:headdesk: :headdesk: :headdesk:

Yeah, but the site stats show the # of guest browsers too - and its NEVER more than 25 or so... gah...

Hence my assertion that the 307 figure is nothing to do with actual site traffic be it human, spam bots, aliens or Haruhi Suzumiya's wishful thinking...

11.03.2007, 03:18 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks