QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Question about R1 NTSC DVD's
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » Question about R1 NTSC DVD's » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
Question about R1 NTSC DVD'sPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have loads of region 1 ntsc dvd's and they have always worked on my dvd player (i assume it's a multi-region). However, I recently bought Zatoichi on R1 NTSC from the States, but when I put it in my player, it says Wrong Region! I've never had ANY probs with region 1's before, has anyone got any ideas as to what's going on and how I can fix it?
Maybe it's corrupted?

06.03.2006, 09:29 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Offhand, I'd say your player was not truly a multi-region set. If your player was set to region 0, you shouldn't see an error like that at all. Did you check your make and model against the known lists of hackable machines?

However, as you mentioned, it's a possibility that your Zatoichi disk is corrupt--or, more worrisome, it might be a new software "feature" on the disk that messes with machines set for all regions and it might play only on machines set to operate only on region 1.

06.04.2006, 12:56 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks so much dude! I googled a hack for my DVD player, and now the DVD works great!! Aren't you a clever bunny?!!
Now I'm trying to find a hack for my other dvd player, wonder if anyone here can help? It's a Batman DVD/TV Combi from Woolworths! I've googled it, yahood it, and all that, but can't find anything. (I tried the hack for Woolworths Disney DVD's, but it didn't work ) I've left a message on an AV forum, but as you peeps are so smart, maybe one of you could suggest something?!!

06.04.2006, 12:46 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You need to know the maker and model number of the DVD drive in the combination machine. It's easy to determine if you take apart the set and look at the data plate on the player. I don't recommend it, however, if there are warranty or technical capability issues.

Sometimes, you can get technical information from Sam's Photofacts, which has schematics for most consumer electronics. I think you might be able to access Sam's Photofacts on line from your local library's internet connection.

What you're looking for is what other DVD players that drive was used in. Sometimes, it's a custom-made job without hacks--so you might be out of luck.

06.09.2006, 07:09 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cheers for that dude. I don't think you'd be able to take my set apsrt, it's all moulded plastic and Bat Signals!!
[IMG]http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5994/mybatmantv1is.jpg" border=0>[/IMG]
I'll check out Sam's Photofacts though, thanks v.much!

06.09.2006, 07:27 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks