QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What about a chatroom
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » What about a chatroom » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeeah

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

09.27.2006, 07:00 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
furs
Totoro

Registration Date: 09.23.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Might be better if the java applet for cgi irc - will be embedded to Online Ghibli main site. That way, maybe it's more convenient and attract more people in #onlineghibli. For good Ghibli chattings.

09.29.2006, 11:13 PM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by UO
ok, the official chatroom will be

#onlineghibli
on irc.zirc.org

ill prob be there a lot idling tho

OK, a complete noob here, how do I join that server?

Ta

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.31.2007, 03:22 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds cool to me!

01.31.2007, 03:29 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i dunno, i think the server has been down for a while, the chat room kinda pittered off. maybe we cna start it up again?

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.31.2007, 03:34 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wish we had an in-site Java chat, irc wont let me on b-coz i wont register (it does not allow hotmail accounts and they only ones i got, dammit)

01.31.2007, 03:36 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, that's good. I found http://www.zirc.org/servers/ but the #onlineghibli one has gone. A few peeps online recently have PMd me to chat and I said we could use a chat channel - it would be good to have one attached to the Tavern though.

Hello Admin?

Please?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.31.2007, 03:37 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

lawl, admin r on so lil. Perhaps they shuld appoint a new person whose on more often? I do not know. (Btw tht was NOT a hint at me, i meant more like saddle, 1sanfan, sunny etc.)

01.31.2007, 03:40 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I must sound stupid but what's a chat room, guys?*sweat drop*
and by three people, what do you mean by that?
My cuz has a chat room on her site but I can't
use cause I'm not a member on her site. I can't
until I'm aloud to make a web site..shoot..
On my cuz's site all we do is talk about Ghibli films and
how my cuz could improve her site. totoro is reining
most popular on her site, while me and her talk about
whisper and bleach and fma and Fai 24/7.
So, a chat room..and whats msn messanger?

01.31.2007, 05:04 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
I must sound stupid but what's a chat room

Its an online location on a server where people log in and can send typed messages that appear to all other logged in users simultaneously. Its very much like a group of people all sitting in a room talking to each other (only using writing instead of voices), hence the name.

If you get several people online at once (not too many thou) and they are all into one subj like Ghibli, and swapping ideas and thoughts it can be really fun.

If it gets too crowded though the conversation can fragment and it gets 'noisy' if you see what I mean.

To use chatrooms you usually need chat software, easily downloadable for free in lots of cases.

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak whats msn messanger?

In its basic form its a piece of chat software but you don't need to go to login to a certain server or web site to use it, it runs peer-to-peer on 2 or more people's PCs. But messenger can do a lot more like swap files, support sound and web cams and such like.

01.31.2007, 06:27 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you, Saddle.

01.31.2007, 08:23 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Msn rawks. FFF get it so i can talk to u without these stupid PM-ing buisness XD

02.01.2007, 04:58 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Uh..*kicks dirt around*I can't, i deleted off my laptop..

02.01.2007, 06:10 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Lawl, dammit... Btw come onto the chat room on anime-forums plz! Will b sehr funny.

02.02.2007, 04:51 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Um, I'm always on that one. I think.
Speaking of which, later! i got to ask Uncle something!

02.02.2007, 06:38 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i want to go to that new chatroom but my mom doesnt let me > <

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

02.03.2007, 04:04 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I've kinda gone off anime-forums coz everyones a bit tyrannical and a-hole-ish

02.04.2007, 02:17 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that is what happens on most forums that are big. The bigger they are, the meaner people can be.

02.04.2007, 02:20 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I notice that too. Also, they all know each other and ignore you if you're a newbie.

02.04.2007, 02:22 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, its really hard ot get a foot hold in a new fourm, i like this one cause ive been ehre a long time, and i know everyone.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.04.2007, 02:34 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks