QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Which movie is the best out of these?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Which movie is the best out of these? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Which is the best?
Porco Rosso 6 37.50%
Kiki's Delivery Service 1 6.25%
Spirited Away 6 37.50%
Nausicca of the valley of the wind 3 18.75%
Total: 16 Votes 100%

Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
Which movie is the best out of these?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Porco Rosso 8]

Kiki's Delivery Service

Spirited Away

Nausicca of the vally of the wind

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 04.07.2007, 08:51 AM.

04.06.2007, 08:00 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Cloud
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.15.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi!

I luv the susuwatari^^

04.06.2007, 11:53 AM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think you have listed them in my preferred order!

Also, try to avoid pale coloured fonts, makes stuff hard to read

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.06.2007, 01:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
emperor squirrel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by emperor squirrel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

mmm yeh, best of the best. also try to avoid nitpickers, it is a good selection.

04.06.2007, 01:03 PM emperor squirrel is offline   Profile for emperor squirrel Add emperor squirrel to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by emperor squirrel
also try to avoid nitpickers.

I'd just avoid everything then if I were you, especially accusations in public and by PM that you are unable to substantiate. Still waiting for you to reply to me, and I know you won't because you have nothing to back up what you said.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.06.2007, 06:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's a toss-up between Porco Rosso and Spirited Away. Then kiki's, then Nausicaa.

04.06.2007, 06:10 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Come on guys, leave petty internet fights out of these forums. He just made a helpful suggestion to a new poster.

It's hard to choose because I like all of them (obviously), but I think Kiki's and Sen to Chihiro rank higher, for me, then Porco and Naushika. But I still think those are great, as well.

Post last edited by Theowne on 04.06.2007, 06:26 PM.

04.06.2007, 06:16 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
chihiro in first probably but Nausicaä in close second. The other 2 are placed equal for me.

But its really hard to do this. (I know not many people will be able to know what I mean, but) Its like having to tell someone your favourite muse song. I mean, at least with me.. it changes over the time, and its just bloody hard anyway.. because they aRE ALL SO GOOD!

04.07.2007, 03:53 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne
Come on guys, leave petty internet fights out of these forums. He just made a helpful suggestion to a new poster.

It's hard to choose because I like all of them (obviously), but I think Kiki's and Sen to Chihiro rank higher, for me, then Porco and Naushika. But I still think those are great, as well.

IT'S NAUSICCA!!!!!! NOT NAUSHIKA :

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 04.07.2007, 08:57 AM.

04.07.2007, 08:55 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Theowne
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Tall
quote:

The Japanese title for the film is "Kaze no Tani no Naushika" I just happen to prefer that title so I usually use Naushika instead of Nausicaä.

Post last edited by Theowne on 04.07.2007, 11:31 AM.

04.07.2007, 11:31 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:

The Japanese title for the film is "Kaze no Tani no Naushika" I just happen to prefer that title so I usually use Naushika instead of Nausicaä.

Yeah, I told you it was nausicca but NO!!!

Check out my music:

04.07.2007, 02:36 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Theowne
Baron

I'm not sure how to proceed in this conversation....

04.07.2007, 02:38 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

quote:
I'm not sure how to proceed in this conversation....

HEY YOU WANNA NOW MY PASSWORD HERE IT IS!!!!*****!!!!!

Check out my music:

04.07.2007, 02:52 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
OnYourMark
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OnYourMark Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I told you it was nausicca but NO!!!

It's Nausicaä... not Nausicca.

I voted Porco

EDIT: lol, you're crazy...

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775.

Post last edited by OnYourMark on 04.07.2007, 04:05 PM.

04.07.2007, 04:05 PM OnYourMark is offline   Profile for OnYourMark Add OnYourMark to your buddy list Homepage of OnYourMark AIM Screenname: OnYourMarkItsumo
BehindTheMask
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by BehindTheMask Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's a tie between Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away. Next is Porco Rosso then Nausicaa.

And turns no more his head;
Because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread."

- Frankenstein

04.09.2007, 02:13 PM BehindTheMask is offline   Profile for BehindTheMask Add BehindTheMask to your buddy list
Wadders
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wadders Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My personal fave out of those four is Porco Rosso.
As Saddletank said you have listed them in the order I would put them myself

Post last edited by Wadders on 04.09.2007, 04:48 PM.

04.09.2007, 04:48 PM Wadders is offline   Profile for Wadders Add Wadders to your buddy list Homepage of Wadders
Ray15
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ray15 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i'm going to go with spirited away.

Thanks for the Sig #1 Sanfan

04.09.2007, 05:01 PM Ray15 is offline   Profile for Ray15 Add Ray15 to your buddy list Send an Email to Ray15 AIM Screenname: ryanclms YIM Screenname: Ryan Weaver
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Porco Rosso.
I'm the only 13 year old in my area to love the movie.
Everyone fell asleep on me except my best friend. She
in fact enjoyed it but thought it weird he was a pig.
They've grown used to me, I guess..

04.09.2007, 06:59 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks