QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - castle in the sky
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » castle in the sky » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  castle in the skyPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

has anyone seen castle in the sky? and if so, is it any good?

01.28.2003, 06:53 AM  
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

good stuff

but see for yourself

01.29.2003, 02:07 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
TrippleBeem
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.12.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TrippleBeem Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's excelent, and of course, as usual, as I always say.... it is available for Download off of Kazaa....... sheesh, it's like i work for them or something!

02.13.2003, 01:29 PM TrippleBeem is offline   Profile for TrippleBeem Add TrippleBeem to your buddy list AIM Screenname: ryankohl YIM Screenname: ryankohl
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by TrippleBeem
sheesh, it's like i work for them or something!

lol you really do...
i personally dont like kazaa... not a good place for anime... direct connect is better those kinda of sharing

02.13.2003, 07:22 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
TrippleBeem
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TrippleBeem Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I dont have any good hookups for direct connect users, but i would love to become involved.... send me an email or an IM

02.17.2003, 05:01 PM TrippleBeem is offline   Profile for TrippleBeem Add TrippleBeem to your buddy list AIM Screenname: ryankohl YIM Screenname: ryankohl
Sammi
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.28.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sammi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't really like Kazaa because sometimes the files are corrupt or just plain bad. And they take a long time to download. What I DO suggest is buying the DVD - it's now up for pre-ordering at Amazon.com (if you live in the US or whatever). And "Spirited Away" is too, just in case anyone was wondering. I asked the people there to let me know when they'd be out, and they are now! YAY!

~ Sammi <3

02.25.2003, 10:08 PM Sammi is offline   Profile for Sammi Add Sammi to your buddy list Send an Email to Sammi Homepage of Sammi
TrippleBeem
Kodama

I also recomend buy DVD's over downloading copies (from any source), becasue anime lovers need to buy what limited anime makes it over to the States so that more and more will keep coming. However, in the case of a movie that isn't availabe or will never be available in the states via a comercial release, then downloading is an acceptable alternative.

02.27.2003, 01:16 PM TrippleBeem is offline   Profile for TrippleBeem Add TrippleBeem to your buddy list AIM Screenname: ryankohl YIM Screenname: ryankohl
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i got the dvd, i also watched it in subtitles and its very diferent words. in japanese they sAY the tower wAS in gullavers tales. and wen Pazu yells "sheeta", in japanese he yells it rediculously high-pithed

11.18.2003, 05:46 PM  
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Guest
i got the dvd, i also watched it in subtitles and its very diferent words. in japanese they sAY the tower wAS in gullavers tales. and wen Pazu yells "sheeta", in japanese he yells it rediculously high-pithed

Pazu's barely a teen anyway. My brother's voice pitch is a lot higher than that. In any case, u should hear the dub, they make Pazu sound like he's older than 20. Original is always best.

IMO laputa is the best ghibli film statistically, losing only to mononoke in storyline and Mimi wo Sumaseba for music.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.19.2003, 04:18 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i saw dubbed 1st and nowin subt. it makes more sense.
i know it should be high, but compared to dubbed, wich i saw 1st it was sillier than if i hadnt allready been used to the other way 8] >

11.22.2003, 04:21 PM  
kalani
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.16.03
  castle in the skyPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kalani Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

castle in the sky is a fun film and i really loved it

12.16.2003, 09:47 PM kalani is offline   Profile for kalani Add kalani to your buddy list
sleazy
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.23.04
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sleazy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i only hear good things about castle in the sky...

i really have to see that movie...i watched whisper of the heart today and i just loved it!

01.23.2004, 03:48 PM sleazy is offline   Profile for sleazy Add sleazy to your buddy list Add sleazy to your contact list
john_lin78
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.12.04
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by john_lin78 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes I've seen this movie... and it was more than 13 years since I first watched it... it's actually the first Miyazaki work I watched... as a young boy, after watching this movie... I am shocked and panic that I couldn't get more of it... it simply fulfilled my imagination...
Although it's a considerable old movie... but the quality is still great... all done by hand... the color is great and colorful, the music is awasome really matches with the plot.
It's a MUST see, if you like Miyazaki's other works.. for sure you will enjoy this one ^^ cheers !

04.13.2004, 01:59 AM john_lin78 is offline   Profile for john_lin78 Add john_lin78 to your buddy list
Siobhan
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.13.04
castle in the skyPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Siobhan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It isn't my favorite Ghibli film...but it is a load of fun. It's targeted more towards children i think..but it entertained me well enough^_^
Lot's of funny stuff. I laughed out loud a few times. Pretty much your classic kids tale--Sio

04.14.2004, 12:32 PM Siobhan is offline   Profile for Siobhan Add Siobhan to your buddy list Send an Email to Siobhan
ghiblistudio
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.19.04
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ghiblistudio Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i like laputa alot

10.19.2004, 02:56 PM ghiblistudio is offline   Profile for ghiblistudio Add ghiblistudio to your buddy list Send an Email to ghiblistudio Add ghiblistudio to your contact list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  =D Cute moviePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It makes me wish I had my own private flying island with Nausicaa squirrels and giant overprotective robots. I just watched this for the first time tonight, but I've been a Miyazaki fan for years! Pazo's a cutie, and I like that they made the characters seem younger, it seems like it suits him better to be 12 than 18, eh? ;D
I mostly admire all the creative thought put into this story. The glowing cave scene was my favorite I think. ^_^

01.23.2005, 03:51 AM  
bent
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.13.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by bent Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

use torrentspy.com to dl laputa

anyone know where to download the soundtrack from?

03.14.2005, 12:22 AM bent is offline   Profile for bent Add bent to your buddy list
the_baron's_girl
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by the_baron's_girl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love Castle in the sky . . .but it feels really long. . . ^^ heh

Someday I will find my Baron. . .

03.27.2005, 04:57 PM the_baron's_girl is offline   Profile for the_baron's_girl Add the_baron's_girl to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bent
use torrentspy.com to dl laputa

anyone know where to download the soundtrack from?

I got it. You can get it from me, although you're gonna need a big email cuz that's the only form of sending I accept.

Or we could meet up at Orchard Road or somewhere

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.01.2005, 10:09 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
starhawk
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.20.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by starhawk Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think Laputa ranks in my top three favorite Ghibli films. The movie draws you in to its sense of wonder and discovery so effectively. Really great film.

04.02.2005, 05:07 AM starhawk is offline   Profile for starhawk Add starhawk to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks