QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Can we display Japanese text?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Site Related Suggestions & Bug Reports Can we display Japanese text? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Can we display Japanese text?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Title = Question.
Self explanatory.

The starry sky is twinkling again, this earth is exalted with tears.
The galloping time shines its light, and this world without you is my "FANTASY".

09.11.2007, 01:25 AM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

株式会社スタジオジブリの公式サイトです。新作の制作 状況をはじめ、出版物、イベントなど、スタジオジブリ に関係するさまざまな情報を、手づくりで皆さんにお届 けしています。

09.11.2007, 01:38 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
sho
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

わかるよー ~

りがとう おねがいします!
おせわになりました!

The galloping time shines its light, and this world without you is my "FANTASY".

09.11.2007, 03:28 AM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well I guess it's fine if you understand it but seeing as a lot of members, like me, don't understand it it's a little pointless.

My Anime List

09.11.2007, 01:05 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
sho
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

you can always ask! haha~

09.11.2007, 07:53 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

or just copy and paste it into google language tools

09.11.2007, 08:15 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
sho
Ohmu

No, it has problems with slang and other kinds of everyday, casual phrases. (which i happen to use a lot)

09.11.2007, 08:20 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol yeah i can see i just typed ur above text and got this...

It is understood, - the ~

The [ri] asks the fish!
It became the [se] alligator!

09.11.2007, 08:33 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
sho
Ohmu

HAHAHA lol

i wrote:
I understand!~
Thank you very much for everything!

09.11.2007, 08:36 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
株式会社スタジオジブリの公式サイトです。新作の制作 状況をはじめ、出版物、イベントなど、スタジオジブリ に関係するさまざまな情報を、手づくりで皆さんにお届 けしています。

Do you know a lot of Japanese? Where did you pick it up from? Or is there Japanese in your blood?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.11.2007, 08:37 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
sho
Ohmu

Copy paste?

09.11.2007, 09:24 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Bingo. That's just copy/paste from the Studio Ghibli website. Even I don't know what all of it says.

I do know some Japanese (not nearly that much Kanji though!), which I've learned mostly from school and friends. But I don't have a Japanese keyboard or keyboard program, so I didn't have the patience to write a more personalized message. It was really just a test to see if the forum would support it.

Post last edited by Mush on 09.12.2007, 01:18 AM.

09.12.2007, 01:17 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
sho
Ohmu

I've been living in the US, Japan, and Taiwan, so my languages are pretty scrambled....

I can speak Japanese well, read and write okay, but I can't type that well.
I can speak Mandarin well, read and write (traditional) okay, and not type so well.
I can speak English well, read wand write well, and type well.

09.12.2007, 11:59 AM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks