QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - "8:15 Hiroshima: From Father to Daughter"
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » "8:15 Hiroshima: From Father to Daughter" » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  "8:15 Hiroshima: From Father to Daughter"Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

On a PBS station KCET
A poignant tale as told by a young survivor of the first Atomic Bomb dropped on Japan of August 6, 1945...

Narrated in English and Japanese (with appropriate subtitles) and told by the Survivor (Shinji Mikama) and his daughter, Akiko Mikama, who produced this film...

I understand the military reasoning behind the decision for dropping the bomb in the first place, but this is the first time that I have heard the details from the lips of an actual survivor... Very moving to me... Shinji lived from 1926-2020...

08.06.2023, 11:27 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks