QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - another suggestion...
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » another suggestion... » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  another suggestion...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When I registered on this forum I felt I finally came home among many other serious ghibli fans, and I got responses on the first day of my first posting! so obviously I want this site to be the best it can be, here are a few ideas (these are from the anime forum of japanese-online.com):
- Provide a means for members to post pictures, drawings or images (I don't mean just sig images), like member amaki_tenshi suggested on his "picks from own PC" thread. By the way, how did he get that picture in there?!!!

Besides that, this is a great site!

Post last edited by aviator on 06.11.2006, 08:09 PM.

05.30.2006, 03:52 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello Aviator, welcome to the forums!

Your ideas sound great. Actually, I've been wondering for a little while now how to get pictures into a post. Not being very technical, the extent of my efforts was trying to drag and drop a picture into the box one types replies in... it didn't work though... Do you have to upload them or something? It could be complicated

Anyway, not being a web designer, I don't now how easy or time consuming the ideas would be to impliment. It's great that you've taken the time to think about improvements though!

Have a great time here .

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

Post last edited by Phyrra on 05.30.2006, 04:44 PM.

05.30.2006, 04:38 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra
Actually, I've been wondering for a little while now how to get pictures into a post.

Dunno if this is what you meant, but to get pics on the forum, I go to http://imageshack.us/ . If you go on there, it says Upload File in the middle of the page. Press Browse and you can look for pics on your hard drive. When you've done that, click Host It!. Wait a min, and it'll bring up some URL'S, just click and copy the one for forums. Then, when writing in a thread, click on the IMG button above, and paste the URL you've just copied into the hole provided! Eh, voila!!
[IMG]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2899/howl60gs.jpg" border=0>[/IMG]
I'm sure you probs knew all that, but if you didn't, hope it helps!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 05.30.2006, 06:30 PM.

05.30.2006, 06:06 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you SpiritedSen! I didn't know that, and if you hadn't told me, I wouldn't know how to use my fabulous new sig! It's exactly what I meant, by the way, so thanks again!

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

05.31.2006, 02:14 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

another thanksPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the info SpiritedSen. Do you (or anybody) know how to resize the signature images using the method described?, mine still looks really small

Post last edited by aviator on 06.09.2006, 03:01 AM.

06.09.2006, 02:51 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by aviator
Thanks for the info SpiritedSen. Do you (or anybody) know how to resize the signature images using the method described?, mine still looks really small

You could try this, dunno if it'll work though! Once you've clicked 'Host It!', and the URL's come up, try cut and pasting the URL that is the 'Direct Link To Image', rather than a 'Hotlink'.
Hope it works!! Finger's x'd!!

06.09.2006, 09:34 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
lindseybermudez
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.07.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by lindseybermudez Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

you can also try photobucket thats what i use on everything!!

♥Boricua Anime Freak 4 Life♥

06.09.2006, 05:16 PM lindseybermudez is offline   Profile for lindseybermudez Add lindseybermudez to your buddy list Send an Email to lindseybermudez Homepage of lindseybermudez YIM Screenname: lindseybermudez@yahoo.com
SpiritedSen
Totoro

lindseybermudez, this is driving me mad...what anime is your sig from? My mind has gone blank, and I can only remember her from AMV Hell 3. Pleeeease tell me so I don't have a breakdown!! Thanks

06.09.2006, 07:15 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
lindseybermudez
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.07.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by lindseybermudez Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LOL thats chi from chobits!! she's my fav.!! dont worry about the downbreaks, it happens all the time (to me anyways! )

♥Boricua Anime Freak 4 Life♥

06.10.2006, 02:53 AM lindseybermudez is offline   Profile for lindseybermudez Add lindseybermudez to your buddy list Send an Email to lindseybermudez Homepage of lindseybermudez YIM Screenname: lindseybermudez@yahoo.com
aviator
Warawara

GOT IT!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the info guys, the URL's that worked (on my profile/image at least) were actually the 'Hotlink for forums (1)' and 'Hotlink for Websites'. The 'thumbnail' and 'direct link' URL's only gave me small images or links. I still had to downsize my image on Picture Manager first which was easy enough! I'll check out photobucket soon...

Post last edited by aviator on 06.10.2006, 05:41 PM.

06.10.2006, 05:38 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Kanta
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.26.06
I can't add photoPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanta Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To Spirited Sen, Thanks for usuful info.
I've wanted to add pictures in my message.
I didn't know how.
But, WHERE is IMG button??
or WHAT is IMG button??
Can I find it in this Post Reply area??

06.14.2006, 12:35 PM Kanta is offline   Profile for Kanta Add Kanta to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Kanta
To Spirited Sen, Thanks for usuful info.
I've wanted to add pictures in my message.
I didn't know how.
But, WHERE is IMG button??
or WHAT is IMG button??
Can I find it in this Post Reply area??

No worries dude! Glad to help!
When you're writing a post, directly above the box you're writing in, it has little boxes with B, I, U, http://, @, IMG, #, PHP, List, and Quote in them. That is the IMG button you are searching for! Click on that and it will ask you for the url address of the image you wanna pop in. Write it in, press OK, and hey presto...you've got yourself a picture!

06.14.2006, 03:25 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
When you're writing a post, directly above the box you're writing in, it has little boxes with B, I, U, http://, @, IMG, #, PHP, List, and Quote in them.

Really? I've never seen that lot of boxes before! I just have loads of smilies and the option to choose one of them as an iconabove this box... nope, there's definately no bar like that above this reply box...

How did you get that toolbar-thing? I'm quite interested...

06.14.2006, 04:33 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
When you're writing a post, directly above the box you're writing in, it has little boxes with B, I, U, http://, @, IMG, #, PHP, List, and Quote in them.

Really? I've never seen that lot of boxes before! I just have loads of smilies and the option to choose one of them as an iconabove this box... nope, there's definately no bar like that above this reply box...

How did you get that toolbar-thing? I'm quite interested...

It's underneath the 'Icon (optional)' bit with the smilies, but above the 'Message' box. It should say BB Code on the right hand side, just above where it says 'Message'. All the 'boxes' are directly underneath where you pick Size, Font, Colour and Alignement. Any probs, let me know! It must be there!! I didn't get it, or put it there, it's just there automatically!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.14.2006, 05:22 PM.

06.14.2006, 05:22 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Kanta
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanta Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To Spirited Sen
As Phyrra says, I also can't find such little boxes.
There is nothing around this message box but smiles.
Does it need other setting with PC or browser??
I'm using Windows XP and OPERA now.

06.14.2006, 07:37 PM Kanta is offline   Profile for Kanta Add Kanta to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
To Spirited Sen
As Phyrra says, I also can't find such little boxes.
There is nothing around this message box but smiles.
Does it need other setting with PC or browser??
I'm using Windows XP and OPERA now.

No idea dude!! When you click on post reply, the boxes are just there, above the message box!! Talk to UO, you'll find a posting of his in the Suggestions and Bug Reports section, in the thread 'Forum Time', (he's got the cutest animated avatar of a big pink teddy kicking someone's head in!) This guy is our lord and master, and knows everything, send him a private message, and I know he'll help you out!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.14.2006, 09:45 PM.

06.14.2006, 09:42 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Kanta
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanta Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you Spited Sen!! I'll ask him.
But, am I the only one who has such trouble??

06.15.2006, 12:40 AM Kanta is offline   Profile for Kanta Add Kanta to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

quote:
Thank you Spited Sen!! I'll ask him.
But, am I the only one who has such trouble??

No you're not! I still can't find that box. I have the smilies and then, directly underneath, the message box.

I could take a screen shot and then show you... but I'm sure you know what I mean... there's no such bar!

06.15.2006, 01:13 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

I'm really sorry you're all having so much trouble, get in touch with UO, and he'll sort it all out for you!!

06.15.2006, 01:28 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol >.< you guys really dont see this box?

06.15.2006, 01:36 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks