QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Isakaya High School - Theme Song? (OP + ED)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Isakaya High School - Theme Song? (OP + ED) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
sho
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Isakaya High School - Theme Song? (OP + ED)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For the opening, I've picked out the song
MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM by L'arc~en~ciel,
a very famous Japanese band.

For people who don't know it, here is a link to it's video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1QgSYmhy31k
DON'T only watch 10 seconds of it, then think it stinks, and tell me that.

For people who know them - it's their latest single.
For people who don't (the majority of you), please give me feedback.

I don't want recommendations YET. I want to see if people like it first.

The starry sky is twinkling again, this earth is exalted with tears.
The galloping time shines its light, and this world without you is my "FANTASY".

Post last edited by sho on 09.12.2007, 11:13 PM.

09.12.2007, 11:13 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Our roleplay has a theme song? I don't know, this one sounds a little high-energy and lyrical. I think a theme song shouldn't tell a story all on its own.

09.13.2007, 12:09 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm, well, it does sound good, although a first pass at the lyrics tells me it doesn't relate to the RPG so far, but eh.

OP/ED are usually 1:30min long, so start at 20sec, fade out after 1:47.

But IMO this works better as an ending theme. OPs are generally more upbeat and lively for school life genres.

Too bad our characters span so many anime and games to make a proper AMV, that would rock.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.13.2007, 12:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
sho
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, anime theme songs are only about 1:30 in length, but they are cut down from the original song. (It isn't like the artist records a 1:30 song)

I'll think about your suggestions...
Any more feedback?

Edit: Continue checking out MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM, but I have another option.

NUMBER SIX by alice nine.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iUIhtqYSFE4

Pay attention to the verse and chorus, because if it was cut down to 1:30, that part would be used.
(It would probably start as soon as the guitar kicks in, cutting out the vocalist rap/speak/sofly-chanting)

The galloping time shines its light, and this world without you is my "FANTASY".

Post last edited by sho on 09.13.2007, 12:31 AM.

09.13.2007, 12:20 AM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like this second choice a lot more than the first. Not that it matters what I think though, I'm not even a character. It sounds a lot more opening theme'y though. Good, good.

09.13.2007, 12:42 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I couldn't understand a word they were saying.

So no comment. Sorry, I'm the type who actually cares about lyrics than just the accompanying music.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.13.2007, 12:50 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you're a reader, that's almost as good...

I think the second one is better for a theme song, but I still get a sense that Isakaya High would have something a little slower.

09.13.2007, 12:51 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
sho
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

NUMBER SIX LYRICS: Translation at the bottom

NUMBER SIX.
Music: alice nine.

yukkuri arukeba ii,
chotto bukiyou demo ii,
ima kimi to utaitainda
chippokena It's your song

itsumo, itsudatte sou sa, kenkashite kara kizuku
sora ga konna ni mabushii nante
kowaku wa nai sa donna asu demo yume wo miteta
shounentachi sae mo
mou nigeba wa nai tsukamitakute, tsukamenakute
kizudarake de aoi tori sagashiteta ne hitori kiri de

sadamerareta finale wa iranai
sou reeru wo hashigo ni kaete
waraeru hazu sa ima yori tashika ni
sou negatta sono hitomi nara
bukiyouna jyosou demo hashitte hashitte ikerusa
I believe myself & my best friends,and you

aru hi, kizuiteshimatta, ikashi, ikasareru hibi
itsuka nanika wo tsukamitoru hi made
kowaku wa nai sa donna asu demo yume wo miteta
shounentachi sae mo
mou nigeba wa nai tsukamitakute, tsukamenakute
kimi ga miteta kinsei e tsurete yuku yo te wo nobashite

yume kara sametara nani kara hanasou?
sou sekai wa bokura no mono sa
tokei wa kowashite kago wo aketara
yoake made gatari akasou

saite, kuchiteku hana mo
nakanai, mukuchina oumu mo
kitto, dokoka de, waratteru sa.
dakara, murishinakute ii,
koko de, kimi wo matteru yo. slowly,but surely and slowly

sadamerareta finale wa iranai
sou reeru wo hashigo ni kaete
waraeru hazu sa ima yori tashika ni
sou negatta sono hitomi nara

tomo ni, rokubanme no kimi to waraeru made koko de utau yo

NUMBER SIX.

It's alright to walk slowly,
It's alright to be a bit clumsy,
Right now I want to sing with you
It's a small song for you

I see that always, at any time, I became aware from our quarrelling
How dazzling the sky is
Without fear, no matter what sort of tomorrow, I saw my dreams
And so did the boys
Already, there's nowhere to escape to; I wanted to grasp it, I couldn't grasp it
Covered in wounds, I was searching for the blue bird alone

It's been decided, the finale isn't needed
So the rail changes into a ladder
I expect I'll be able to smile, even more certainly than now
So I wished, if it was that pair of eyes
Although it's a clumsy starting run, walking, I'm able to walk on
I believe myself & my best friends, and you

One day, I realized that in the days that I was living, that were made use of
Someday, until the day when I grasp something
Without fear, no matter what sort of tomorrow, I saw my dreams
And so did the boys
Already, there's nowhere to escape to; I wanted to grasp it, I couldn't grasp it
I'll bring us to bring us to the Venus that you were looking at, reach out your hand

If I awake from the dream, what will I speak from?
So the world is ours
If I break the clock and open the cage
Until daybreak, words will be revealed

Even the flower that bloomed, and withered
Even the reticent parrot that made no sound
Surely, somewhere, they're smiling.
Because of that, it's alright not to do the impossible
Here, I'm waiting for you. slowly, but surely and slowly

It's been decided, the finale isn't needed
So the rail changes into a ladder
I expect I'll be able to smile, even more certainly than now
So I wished, if it was that pair of eyes

Together, until I'm able to be smiling with you, the number sixth; I'll be singing here

I actually think it fits pretty well IMO

courtesy of http://akatsuki.wareta.net/a9/ (don't want plagarism)

Post last edited by sho on 09.13.2007, 12:54 AM.

09.13.2007, 12:53 AM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
OnYourMark
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OnYourMark Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i'd offer to write you guys a song, but it would probably end up being too celtic-sounding... and i'm too busy right now anyway.
aside from school and tennis, my time is being consumed by my attempt to to arrange the Ending Theme for Final Fantasy X.

omg....... excuse my writing/grammar style.

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775.

09.13.2007, 04:15 AM OnYourMark is offline   Profile for OnYourMark Add OnYourMark to your buddy list Homepage of OnYourMark AIM Screenname: OnYourMarkItsumo
sho
Ohmu

I was thinking about writing a song, but I thought it wasn't worth the time for an online roleplay. No offense to you guys

So, after like, 5 votes, NUMBER SIX seems to be better. Any other opinions?

09.13.2007, 08:46 AM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll listen to them both tonight, but it would be VERY interesting to have suggestions from other players since it would be an indicator of what they think the story's theme or plot is.

It could either be a romantic tune (for a school romance) or an upbeat light tune (for comedy - have we had much?) or something a little darker (for the Shadow bit). Or in fact are the Shadows dark....?

I'll have a think about this.

There are also Sadoru's song lyrics (he's written a second one actually which you won't read for a bit) but setting them to music obviously requires a tune and a singer (plus a lot of presumption on my part that they are even worth it).

I'm watching Honey & Clover ATM and there are a lot of nice songs in that, sung towards the end of each show usually.

But basically I think of something quite gentle and moody and slow and relaxing as the ED with something quite a lot more upbeat as the OP (in order to keep the audience interested).

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.13.2007, 09:30 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just throwing out the fact that I have a nice music composition setup and lab to work with so if anyone has any original music they want to make I could come up with something. And hey, maybe someone wants to make their own song with lyrics and record it....

09.13.2007, 11:27 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

A lot of songs in HnC aren't originals. I recognize one as by Tsuji Ayano (the singer of TCR).

I've been imagining the RPG as an anime for a long while now, and it has more of a fantasy/school-life feel than anything big.

That's my opinion, anyhow.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.13.2007, 11:53 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Do our ideas need to be songs with Japanese lyrics?

09.13.2007, 11:55 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I listened to My Heart Draws A Dream, and it sounds great! You know, I just listened to it, and already a title sequence started forming in my head! I think the only criticism I could make is that it's a little downbeat. We maybe need something a little lighter. But anyway that's just a small niggle, the song's great!

I didn't like Number Six though.

@ Saddletank, you know you suggested we find a romance-themed song? How about - Sekai No Yakusoku? You know, it's the one at the end of Howl's Moving Castle.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 09.13.2007, 12:53 PM.

09.13.2007, 12:50 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
sho
Ohmu

For recommendations, I really think we should be using Japanese songs, considering this is a Japanese school.

Also, we should pick out original songs - not something we've heard as an opening before.

Finally, if anybody really wants to spend time writing music for a them song, go ahead - it'll definately be worth consideration (if it's decent to any degree, of course.)

It seems there are generally mixed opinions concerning MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM and NUMBER SIX.

I have a new addition.
FREEDOM FIGHTERS by miyavi
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4YT1PtV67mw

Although it's subject matter doesn't really have to do with this rp, its very upbeat and probably a good opening.

Concerning Japanese music, consult me

Still give opinions concerning these three songs, but I would like to know what kind of songs you people would like to hear.

Post last edited by sho on 09.13.2007, 02:40 PM.

09.13.2007, 02:34 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tonight I was listening to more classical piano by Ludovico Einaudi and one of his tracks called "I Giomi" off his "Concerto Alla Scala" CD is simply haunting. Its just him and a Steinway, no other accompanyment and no singing. Try and find it on the web and have a listen. I think as an ED it would be lovely. I can imagine a nice light haunting Japanese female voice doing a really mushy vocal over it, not many words and maybe some harmonies. Perfect.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.13.2007, 03:11 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
sho
Ohmu

I've been searching for it, but unable to find it. Do you have anywhere we could listen to it.

Also, as for piano music, that is by far the easiest kind of music to write. So if anybody's interested in submitting something...

Also, Saddle, what did you think of the 3 songs I've selected so far
(this is actually directed toward everybody - especially the third one, which most of you haven't heard.)

09.13.2007, 03:36 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I could email it to you - Mm me an e-mail address - same goes to anyone else who wants to hear it - I've actually been thinking about #1sanfan with Einaudi since you're into classical piano.

09.13.2007, 03:41 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay, well, forget I said anything....

and,

Ludovico Einaudi is not really classical piano.......

quote:
Also, as for piano music, that is by far the easiest kind of music to write.

I would say it's a lot harder to write a consistently interesting piano piece in comparison to writing a punk metal song...

Post last edited by Theowne on 09.13.2007, 05:04 PM.

09.13.2007, 04:41 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
[  1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks