QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Random thought #100. Although, technically, this thread has seen more focus than a lot of others. xD

10.12.2010, 05:16 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

damn, I have to go to work and I'm tired... lol (yawn)

10.12.2010, 07:30 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What to do... what to do... Damnit I just want life to pause at one moment for and be like that for a while...

10.12.2010, 09:14 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
laazd,
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.27.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by laazd, Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wish i could tell my brother something for some motivation &
get him out that gutter. he’s leaving behind a family and a
mother...

not so much a thought ... well i guess it is. i can't get this lyric
out of my head. maybe it's because i can relate to it? this
family is going ... down ... hill ....

10.13.2010, 11:00 PM laazd, is offline   Profile for laazd, Add laazd, to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i wonder what's the next big step of my life... until then.. i"ll just enjoy

10.13.2010, 11:14 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Exams where you know all the answers to the questions and yet you have no idea how you did suck.

Almost as much as exams where you know the questions going in and you still feel like you failed.

10.13.2010, 11:47 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hang in there, laazd...

fen: I do wish I could go back to school, but my work schedule doesn't allow it at this time...

10.13.2010, 11:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Haha, you know there's no place I'd rather be. It's a lot of fun. I hope when I get a job, under all the complaining and stuff, I'll love it as much as school.

@laazd: are you contemplating life after high school? Sounds a lot like my friends on facebook that are in high school...xD

10.14.2010, 12:02 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
laazd,
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by laazd, Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

husky 51 : thaanks , i guess ghibli movies are my escape. i lock myself in my room and watch the movies. it makes me feel kinda.. at peace with everything.. how can you be angry or sad while you're watching them? unless it's grave of the fireflies.. i'll stay away from that one for a while. it'll make me think of my brother too much.

fenkashi : i'm sorry i don't quite understand what you mean. either i'm really dumb or i'm drained from homework because i'm passing out right now! zzz

10.14.2010, 01:15 AM laazd, is offline   Profile for laazd, Add laazd, to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

uggh. i hate it when i email people on craigslist, and we make a deal, but they don't respond...

10.14.2010, 02:34 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't whether or not I should switch schools to try for the full international baccalaureate diploma. Which is this: http://ibo.org/diploma/ It's supposed to be terribly, terribly, terribly difficult and involve a LOT of homework, but if I do it, I can pretty much get into any college I want. I can only do partial IB at my school (only take some of the tests) which isn't nearly as good and I need to get a really good scholarship if I want to go to college. Buuuuuuut I don't wanna leave almost everyone I know and go to a school where I only know like two people. D: Plus this school has no windows, or so I've heard.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

10.17.2010, 03:22 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
Plus this school has no windows, or so I've heard.

That must be a metaphor. I don't know about the rules in America, but I'm pretty sure a school legally needs to have windows.

Anyway, it's completely up to you! If you feel that there are particularly prestigious universities you'd want to apply for and you don't think that the courses you're doing will be enough, it might be worthwhile. And you wouldn't need to totally ditch everyone you know if you make an effort to stick together. But it depends on how important you think the full IBs will be.

10.17.2010, 05:48 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
I don't whether or not I should switch schools to try for the full international baccalaureate diploma. Which is this: http://ibo.org/diploma/ It's supposed to be terribly, terribly, terribly difficult and involve a LOT of homework, but if I do it, I can pretty much get into any college I want. I can only do partial IB at my school (only take some of the tests) which isn't nearly as good and I need to get a really good scholarship if I want to go to college. Buuuuuuut I don't wanna leave almost everyone I know and go to a school where I only know like two people. D: Plus this school has no windows, or so I've heard.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My random thought was going to be me asking why I'm still up. But I got and IB diploma and I loved it. I know what you mean about having to move schools. If you're worried about making friends, I didn't know anyone in grade 10...and now some of my best friends are those I met in high school. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say it took us a week to gel as a group. And yes, it's a lot of work (more in the sense of how much, rather than how hard) so it's kind of like three years of bonding over that. xD But it's also incredibly rewarding to get through it.

It also does help you loads with universities (getting in and then doing well when you're there) and scholarships but it's also not for everyone. I like putting myself through crazy things and working really hard so it was good for me.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. Otherwise, good luck deciding!

10.17.2010, 05:55 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

I wonder how long we'll last...
oh sorry. just a random thought.
Us,mankind in general... when 2012 comes around there's going to be a hype about it just like in 2000....
I don't think anything"ll happen in 2012, but it makes me wonder about the future and what"ll become of us

Post last edited by jusomekid on 10.17.2010, 02:02 PM.

10.17.2010, 11:01 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

define "we'll"...

Us, individually?

Us, the Tavern?

Us, a nation (whichever you happen to belong to)?

Us a world?

Or Us, mankind in general?

10.17.2010, 11:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Us, existence itself?

10.17.2010, 12:38 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

In that case, Yes, I think we'll still be around...

Conditions might be different depending on the situations around the globe, such as Iraq, China, North Korea, Iran, etc. although at this time I think our greatest danger worldwide comes from the last two, IMO.

I think that the only other way we might not survive is if we had something cataclismic happen such as an astroid or something major like that. Other than that, I think we'll just keep plugging along...

Reminds me of the song I've got going thru my head...

"Down in the Jungle"

Down in the jungle, where it all began
A monkey got thinking and thought he'd be a man
One little monkey thought he'd be unique
So he stood up and said so and found that he could speak
In the jungle, down there in the...

Down there in the jungle feelin' kinda blue
Man needed someone to do his speakin' to
Saw him a woman sittin' eatin' fruit
He found he was married and had to wear a suit
in the jungle, down there in the...

Down in the jungle man and family
Got kinda crowded livin' in a tree
So man built a mud hut and woman gave a grin
And all her relations started movin' in

Down there in the jungle neighbors came to call
Man gave thewm greetings, welcome one and all
Neighbors admired everything they saw
And that was the reason they started off a war

Down there in the jungle where it all began
One little monkey thought he'd be a man
One little monkey had his little say
And that's how it started and how we're here today
in the jungle...

sorry for the length, but it kinda gives a short version of man here on earth... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.18.2010, 01:14 AM.

10.17.2010, 10:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
laazd,
Tanuki

even thouugh you guys are talking about something serious up there .. i'm gonna lighten the mood and try not to think about 2012 ..

I REAAAAAALLY, really , REAaeallly hope it snows this winter.. i haven't played in the snow in 2 years , it's so depressing < / 3

10.18.2010, 04:55 PM laazd, is offline   Profile for laazd, Add laazd, to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

2012 is da shitz. Last I checked, the dozen or so predictions on the armageddon's date has never come true. And I'm guesing it's gonna be like so for at least another two centuries.

Random thoughts: Is it that bad to want to believe that you can, you know, affect the world in a better way? Or is it better to just live as thought you're just a grain of sand in the universe?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.20.2010, 09:45 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

From my ripe OLD age I look at it this way.

Of the billions of people populating this Earth at any one time with many millions having died and many millions having been born, I think of my self as somewhat like a grain of sand on the beach, BUT I also fell that in some small way I have made the world better.

example:
today a lady at work had a very low tire and I happened to have a tire pump that plugs into a cigarette lighter. I inflated her tire and then, because she had a ways to go to get home, I loaned her the tire pumpu ntil I see her again next Tuesday.

I felt great being able to help her, She felt good because someone helped her and then gave her some advice on getting her tire repaired or replaced...

good, good all the way around.

Plus I make a lot of people laugh and smile at work even in their illnesses. Of course I also make a few people angry because I tell them off when they do something dumb, like honking their horn at an elderly person who stops in front of them to let someone out of their car, usually an invalid with a walker, etc. It makes the person anxious and slower and more apt to make a mistake thus slowing them down even more. As for the honking driver, it really doesn't speed things up and only frustrates them even more...

So I do a lot of things that I feel affect the world in my own small way...

It's kinda like that Zen thing where it is thought that the wind generated by the wings of a butterfly in one part of the world can build to a hurricane in another part...

or something like that...

EDIT:
BTW, Roar, welcome back and I hope you have a lot of luck and karma in finding another job real soon...

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.20.2010, 10:11 PM.

10.20.2010, 10:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks