QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - forum skin.....
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » forum skin..... » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
forum skin.....Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey everyone!!!

just wondering but ever though about changing the skin or anything like that for this forum cause..... well this is only my oppion but it just seems to be abit dark and gloomy looking really

but dont get me wrong if everyone here is fine with it then so be it lol

but to me only though i thought it could just need abit more brightening up really thats all.

soz if it sounds like a complaint and or something else but thought if anyone else thought i i was wondering if they wanted there oppion on the matter.....

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

06.05.2006, 07:55 AM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I get what you're saying...but I've gotta say I like the skin the way it is! I find it really easy on the eyes, there's nothing worse than having to stare at a brightly coloured site that hurts your eyes and gives you a headache! I think the colour is soothing, and is responsible for the chilled out atmosphere in the forum (Colour Therapy is big bucks you know?)! Maybe if it was brighter, people would be more...volatile!!!

06.05.2006, 01:41 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have to say that I agree completely with SpiritedSen. I've probably got permenant eye strain after spending ages of the World of Warcraft forums; who use some awful grey background and white writing. It isn't half as calm and tranquil as this site, and (it might just be me), after reading it I get headaches...

What sort of colours were you thinking of? Perhaps keep the same background colour and text, but liven up the borders with little Ghibli characters?

hehe... what do other people think?

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.05.2006, 02:52 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i really like it the way it is. its so peacefull. only the angel girl soaring atop the page. though perhaps the odd wee baby totoro would be cool . though it might mess with the lines a bit.

06.05.2006, 07:28 PM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hehe the odd wee baby totoro...the white one or the blue one? cuz i think the blue one is chibi-totoro, and the white one is chu-totoro...

yeah, that would be cool.

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

06.05.2006, 07:38 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

their both really cute. i have a little blue one keyring - hes so great.

06.06.2006, 08:18 AM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by micg huz

I have a green totoro keyring! I love it, straight from Japan. I like the colours of this forum but a little change won't hurt anything.. including my eyes!

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

06.06.2006, 01:18 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by shiawase
quote:
Originally posted by micg huz

I have a green totoro keyring! I love it, straight from Japan.

I don't have a keyring, but I have the most awesome Totoro cushion that I got off EBay, brand new from Japan, bagged and with all the labels on...perfect!! And only £14.99, including postage! Bargainous or what!!?? It's pretty big too, 15" tall (just a bit smaller than the real Totoro, hey??!! )
[IMG]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8186/mytotorocushion9re.jpg" border=0>[/IMG]

P.S Sorry about the topic change mpw, everyone back to forum skins now!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.06.2006, 01:32 PM.

06.06.2006, 01:30 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol coool!!! Totoro cushion proper gd and i dont mind the copic change just as long as ppl are talking lol.

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

06.07.2006, 06:37 AM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
SpiritedSen
Totoro

In that case...lovin your new sig mpw...but for the life of me, I can't remember what they're from? My memory is like a sieve, please enlighten me!!

06.09.2006, 07:20 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The characters are from the series "Dirty pair flash" and its nothing naughty by the way lol but its incredibly funny series i have the entire series on video thxs to "scifi channel on sky lol"....

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

06.10.2006, 04:31 AM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe I'll replace the picture of san and eboshi on the forum main page, can anyone even see it since it's so blurry?

now what should i replcae with? totoro w/ chibi totoros?

06.12.2006, 10:39 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
I find it really easy on the eyes, there's nothing worse than having to stare at a brightly coloured site that hurts your eyes and gives you a headache! I think the colour is soothing, and is responsible for the chilled out atmosphere in the forum (Colour Therapy is big bucks you know?)! Maybe if it was brighter, people would be more...volatile!!!

Agreed, for some reason my eyes can only take a certain number of photons a day, beyond that it's certain headache! This is a nice peaceful color to look at, maybe a little less grayish, but not brighter please!! Besides, the messages and picks are what really matters!
By the way, UO's avatar is absolutely hilarious (I just had to write that!)

Post last edited by aviator on 06.13.2006, 03:14 AM.

06.13.2006, 03:11 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
ting
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ting Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i find the colour was a bit dark and gloomy too. however i find the colour go easy on the eyes too. So, i don't know about it. by the way i really like the front page, very attractive!

06.19.2006, 12:12 PM ting is offline   Profile for ting Add ting to your buddy list Homepage of ting Add ting to your contact list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by UO
Maybe I'll replace the picture of san and eboshi on the forum main page, can anyone even see it since it's so blurry?

now what should i replcae with? totoro w/ chibi totoros?

I read this post when you posted it...and I've only just worked out where the pic is you're talking about...it's SO blurry, I didn't even know what it was of, it's only just clicked!
Totoro's would be cool, or Spirited Away (but I'm biased on that front!)

06.19.2006, 05:52 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

only a suggestion but what about a long banner with all the different ghibli faces going across it... but totoro w/ chibi totoros are good as well!!

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

06.19.2006, 05:59 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Two words:

HOT. PINK.

Ahem.

And you think I'm joking

09.19.2006, 02:31 PM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe if there were other skins, and a profile option to choose which one you use?

09.19.2006, 02:34 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's a good idea.

09.19.2006, 02:39 PM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
Snakebite
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Snakebite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Generally the codes are long and they dont work on all browsers.

09.19.2006, 05:12 PM Snakebite is offline   Profile for Snakebite Add Snakebite to your buddy list Homepage of Snakebite
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks