QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Howl's Moving Castle & Spirited Away! :D
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Howl's Moving Castle & Spirited Away! :D » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Lonannuniel
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.17.07
  Howl's Moving Castle & Spirited Away! :DPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lonannuniel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I want YOUR comments on these movies...And I want to meet some friends that like these two movies!-Or just one....I just want a friend..

I think this pic is cool too!

YA! strength in women!!

Poor teddy...

03.17.2007, 10:58 AM Lonannuniel is offline   Profile for Lonannuniel Add Lonannuniel to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think everyone here probably like these two movies, since we're on a Ghibli forum

I thought Spirited Away was fantastic, in my opinion one of the best Ghibli/Miyazaki films. Howl's Moving Castle is in some ways similar to Spirited Away. I think of the two, I probably preferred Spirited Away but they are both very well made films.

You know if you liked these films there are many many more films made by Ghibli and Miyazaki that I know you will enjoy as well.

03.17.2007, 01:13 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
The Violin Maker
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by The Violin Maker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Both are good, Spirited Away is the better of the two.

03.18.2007, 12:53 AM The Violin Maker is offline   Profile for The Violin Maker Add The Violin Maker to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Auden Twilight
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, in my area, Howl's Moving Castle is one of the most watched movies.(Me:around 75 times or more)And Spirited
Away seems lesser known but we all like it. Heck, I'm the
only one who owns almost all the Ghibli films in my area except my cousin. And my two other cuz's. So, yeah, Kiki
is the most cute. We all obsess over how cute that one is.(me and my friend, the only ones who've seen it when we were little)And Porco and Whisper are mainly me telling everyone
but they find Porco boring(not me), and every one falls for Whisper. I have to keep my mouth shut..

03.18.2007, 08:42 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
ting
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ting Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i like both movies...
they are a bit similar but different.
For me, i like howl's moving castle more than Spirit Away.
i suggested that you should watch other ghibli movies coz they are all really good!!
bet you are going to enjoy them as well as spirit away and howl's moving castle...
(everyone is going to be your friend... so plz... don't sound so sad )

03.26.2007, 06:15 AM ting is offline   Profile for ting Add ting to your buddy list Homepage of ting Add ting to your contact list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.28.07
  hi! fellow fan!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiro_spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey! i just registered today! i'm in love with all miyazaki movies. including howl's and spirited away. spirited away was actually the first movie i ever saw by ghibli. i havn't seen all of them but i hope that soon i will.

03.28.2007, 11:44 AM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
Cloud
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
spirited away was actually the first movie i ever saw by ghibli.

Me too!
Two amazing films. I love both.
Chihiro and Sophie are two great Miyazaki-characters!

I luv the susuwatari^^

03.31.2007, 08:30 AM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiro_spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like it that all of his films impower women. howl's empowers the young adult woman and spirited empowers the 10 year old girl. i especially love the story lines in both.

03.31.2007, 09:49 AM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I almost killed someone for the spirited away thing..
Heh heh, see? If I get an obsession with something, I almost kill people for it.(I may be patient, but I'll yap about it for months)
I've owned that one and Laputa since my 9 or 10 birthday. I forget why now, something to do with my VHS Kiki's Delivery Service.
I wonder..I'm not taking Howl to school, but my Guidance teacher is letting me bring in movies. So it's between Whisper of the Heart, Kiki, and Spirited Away..

03.31.2007, 10:28 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiro_spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lucky! we never get to watch movies! if we did i would've brought in all of my ghibli collection. the only movies we watch are science, history, and if we're lucky, a hebrew/jewish one. the last one we watched was madagascar in hebrew. that was four weeks ago!

03.31.2007, 10:42 AM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
synthesizers
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by synthesizers Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like them both but I think Howl's Moving Castle is better by a little bit. I was watching Spirited Away the other day and the DVD froze up =_=;. They are both the best movies ever!!! (Nausicaa rocks too)

04.05.2007, 01:05 AM synthesizers is offline   Profile for synthesizers Add synthesizers to your buddy list Send an Email to synthesizers
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

i don't know why but i think kiki's delivery scervice is one of the best if not the best.

04.05.2007, 10:26 AM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
Miyaka
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.06.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyaka Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just signed up today, and am fairly new to the gibli films, but I love them aready I have a small collection. i bought the Howls Moving Castle first and saw the Spirited away first. I love both and so far they are my favortie. in a way they have expessed what i used to be like and the journeys I have been on, both dreamed and expirienced. Not that I was turned into an old woman or trapped in a spirit world. Yet I have been trapped in my dreams forgetting that I live in a real world. and I have at one time lived as if I were a ninety year old woman. No magic, But an interesting journey all the same.

04.06.2007, 07:42 PM Miyaka is offline   Profile for Miyaka Add Miyaka to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

that sounds really interesting! i have pretty wild dreams and one crazy imagination. i make things seem so real to me that i can almost reach out my hand and touch it. welcome to the forum! hope you have fun! i just got windows vista. so far it rocks but i only know how to log on and get to the internet! i'm pretty clueless when it comes to computers! so are you new to annime/manga too or just ghibli?

04.07.2007, 04:22 PM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
moonypiglet
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by moonypiglet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love both but i prefer Spirited away a tiny bit

I also have a little collection of Ghibli's studio films. They rock :d

04.08.2007, 09:35 AM moonypiglet is offline   Profile for moonypiglet Add moonypiglet to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

yeah! another new person. welcome welcome, please enjoy yourself! omg it's easter! happy easter! i wonder if passover is over yet

04.08.2007, 10:54 AM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

(I've asked someone to join. God, I'll have two Ray's here. This one's exactly like a male version of me, it's creepy)
Yup, Hi fluff ball!(I call newbies that, I call evil ones fur balls)

04.08.2007, 11:09 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Ray15
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ray15 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i have not seen howl's moving castle yet,i had the chance but passed it up.
I've seen spirited away it was a good film it was also funny

Thanks for the Sig #1 Sanfan

04.08.2007, 05:48 PM Ray15 is offline   Profile for Ray15 Add Ray15 to your buddy list Send an Email to Ray15 AIM Screenname: ryanclms YIM Screenname: Ryan Weaver
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

(good, I forgot to inform you about the films, didn't ? Sorry bout that, Ray)

04.08.2007, 06:25 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyaka
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.06.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyaka Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

(so are you new to annime/manga too or just ghibli?)

I started my first film with the Mystirious Play, the story was great and the anime well done. since then I have been looking at a few good films before I came accross the ghibli films. After seeing a Miyazaki film, I loved them so much that I decided to collect them all, so far I have: Howls moving Castle; Castle in the sky; Kiki's delivery; Nausica; Return of the Cat; and soon I will have whisper of the heart and My Neighbor Totoro. My favorites so far are Spirited away and Howls moving Castle.

04.09.2007, 09:59 AM Miyaka is offline   Profile for Miyaka Add Miyaka to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks