QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - tattoos
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » tattoos » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
tamasaburo
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.05.07
  tattoosPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tamasaburo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i am thinking of getting a tattoo but i dont know what to get so i was asking for help from all you guys for suggestions.

02.21.2007, 06:37 PM tamasaburo is offline   Profile for tamasaburo Add tamasaburo to your buddy list Send an Email to tamasaburo Homepage of tamasaburo
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im gonna get BGbad tattoed under my neck, T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E tattoed under BGbad, a picture of 2pac on my right shoulder, R.I.P. Luke on the right side of my chest, JKV on the the top right of my chest, an angel on my back, a stripper on my left upper arm, a cadilac in between my chest & belly button, a cross on my right hand, 24, 25 & 26 below the T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E tatoo
((24) Know the Code; it's for everyone.

25) Be a real ruff neck. Be down with the Code of Thug Life.

26) Protect yourself at all times.)

a snake on my lower left leg, a serieis of points on my lower right arm, a dude in a jail cell on my lower left arm, and a weed leef on my ankle.

cheers

02.22.2007, 02:39 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Howmany
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well I have two tattoo's one on my left upper arm which is a japanese charcter for victory and a neo classical sunburst design on my back.
the first is a standard tat but the second I designed myself and took to the tatooist and asked if he could do it.
my suggestions are this keep it simple dont put to much complexity in the design as it might not look that good when on your skin second try to get something that you really want as it costs a whole lot of money to get tatoo's removed thirdly trace it on to your skin with a pen first so you can get an idea of what it will look like on your skin and weather or not it needs any changes.

p.s. find a good tattoo studio it should be clean like a dentist you should feel totaly relaxed with the guy/girl and if you dont go somewhere else plus look at there portfolio to see the kind of work they've done before and there skill level at your kind of design.

02.22.2007, 06:15 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
my advise to you is...
dont take it as far as thug plans to.

If you got something you know you want, design your own tattoo...
i dont have one s i cant give you any tips..

02.22.2007, 08:51 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
kitkat
Calcifer

Registration Date: 01.23.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitkat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Woot i have 4. soon to be 5 hehe

02.22.2007, 11:27 AM kitkat is offline   Profile for kitkat Add kitkat to your buddy list
Howmany
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by kitkat
Woot i have 4. soon to be 5 hehe

yeah do you have photos or can you describe them ?

02.22.2007, 12:22 PM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im planning whenever i get the chance to get a tatoo done of this -

02.22.2007, 02:29 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

you guys are lucky. when i get some cash, this is what im going for. now im not using the whole picture as it is ubsurdly hard to do. i want the sun and all the lines in the centre of the picture. in the slots abouve the sun ill have my name in nordic runes. and below the sun im going ot have "we all are named, and we all are known" in ancient latin.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.22.2007, 05:39 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Georgia
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.20.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Georgia Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know that they are sometimes quite big tattoos and can make some people think of weed and things but ive always really liked those ones of american indians, lol.

Damn right i wonna trade cards,
I trade you,
But not my Charizard
Thanks to studentcartoonist for the drawings!

02.22.2007, 06:27 PM Georgia is offline   Profile for Georgia Add Georgia to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here's a suggestion: don't. What the point of it anyway?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.23.2007, 06:01 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

tats r awesome, what do u mean wats the point anyways? tats are a statement of what you are. representations of you, on you.

cheers

02.23.2007, 06:45 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
i am most probably not gonna have a tattoo.
and if i do, t will be something very small..

02.23.2007, 06:51 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
emperor squirrel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by emperor squirrel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hee hee, nice one roarkiller, the voice of reason as usual. but, as someone who has three (discreet but very important to me) tattoos, might i suggest you don't quite get it. some like 'em, some don't. personal expression is important to everyone and to folks like me tattoos are a way of expressing one's inner self. i may be a business person in a suit most of the time, but underneath my tatts remind me i am still the same freaky individual i was when i was 20. trouble is, most people undergo a huge personality/identity change between ages 15-30, and what suited at a young age no longer does when you are older. tatts are (or should be) a very personal thing, don't just get one because they are cool right now. no good doing a brittany and getting one on a whim - i planned mine for years and because of this i have yet to regret getting them.
and toolfan and #1sanfan, they are both awesome tattoos, they'd look great.

Post last edited by emperor squirrel on 02.23.2007, 09:41 AM.

02.23.2007, 09:39 AM emperor squirrel is offline   Profile for emperor squirrel Add emperor squirrel to your buddy list
Howmany
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
you guys are lucky. when i get some cash, this is what im going for. now im not using the whole picture as it is ubsurdly hard to do. i want the sun and all the lines in the centre of the picture. in the slots abouve the sun ill have my name in nordic runes. and below the sun im going ot have "we all are named, and we all are known" in ancient latin.

the sunburst is the exactly the same as the tattoo on my back its a neo classical design of the sun and it looks great on my back on wherever you decide to get yours

02.23.2007, 11:03 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would just say don't as well. In years to come when you are older and wiser you will think "what a dickhead I was to spoil my body like that" exactly as my wife does now. She once had a small and quite tasteful tatoo done to please a boyfriend she had at the time and now every day it reminds her of him. That sucks.

I hate tatoos on men. It looks thuggish and ignorant.

I hate tatoos on women. It looks cheap.

Hey, like me or hate me I don't care. I have strong views on this particular subject.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.23.2007, 06:27 PM.

02.23.2007, 06:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i disagree wiht roar and saddles on this one. tatoos seem like a rite of passage. it is to me anyways. i dont have any pierceing, those bug me. but tatoos are different. they are thousands of years old and its a statement. Now those people who turn there bodies into murals have some issues, but a harmless sun on my shoulder is oging to be there, its something i wont ever have to regret because it isnt a phase tatoo.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.23.2007, 10:25 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I would just say don't as well. In years to come when you are older and wiser you will think "what a dickhead I was to spoil my body like that" exactly as my wife does now. She once had a small and quite tasteful tatoo done to please a boyfriend she had at the time and now every day it reminds her of him. That sucks.

Hey, like me or hate me I don't care. I have strong views on this particular subject.

well, tats on men only look thuggish depending on what they are. MOM tats remind me of sailors lol. i had an old maths teacher with a MUM tat, cuz he had a homemade tat of his girlfriends innitials and she dumped him so he got a real tat to cover it.

and girls with tatoos on them look hot, depending on what it is. i hate them ones on the small of the back with a sort of celtic design that points down. mek. but this one i seen the other day had an enitre arm fulll of tats and i thought "dam she looks hot!"

cheers

02.23.2007, 10:46 PM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

Well put.
But it really does depend on the circumstances. If you have one tasteful tattoo, that's all well and good, but obviously when it comes to the point that your skin looks grey, it has gone way too far.

02.24.2007, 07:05 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Howmany
Ohmu

well its all a matter of personal taste.
but to genralise all men or women who have tats is sterotyping as long as you think about what you want done and take your time before getting it done I'd wait at least a month from the idea to having it done then you wont regret having them
and even having a lot done can be tasteful some of the yakuza tattoos Ive seen are amazing and there whole body.
Tattoo's and body art in general peircings are just the same have been a part of mankind since prehistory
and the modern equlivant is "make up" women paint there faces every day all over the world.

02.24.2007, 10:27 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

hmmmmmmmmmmm. (to everything).

tats on girls,, are hot. extremely hot. and so are piercings. i'd love to kiss a girl with a lip piecing.

n e ways, lemme renew my list of tats i want.

a picture of 2pac on my upper & outer right shoulder, BGbad underneath my neck, T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E underneath BGbad, (The Hate You Give Lil Infants Fucks Everybody) on my rleft forearm, a man in a jail cell on my upper left arm, a celtic design just above my elbow on the outer upprearm on each arm, a holy cross on my right upper hand, a snake on the shin of my left leg, an angel on my back below THUGLIFE and taking up my entire back, a graveyard on my right innerthigh, a caddilac above my belley button, THUGLIFE under my bellow button, FTW on my left hand, a tattoo tear under my left eye, JKV on my left upper chest, R.I.P. LUKE above my heart, 1) All new Jacks to the game must know: a) He's going to get rich. b) He's going to jail. c) He's going to die. on my right forearm, and a black rose on my inner left thigh (cuz the inner left thigh is my fave part of a girl see), a snake on my foot, a cross with a snake circling it on my left inner shin, aand a black man (an Australian Aboriginal, preferably Murry (Murry Pride) who's body fades out at the kness, and the name Jacob V_____(in the real tat it will have my actual name) on wherever there is space.

(See, the Aboriginal's, when they see a spirit, they are to say their name, becuase the spirit is only curiouse of who they are. I know a good friend who has seen a spirit, and he told some older poeples about it, and they said it was just curiouse about him becuase he wasnt in his tribal land and the spirit just wanted to know who he was, and yes i beleive in this like i believe in god.)

cheers

02.25.2007, 09:01 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks