QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - From Old-Fashioned to Digital
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » From Old-Fashioned to Digital » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.05.14
  From Old-Fashioned to DigitalPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kailee Brambani Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know I'm going way off topic here today but this is the general discussion so here goes.

I went to my doctor earlier for a check up and I was surprised when I saw that they've gone digital. LOL I didn't even know that there are now Electronic Health Records. So I was wondering how popular this kind of software is. Does your doctor use this kind of system too? I think this way's better since they can access lots of medical data easily. Don't you think so? On the other hand, there's the problem of its vulnerability to hacking.

What do you think of this step from old-fashioned to digital? Do you think this way is better? What, in your opinion, are the pros and cons?

02.06.2015, 11:18 PM Kailee Brambani is offline   Profile for Kailee Brambani Add Kailee Brambani to your buddy list
awakewaver
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by awakewaver Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
What do you think of this step from old-fashioned to digital? Do you think this way is better? What, in your opinion, are the pros and cons?

My pediatrician uses EHR but my old school OB-Gyn still uses cards to document her patient’s records. One advantage of shifting to EHR is, it provides precise, up-to-date, and complete information about patients at the point of care permitting immediate access to patient records for faster and efficient care. However, the disadvantage is, there could be error in data entry (human intervention) that may caused wrong diagnosis.

02.07.2015, 07:02 AM awakewaver is offline   Profile for awakewaver Add awakewaver to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kailee Brambani and awakewaver, Welcome to the Tavern... Hoping that you like it here as it is always nice to have fresh blood around...lol

Again, Welcome..

(watch out for the cake, something suspicious there )

02.07.2015, 12:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Lalia Tabitha
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.08.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lalia Tabitha Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

EHR is being used by most doctors for quite sometime. Pros and Cons? Basically same as to other programs that's main objective is to automate. :-)

02.08.2015, 11:24 PM Lalia Tabitha is offline   Profile for Lalia Tabitha Add Lalia Tabitha to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Since 99% of my medical care is through the Veterans Administration, it is nice that my records are kept digitally. This means that I can travel anywhere in the States and if I have a medical problem I can go to any VA medical site and they can access my records in seconds... This includes renewing my prescriptions if they run out or are lost or stolen...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.09.2015, 03:12 AM.

02.09.2015, 03:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kailee Brambani
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.05.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kailee Brambani Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by awakewaver My pediatrician uses EHR but my old school OB-Gyn still uses cards to document her patient’s records. One advantage of shifting to EHR is, it provides precise, up-to-date, and complete information about patients at the point of care permitting immediate access to patient records for faster and efficient care. However, the disadvantage is, there could be error in data entry (human intervention) that may caused wrong diagnosis.

Add to that disadvantage the risk of getting hacked.

Anyway it seems that this kind of system has been popular for some time now. I wonder why it took my doctor ages to upgrade. I think he upgraded the system that his staff uses for billing and scheduling too. I saw them using it when I was filling up some data and decided to look it up on the net. They were using this software and I think it really made the work flow smoother and organized.

I hope more and more hospitals and clinic use these systems.

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Since 99% of my medical care is through the Veterans Administration, it is nice that my records are kept digitally. This means that I can travel anywhere in the States and if I have a medical problem I can go to any VA medical site and they can access my records in seconds... This includes renewing my prescriptions if they run out or are lost or stolen...

Thanks for the welcome!

Anyway, I heard that using EHR helps prevent pill poppers from abusing their medication. Though, I don't know if I got that right.

02.10.2015, 01:53 AM Kailee Brambani is offline   Profile for Kailee Brambani Add Kailee Brambani to your buddy list
awakewaver
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by awakewaver Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Kailee Brambani and awakewaver, Welcome to the Tavern... Hoping that you like it here as it is always nice to have fresh blood around...lol

Again, Welcome..

(watch out for the cake, something suspicious there )

Hey, thanks for welcoming me

02.10.2015, 06:14 AM awakewaver is offline   Profile for awakewaver Add awakewaver to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks